Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (53 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What a player Modric is...i can see why Vlatko rates him so highly now..so assured and calm on the ball..Eduardo was very good too in the 60 mins he played in..i cant wait till he adapts..he's going to strike a deadly partnership with RVP...i was also impressed by Ilic,Petric and Srna.

I liked the way Bilic celebrated in the end..so charismatic..ou can tell his players actually like him, and not in a "I give the boss my vote of confidence" kind of way(McClaren)

To be honest i was disgusted by some of the english players approach to this game..especially Lampard who looked like he didnt give two shits about his country..he was clueless out there..Also the gap in quality between Englands first choice defenders and the backup ones are shocking...Campbell has become a terrible defender..Lescott is good for Everton but he is in no way good enough for England...Englands only above decent defenders are Rio and Terry..the rest are so awful it isnt even funny.

May 22, 2007
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..................
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB............

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't understand why so many people hate England.. I like the BBC, I like Beckham and I like both Defoe and Bent. Sure, I was rooting for Croatia as I wanted Russia to qualify, but why all the hate towards England?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't understand why so many people hate England.. I like the BBC, I like Beckham and I like both Defoe and Bent. Sure, I was rooting for Croatia as I wanted Russia to qualify, but why all the hate towards England?
It's the sheer arrogance of them as a nation.

Sep 19, 2006
I really dont know why I hate them that much but I just Do.
Actually, I dont hate any NT team as much as I hate England.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really dont know why I hate them that much but I just Do.
Actually, I dont hate any NT team as much as I hate England.
I'm quite fond of the English arrogance in the finals. It's lovely to see them get all hyped up on the BBC just before England crashed out. Somehow it's their arrogance that makes it all worthwhile IMO.

And Beckham of course, who is still a brilliant player.

Nonetheless, I'm very glad Russia qualified. Somehow I'm very fond of the Russians I know.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
What a player Modric is...i can see why Vlatko rates him so highly now..so assured and calm on the ball..Eduardo was very good too in the 60 mins he played in..i cant wait till he adapts..he's going to strike a deadly partnership with RVP...i was also impressed by Ilic,Petric and Srna.

I liked the way Bilic celebrated in the end..so charismatic..ou can tell his players actually like him, and not in a "I give the boss my vote of confidence" kind of way(McClaren)

To be honest i was disgusted by some of the english players approach to this game..especially Lampard who looked like he didnt give two shits about his country..he was clueless out there..Also the gap in quality between Englands first choice defenders and the backup ones are shocking...Campbell has become a terrible defender..Lescott is good for Everton but he is in no way good enough for England...Englands only above decent defenders are Rio and Terry..the rest are so awful it isnt even funny.
Campbell didn't do much wrong really, but i do agree the backup for England is very mediocre, the old guard of Beckham was the onyl real inspiration for England...also the 1st half England never came out like they wanted to win it...so many times the mentality that 1 point is enouigh has backfired

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't live next door to Italy.
True, but I understand your hate. I mean, it's almost natural for the Scottish and Irish to hate England, perhaps even for the Americans, but why does the whole world turn on them when things like these happen?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I don't live next door to Italy.
:rofl:

haha well this result has gone some way to at least restore some happiness after Scotland's elimination!

but i agree the sheer arrogance of the English and the way that we are forced to endyre it on almost every programme you watch prior to England entering a major tournament is the main reason I hate them. That and the fact that John Motson's voice cuts through me like a knife

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)