Official Euro 2008 Qualifier Thread (83 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Badass Devil said:
im not surprised, macedonia are no walk over, with players like pandev, they are a team to be respected, afterall this is not the first time macedonia gave england a scare, 4 yrs ago they drew 1-1
i remember that well, wasn't it that guy from west brom scored froma corner :D :pint:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Tbh Ahmed, like I said earlier, they never seem to impress, atleast not me. Winning 0-1 to Macedonia and drawing in their home also against Macedonia is something to laugh about.

you r right rab, a 1-0 victory is not really what u would expect from england and now a draw i think they r having massive problems now. i thought things would be better now that eirkisson is out but apparently they are'nt at all.

as for the fifa rankings they r nothing valuable if u ask me i dont think they reflect alot.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i'm watching the highlights now and england was no where from good, they wasted alot of chances and macedonia almost scored.

wales had there heaviest home defeat in 40 years i must say it was harsh.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah very harsh.

am watching the France game. And France hit the post and had two disallowed goals , a legitimite overhead kick by Trezi and an offside by Viera.And thats all in the 1st half.
Boumsong is doing very well, cant say the same abt Thuram

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
sateeh said:
yeah very harsh.

am watching the France game. And France hit the post and had two disallowed goals , a legitimite overhead kick by Trezi and an offside by Viera.And thats all in the 1st half.
Boumsong is doing very well, cant say the same abt Thuram

i'm glad to hear that about boumsong cos he still frightens me i think he just needed time to get used to our system of play at juventus. as for thurum i dont really care if he does well or not let him enjoy his stay at barca.

Falafel

Shawarma
Jul 23, 2006
Bisco said:
i'm watching the highlights now and england was no where from good, they wasted alot of chances and macedonia almost scored.

heaviest home defeat since 1908

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Bisco said:

i heard it was the heaviest for nearly a century

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Domench is just an idiot.The most time when he needed Trezi, he took him.The time when he needed someone to finish upfront and go for the headers, he took him off! well great work dumbass

anyway the Scots played with a big heart and earnt the win.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
juventus710 said:
i h8 jsc, good thing they get juve matches

same here!!!! i cant stand that guy who presents the summary of the italian league with maldini's dad ( i hope u know the guy) he is such a snob and loves inter like anything thats why i hate watchinghis show. on the plus side they show juve games. i should be getting it tomorrow as soon as i am done with uni so i can watch juve games.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
the rest of the scores for tonights games are as follows:

Serbia - Belgium 0-0
Italy - Ukraine 2-0
Hungary - Turkey 0-1
Greece - Norway 0-0
Croatia - Andorra 1-0
Denmark - N. Ireland 0-0
Latvia - Iceland 3-0
Romania - Belarus 2-1
Bulgaria - Netherlands 0-0
Slovenia - Luxembourg 0-0

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Sweden beat Spain today in an amazing 2-0 win. It's not that we totaly owned them, cause we didn't. But it felt like we were in controll from the eleventh minute when Elmander score the first goal til the end. But there was a turn point right in the 80th minute. Spain had a corner in the 80th minute and Puyol heads it right past Rami Shabaan (got to love that name :D) but Linderoth saves it line dancing. Counter attack. Edman -> Källström -> Wilhelmsson -> Allbäck, rounds the keeper, and Puyol who ran home in an heroic matter across the pitch, and scores in an empty net.

Anyways, that was the match report. :D

There was a couple hot subjects today. How would Rami do in goal in Isakssons absence? How will Sweden do without Zlatan? Lagerbäck fielded Svensson, ones again, before Källström who is now a starter at one of the best club in the world. Will Ljungberg step up to the challenge now when Zlatan and Henke is away as a captain?

1. Rami will get A LOT of praise for what he did today. Even though all of his saves pretty much were share luck. They shot right at him, the ball hit he's hands bounced the ground and over the bar etc. Pure luck of straws. Isakssons position in the NT is not under any threat.

2. The poll on Aftonbladet.se says it all; Do you miss Zlatan?
Yes: 16.9%
No 35.1%
Who is Zlatan? 48% ;)

If Elmander continues as this Zlatan will have problems getting a starting pos for Sweden.

3. He is getting away with it this time. :p Even though Källström were great in every thing he did when he came on. He even did a few running successful dribbles that we're not to spoiled with from him. And to be honest if you are a starter at Lyon you should start for Sweden. But Svensson did good today, I'll give him that.

4. Didn't step up at all. Hansson, Allbäck and Svensson were the real heroes on the pitch.

I know the 1,2,3,4 thing is dull, but I'm tooo tired to think and write. You can only get on or the other at this state. :p

Goals if anyone are interested, can see if I can find Elmanders pearl on the bar as well later on.

1-0
2-0

Props to Tacchi79.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I was shocked that Kim was sidelined but the work that Svensson did was amazing. Hansson was really a great defender and it is about time that Teddy is not starting.

I agree about Ljungberg, he is not a team captain and I think Olof should get the badge.

Why would one place Zlatan when the team is playing so smartly and efficietly without him. Well done Allbäck, I always thought he was inefficient but I was impressed with his choices tonight.

Sweden did not dominate, Spain had the possession but Sweden played football where Spain danced with the ball.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
For ones I agree on the Zlatan part. :D

But then again, it will always be like this. Sweden wins without Zlatan, Zlatan is not needed. Sweden wins with Zlatan, we can't win without him... But as the guys Allbäck and Elmander showed today they can be more useful then our golden boy.

Today, Sweden played trademark Swedish football. And damn good too. I know its early but damn if we can keep this up I'd be so proud of this nation.

On the Kim part, I think it's bullshit fielding an Elfsborg player ahead of a Lyon player. Even if Svensson "suits the game better". Next time Lagerbäck thinks he does do so, and he doesn't, I hope the press really fasten the snare around his neck. But as you said, he did good. This time.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Obviously the best player should start on each position. Our current best strikers are Elmander and Allbäck. Zlatan can sit on the bench, I'd rather have him there than Berglund.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Jeeks said:
I was shocked that Kim was sidelined but the work that Svensson did was amazing. Hansson was really a great defender and it is about time that Teddy is not starting.

I agree about Ljungberg, he is not a team captain and I think Olof should get the badge.

Why would one place Zlatan when the team is playing so smartly and efficietly without him. Well done Allbäck, I always thought he was inefficient but I was impressed with his choices tonight.

Sweden did not dominate, Spain had the possession but Sweden played football where Spain danced with the ball.
That's the kind of stuff I like! Wish I could have seen it. Well done Sweden and Well done Lars Lagerbäck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 83)