Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (10 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
i'll say it for the 100000000th time...chelsea arent going to win next season
The 100000000th time?

That's a lotta words to swallow come May next year, I suggest you start now. ;)

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Stampa inglese: Vieira, spunta offerta dal Real Madrid
Ma l`accordo con la Juventus pare cosa fatta

Non c`è ancora nulla di ufficiale ma Patrick Vieira e la Juventus sono vicinissimi dopo l`incontro avvenuto a Londra tra i dirigenti delle due società. Secondo la stampa inglese, l`Arsenal incasserebbe circa 15 milioni di euro per la cessione del suo capitano. I bianconeri pero`, potrebbero dover superare un ultimo ostacolo. Sempre secondo i tabloid britannici, infatti, il Real Madrid sarebbe pronto a rilanciare con una nuova offerta per Vieira, dopo aver già provato nelle passate stagioni a portare il giocatore al Santiago Bernabeu.

L`Arsenal, fino a questo momento, si è limitato a confermare i contatti con la Juve.

i hate real madrid

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
Formation?

Zlatan Trez

Nedved Camoranesi

Emerson Vieira

Zambrotta Cannavaro Thuram Zebina/New signing

Buffon

Very similar to the formation that Capello used in his Milan days. The new midfield patrnership will dominate the midfield allowing Nedved to cut inside,and Zambrotta to flank down the left.Camoranesi will still be able to make his runs down the right,to join the attack. Leaving either, one of Emerson and Vieira to push up in support or both hold back - creating a very strong back line,which will be incredibly hard to break down.

As similar players Vieira and Emerson are,they can still both co-exist-to create one of the best midfields in recent times...

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++

Non c`è ancora nulla di ufficiale ma Patrick Vieira e la Juventus sono vicinissimi dopo l`incontro avvenuto a Londra tra i dirigenti delle due società. Secondo la stampa inglese, l`Arsenal incasserebbe circa 15 milioni di euro per la cessione del suo capitano. I bianconeri pero`, potrebbero dover superare un ultimo ostacolo. Sempre secondo i tabloid britannici, infatti, il Real Madrid sarebbe pronto a rilanciare con una nuova offerta per Vieira, dopo aver già provato nelle passate stagioni a portare il giocatore al Santiago Bernabeu.

L`Arsenal, fino a questo momento, si è limitato a confermare i contatti con la Juve.

i hate real madrid
English please!

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++

i hate real madrid

Translation???

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I hope we don't sign Pires. He's getting towards the end of his career and expience is an element our team is already full with. Besides we already have an old left midfielder.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
For a cheap cheap price, I wouldn't mind Pires.

Besides, Vieira might feel more at home with him there; it'd aid his performances immensely if he could settle in well.

Who knows,he could actually turn out to be a good player for us.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
For a cheap cheap price, I wouldn't mind Pires.

Besides, Vieira might feel more at home with him there; it'd aid his performances immensely if he could settle in well.

Who knows,he could actually turn out to be a good player for us.
Cheap, as?
(dont forget he asks 2.7 X2years as a salary)

++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
what are the oods that Capello uses a 3-5-2 formation, it would be great to see that...

it would be more than great

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Another summer, another will-he-won't-he leave Arsenal drama involving Patrick Vieira.

But this time it looks like the Gunners will not put up the kind of resistance which has seen them cling on to their skipper for the past five years.

It was back in 2000 that Juventus first came knocking, offering £16m for the French midfielder.

The following year, bids from Real Madrid, Manchester United and Juve, again, were all rejected.

Real have continued to attempt to prise Vieira from north London and seemed to have managed it last year when Arsenal accepted their £23m bid.

But Vieira made a last-minute decision to stay at Highbury - though it now seems likely to have prolonged his Arsenal career by just one season.

Juve have just confirmed their renewed interest in taking Vieira to Turin and the signs are that this time they will get their man - at a reduced price.

But, with Vieira now 29-years-old and, some say, struggling to maintain his form, why are Europe's biggest clubs so keen to acquire him?

And would Arsenal benefit most if they chose to pocket the money for a player who just a couple of season ago was regarded as the finest in the world in his position?

By his own admission, Vieira's performances were not his best last season.

The usually imperious presence and driving force of the Arsenal team faltered too often as the Gunners failed to defend their Premiership title.

Vieira also suffered technically - his passing, shooting and heading was frequently wayward - and he failed to impose himself on his opponents.

Yes, he lifted the FA Cup last season but he was largely ineffective in the final - a game which Arsenal won on penalties after being completely outplayed by Manchester United.

And Vieira has slipped down the pecking order of Premiership midfielders, with Frank Lampard the new king at the newly crowned champions Chelsea.

When Chelsea tried to boost their midfield this summer, it was Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, not Vieira, who topped their wanted list.

But in Italy and Spain, Vieira's stock remains highly valued and in demand.

Arsenal legend Tony Adams has claimed Vieira's physical style has led to burn-out and he doubts the Frenchman can remain at the top level for much longer.

Perhaps a move to the more technical, slower-paced matches in Italy and Spain would suit Vieira.

Immaculate distribution, ability to read the game and retain possession are the key requirements there.

And Vieira - at his best - has those attributes in abundance.

However, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger may consider now is the time to replace his talismanic figure with a younger, faster, stronger version.

Maybe Wenger already has, in the shape of new signing - and highly-rated Belarus international - Alexander Hleb.

But there is no doubting Vieira's quality. When he is at the top of his game he is simply majestic.

His 6ft 3in frame cuts an intimidating figure, and his steely determination, matched by his vision and considerable skill has struck fear into the hearts of his opponents and lifted his team-mates.

But time waits for no man, and Vieira's may be up as Arsenal's fulcrum.

It remains to be seen whether he can recapture his former glories - and if the answer will come in Italy, Spain or England.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)