Official Fifa booklet: Rules of the game (1 Viewer)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
And thats why i think that Arsenal wont have any european succes this year. They are very compact at home, but when they play away games, they struggle.

I wonder how strong Milans or Juves defense would be in Highburry :D
:D:D:D

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

What, you mean the one that got penetrated a couple of times? :D
was it? :wallbang: anyway, you know what I meant:D

Interesting case about a rule. Some weeks ago, Anderlecht met La Louvière in the Belgian League. Walter Bassegio (anderlecht) unleashed a powerful volley, and the keeper (Proto) didn't move and watched as the ball went in his nets.

The problem is: the ball exploded while in the air. I didn't see i at first, but the replay showed it clearly: you can actually see the gas coming out of that ball, making a loud boom and changing the ball's direction. Afterwhile, there's a flat ball in the nets...

The La Louvière players complained, but the ref validadet the goal. Anderlecht won 2-1 (thx to a dubious penalty, but that's something else). The images were shown abroad (belgian football on foreign channels!?:eek:).

La Louvière complained to the belgian FA after the match, arguing the match should be replayed because that goal wasn't valid. I shecked the rules (thx Zlatan) and that's what I found.

I think the case is not decided yet.

What do you guys think of it?

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
LAW 2 – The Ball

Replacement of a Defective Ball
If the ball bursts or becomes defective during the course of a match:
- the match is stopped - the match is restarted by dropping the replacement ball at the place where the first ball became defective *
If the ball bursts or becomes defective whilst not in play at a kick-off, goal kick, corner kick, free kick, penalty kick or throw-in:
- the match is restarted accordingly

The ball may not be changed during the match without the authority of the referee.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it should've been disallowed.

as you said,the bursting of the ball clearly changed the direction of the ball and that no doubt played a part in the keeper not being able to save the shot.

Geof

May 14, 2004
well the trial has ended, and the goal has been allowed.

The reason was that the only evidence were images, and that is no legal evidence in that matter.

technically though, I think the ref should've disallowed the goal. But practically it's a different thing. Anyway, the legal discussion is over

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Fifa has scrapped the '10-yard' rule.

The rule, which moves play 10-yards towards the offending team's goal if players show dissent, has been used in English football for four seasons.

"It is a disappointing decision because while the law was not used a lot, it did have an impact on the behaviour of players," said Hackett.

"The referees over here found it acted as a deterrent."

He added: The problem, as I understand it, is the countries who do not have any familiarity with the concept couldn't get their heads around the process."

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Any chance of getting this in a non-PDF format? The computer with Adobe, has no printer. The one with the printer won't load it.:down:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #71
    Dont know mate. Cant you just reinstall Adobe on the computer where it wont load?

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Dont know mate. Cant you just reinstall Adobe on the computer where it wont load?
    It's the pharmacy one mate. Even though I own the place, the company I do my pharmacy softwear through won't let me add programs.:down:

The link I posted seems to be the same, though.:confused:

kenny122

Jan 13, 2012
    It is very detailed,thanks for the information

-----------------------------------------------------
    I wear formal dresses, little-black-dresses-
    I wear wedding apparel, flower-girl-dresses
    I wear bridesmaid dresses, classic bridesmaid dresses
    I wear wedding apparel, junior bridesmaid dresses.
    And I will do my little dance for you.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    wow didn't know one could score directly from a kick-off.
    Nice, will use that in small pitch games when the opponents expect the least :evil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)