Official: Tiago to Juve (13 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good Idea, maybe with cash left we can look for a defender.
A damn good defender to partner Milito for years to come.

Tiago - Almiron and Sissoko behind them would make a great midfield for a 4-3-3 but it seems that Sissoko is not a target anymore.
Tiago - Zanetti - Almiron is still great midfield in my opinion. Not to mention the possibilities of fielding Marchisio and Nocerino. Give this team a season or two and we could have one of the best midfields in Europe.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Are you counting Nedved as one of the midfielders or as one of the top three? I guess the latter, as Almirón - Nedved - Tiago would not work, and I doubt any of them will be sitting on the bench.
Well at the moment we dont know if Nedved will retire or not, and if he doesnt retire (hopefully) then he could play in a more "forward" role, maybe behind the strikers

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Are you counting Nedved as one of the midfielders or as one of the top three? I guess the latter, as Almirón - Nedved - Tiago would not work, and I doubt any of them will be sitting on the bench.
Something like this

Buffon

Grygera - ???? - Milito - Chiellini

Salihamidzic - Tiago - Almiron

Nedved

Trez/Iaquinta/Gila/Hunter/god knows - Del Piero

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Do you think Salihamidzic could take care of the defensive duties in such a formation? I'd forgotten about him.
I'm not sure TBH, but knowing that he's fast and got stamina, we might need someone like him in such a formation like 4-3-3. But still I'm not sure, and it would be risky if you ask me.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A damn good defender to partner Milito for years to come.

Tiago - Zanetti - Almiron is still great midfield in my opinion. Not to mention the possibilities of fielding Marchisio and Nocerino. Give this team a season or two and we could have one of the best midfields in Europe.
Indeed it is, not to forget the versatility we have in changing formations with such players. I said Sissoko only as an upgrade to Zanetti but I still think that Christiano is one of the better midfielders in their role except for his injuries.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Well, the point is that we have tons of options and I feel splashing the cash for some midfield juggernaut will only restrict us, as there's no way we're paying so much money for squad players. We'll be forced to play these new acquisitions even when they won't add much more than our current players, or we'll have to waste them on the bench. If both Almirón and Tiago sign, I feel we are covered in midfield - even if Camoranesi leaves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)