Official:No 2 years ban for Roma (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I know that maybe that's the wrong place to write that but we are limked with Roma's players.VCD announced that they decided to agree with Roma's second appeal against the ban.So now we can buy one of Mancini,Cassano and maybe Chivou(a dream)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I think they should lift the ban so we can sign Cassano. Then once we have him, and Roma have registered whatever players we give them, FIFA should put the ban in place once again. Just to piss off Nicole.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Roma have announced that they have won their appeal against the FIFA ruling that prevented them from registering new players.

The appeal was heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport over a ban imposed following a dispute over the signing of Philippe Mexes from Auxerre last year.

The decision now means that new signings Samuel Kuffour, Rodrigo Taddei and Shabani Nonda can be registered ahead of the start of the season.

FIFA imposed a year long ban in July which stopped them registering any new players after Auxerre demanded compensation for the loss of Mexes.

It was also ruled that the Ligue 1 outfit should be compensated to the tune of €8m for the breach of contract.

The acceptance of the appeal comes as a surprise, considering that CAS had turned down Roma's first appeal last month.

It also puts further doubts over the future of striker Antonio Cassano.

The explosive Azzurri international is out of contract next summer and a contract extension is no closer to being agreed.

Prior to their transfer embargo, Roma had been expected to accept a player plus cash offer from Juventus for Cassano.

However, following their signing of Patrick Vieira it is not yet known whether the Bianconeri will make a renewed bid.

From Channel4

Goodbye to Mighty Mouse...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Its not exactly true that the ban has been lifted... It has only been temporarily raised whilst new evidence is taken into account...

"It is on the basis of these new elements, previously unknown to the tribunal, that the CAS has decided to grant the stay,'' CAS said in a statement. "The sanction is therefore temporarily lifted until the conclusion of the CAS proceedings in this matter.''

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Its not exactly true that the ban has been lifted... It has only been temporarily raised whilst new evidence is taken into account...

"It is on the basis of these new elements, previously unknown to the tribunal, that the CAS has decided to grant the stay,'' CAS said in a statement. "The sanction is therefore temporarily lifted until the conclusion of the CAS proceedings in this matter.''
Is there a time-line on that?

EDIT: Cheers Z. I didn't see that.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Is there a time-line on that?
When they read the statement out on the radio earlier... there was no mention of the next hearing etc... jus tha outcome of todays meeting... Who knows, but like z said i wouldnt have thought til after the window shuts

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I want Cassano. I want Chivu, Totti in the fantasy, but It wont happen, perhaps Cassano thought, who I like very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)