*OFFICIAL* The President Barack Obama Thead (3 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
first off congratulations to all the american people, you did the right thing though Bush should never have been elected the first time. in a way though the world will thank bush for making such a fuckin arse of the "biggest job in the world" because it will be a long time before the american people ever make a mistake like that again.
the real upshot of this is that the average american will see a rapid change in peoples attitude towards them,no longer will the american image be of a bully and maybe, just maybe the years of dodgy foreign policy will be washed away under a sea of change that Obama promises to deliver. it will not be easy, but america and her people have made the biggest step towards reconciliation with the rest of the world by showing their willingness to change.

i just hope no dickhead shoots him
that was my first thought this morning, someone will almost certainly take a pop at him, possibly before he even gets swore in as president

Congrats Americans... you guys made the right choice (at least thats how it looks from India)...
where's Vinman?
shit.....Vinny has a gun:shocked: and a badge that lets him get close to the main man

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Congrats on your new president!

It shouldn't have taken you 8 years but congrats none the less. This is definitely a great day for America and the world.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Congratulations America. I don't particularly pay much attention to politicians & politics but Obama's victory & speech was amazing. I feel like there is hope restored in this world again & I hope that all will be patient because this mess will take a long time to clean up.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #210
    What's incredible is that the image of the USA has instantly changed all over the planet. I mean, even I admire the USA right now, I actually want to live there for a while. I never hated Americans, but I did hate the American government and so did many Europeans. Even the Belgian media were barely objective during these elections. Obama's victory means that you can go to Italy or Belgium as an American and proudly say you're an American without having to answer for president Bush and a morally bankrupt republican party.

I will continue to look down on fat American tourists in Firenze though.
    at least we now know what gets you through the day

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Congrats for the Americans....well not all don't know about Vinny... but congrats for my men Andy, android, Enron.. I know they supported that dude.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #213
    so i'm listening/watching all the republicans in my office walk around like their world was destroyed last night

southern + republican + texan + racist (not overtly, but deep down inside they still are) = 98% of white ppl today in the red states such as texas

we may have come a long way, but its more than evident that we still have a long way to go. white ppl :rolleyes:

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    so i'm listening/watching all the republicans in my office walk around like their world was destroyed last night

southern + republican + texan + racist (not overtly, but deep down inside they still are) = 98% of white ppl today in the red states such as texas

we may have come a long way, but its more than evident that we still have a long way to go. white ppl :rolleyes:
    In that case may my mexican brothers invade texas.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

There will always be racism here.

according to cnn, more white people voted for obama than for gore, kerry and one of clinton's years

take that as a victory
    Once people start losing jobs, losing their pensions, losing their investments, they start to wake up a little.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    THANK YOU for all the congrats, Tom and Rab, along with the rest of the lot.

I'm very fucking proud today despite a massive hangover. It's totally worth it.

MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)