Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (67 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Serbia's Euro 2008 encounter with Kazakhstan has been postponed due to heavy snow in Belgrade...

Sadly we probably failed to qualify...Poland won...

But congratulations for all Turks,Croats and everyone else from other nations who qualified. :pint:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #435
    Congrats!

PS Is Tiago going to play for Portugal today?
    I don't think he is called up.
    Tiago should have been in there -- Portugal needed him. To Armenia's credit, they didn't play on their heels for the draw. They came out of the box and tried to create opportunities. Portugal was flat-footed about it and couldn't combine more than one or two decent passes before turning it over (I wondered if they thought the red jerseys were Portuguese by mistake after a while).

Miguel Veloso did a nice job in that role by the second half, but Maniche was worthless, Simão blew every chance he got, and it was Portugal's defenders, Boswinga and Meira, who had the best games.

It was cold in Leiria, but you couldn't tell if the fans in the stands were frozen stiff or bored stiff. It was one of the least inspirational victories I've ever seen from a club who played at home with their qualification hopes in the balance. Finland has a good shot at qualifying still.

i bloody well hope croatia are up for beating england still
    Nice try. But there's pretty much no chance of that now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)