Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (41 Viewers)

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
Portugal v Belgium
March 24, 2007
Euro 2008 Qualifying

Scolari announces the team most likely to play.

Ricardo;
Miguel, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira;
Petit, Tiago, Hugo Viana;
Quaresma, Hugo Almeida Cristiano Ronaldo.

www.abola.pt

Sick team, I'm happy to see Hugo Almeida starting, and Cristiano and Quaresma playing I think Quaresma should play on the left, and Ronaldo on the right, oh well we'll see!

Forca Portugal! :weee:

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #83
    Portugal v Belgium
    March 24, 2007
    Euro 2008 Qualifying

Ricardo;

www.abola.pt

Sick team, I'm happy to see Hugo Almeida starting, and Cristiano and Quaresma playing I think Quaresma should play on the left, and Ronaldo on the right, oh well we'll see!

Hmmm... I like his choice of the defensive line. And the offensive wing situation was always going to be the sickest in the world ... it's nice to see it finally taking root. But it looks like he's hoping that Viana and Almeida come up big, but they'd have to out of generally no where. I suppose when duty calls... Still, it's a real risk. A lot is riding on Viana and Almeida.

Portugal has to solve the up-front striker problem. Gomes can do it, but he's not as young as he used to be (and I'm guessing he's injured). When is Vaz Té going to develop?! :D

Jul 23, 2006
    England lack a leader - Berkovic
    England have lacked leadership since the axing of David Beckham, according to former Israel star Eyal Berkovic.
    Beckham has not played for his country since relinquishing the captaincy after the World Cup and ex-West Ham star Berkovic believes his absence is behind their recent struggles heading into tomorrow's crucial European Championship qualifier in Tel Aviv.

'He's their leader - there is no doubt about it,' Berkovic told BBC Sport.

'England have a lot of good players at the moment but they don't have a leader on the pitch.'

Beckham was rumoured to be in line for a recall until he picked up a knee injury playing for Real Madrid.

England have not won in their last four games and lost top spot in qualifying Group E after October's defeat in Croatia.

Berkovic believes manager Steve McClaren was wrong to omit Beckham from his squads upon taking over from Sven-Goran Eriksson.

'It was a big mistake to leave him out,' said Berkovic.

'Any England side will miss Beckham, he has been a big part of the team for the last 10 years.

'I think they miss his free-kicks and corners - they are the best in the world and in modern football it is very important to have a player like that on the pitch.

'Every time he gets the ball, something is likely to happen.'

Berkovic, who will be honoured on the pitch tomorrow to mark his retirement from football, believes Israel are capable of causing an upset.

'Both teams are not in good shape at the moment,' he said. 'Both didn't win their last game.

'England have some suspensions and injuries and they cannot find the right team at the moment.

'Israel are at home so they have a chance to beat England. And Israel know they must win the game because, if they don't, it is all over for them.'

Berkovic believes England's failure to score in three of their last four games proves they have problems up front.

He said: 'In the English team, I think the weakness is in attack. Since Alan Shearer and Michael Owen, they haven't found a striker that will score on a regular basis.

'Wayne Rooney needs support in attack and at the moment they cannot find it.

'Tal Ben Haim has made a big improvement and he is a key man in the defence for Israel.

'There will be no problem for him despite what happened last Saturday when he played for Bolton against Rooney and Rooney was man-of-the-match.

'This is a different game and Rooney is now playing for England, not Manchester United. Tal will be a key man and he will be okay.

'Defensively, England will miss Ashley Cole but in Rio Ferdinand and John Terry they have the perfect pair. Every national team in the world would be happy with this pair.'

Israel have suspension and injury problems of their own, with Bolton midfielder Idan Tal, as well as striker Roberto Colautti and midfielder Yaniv Katan all banned.

West Ham's Yossi Benayoun (knee) is an injury doubt but is expected to captain the side tomorrow.

Berkovic said: 'Yossi Benayoun is the leader - when he plays good the team play good, but when he is not at his best the team struggles.

'In the last few games, he has come to Israel injured and I'm not sure about this time.

'After Yossi, Idan Tal is the main key in midfield and Israel will miss him.'

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
    Portugal v Belgium
    March 24, 2007
    Euro 2008 Qualifying

Ricardo;

www.abola.pt

Hugo will play from the beginning. AWESOME!!!

He's on a wave at the moment. Hope he'll score. I liked him from his first games for Werder...

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
    The big match tonight is Spain versus Denmark at Bernabeu (22:00). I must admit Spain are favourites because they desperately have to win. But I hope my country can surprise and get away with points. Maybe strike them on the counterattack.

Kom så, Danmark!! :heart2:

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    scores ATM

Group B
    scotland 1-1 georgia
    Faroe Islandes 0 : 2 Ukraine

Group D

Ireland 1 : 0 Wales

Group G

Albania 0 : 0 Slovenia
    Luxembourg 0 : 0 Belarus

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
    Wat do u think of the Czech-Germany game Alltagsheld ?
    It will be a very difficult game since many players are missing or tired in the German team. But I'm still confident that Germnay will win, after all Czech is pretty overrated IMO. The only really good Czechs are Cech and Rosicky (what a pun:toast: ). Perhaps a 3-1.

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
    Hmmm... I like his choice of the defensive line. And the offensive wing situation was always going to be the sickest in the world ... it's nice to see it finally taking root. But it looks like he's hoping that Viana and Almeida come up big, but they'd have to out of generally no where. I suppose when duty calls... Still, it's a real risk. A lot is riding on Viana and Almeida.

Portugal has to solve the up-front striker problem. Gomes can do it, but he's not as young as he used to be (and I'm guessing he's injured). When is Vaz Té going to develop?! :D
    He is not injured, he sucks, he should retire now before complete humiliation, he scores goals if it's given to him, he can't do anything he has no ability whatsoever he's just hogging up a striker spot on Benfica and Portugal NT, i'm so happy Scolari has a brain not to play Nuno Gomes on the first 11, and for that I like him!

Vaz Te isn't the only potential striker we have, Portugal has Yannick Djalo, Ivanildo, and Bruno Gama.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
    This was an excellent performance by Turkey, too bad I made a thread in the Misc football because I didn't see this thread. Anyway this is a great feeling :D

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Shame on my countrys ethnicists!They destroyed the match with their behavior.Those people have nothing to do in their lifes and try to find enemies everywhere...
    Oh and in football terms Turkey were way better.Congratulations to them.Terim did a great job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)