Official: Cristian Molinaro to Juve (2 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
and sent to Siena (co-ownership) :D

We took him on a free from Salernitana and guess what? another left back. :eek:

EDIT 2007:

Molinaro in, Balzaretti out
Wednesday 20 June, 2007
Juventus have secured the full ownership of left-back Cristian Molinaro and completed the sale of Federico Balzaretti to Fiorentina.

Molinaro, who was at Siena in a co-ownership deal, enjoyed an excellent season and was a reported summer target for Roma.

The 23-year-old, who started his career with Salernitana, joined the Tuscan outfit in 2005 via Juve and scored one goal in 56 Serie A appearances during his time at the Franchi.

Balzaretti (pictured) will instead move to Fiorentina after making it clear that he was keen on leaving the Old Lady since he was told that his services were no longer needed.

The 25-year-old, who joined Juve from Torino in 2005 after the Granata’s bankruptcy and scored two goals in Serie B last season, has signed a four-year contract with the Gigliati.

The news was confirmed by both outfits and although no financial details were revealed, Juve will profit from the player’s departure seeing as he had arrived on a free transfer.

Juve defender Robert Kovac was also expected to leave to join Dynamo Zagreb, but the move has collapsed because of the player’s wage demands.

“Seeing as the transfer did not take place, I will stay at Juve,” declared the 33-year-old, who still has two years left on his contract with the Bianconeri.

2.5m € is a very good deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    just know that he's a LB born in 1983 and scored one goal last year....he's supposed to be good.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    I think Moggi is just making some investment transfers.. The players we buy might be needed in the future to make some money...it is after all on a free transfer.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    We are up to our ears in left backs. Zambrotta, Chiellini, Pessotto, Birindelli, that guy we signed from Torino and now Molinaro. How many do we need?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Chiellini is probably heading out. Biri and Pesotto wont be here for more than another season, in that time hopefully one of Balzaretti or Molinaro would've shone.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    Poeple. poeple relax... Molinario is going to play for Siena on loan so whats the big deal?!!

I think is a good move from Moggi, I mean Pessoto and Birindelli are in their lasts seasons, I give them one or two more, we need young guns to replace them, and if they are italian even better.

Why bringing foreginers players to replace Pessoto and Biri? when the positions that need to be copver (when they are gone) are "substitutes" positions, not staring positions...

Another thing that you all are missing is that Balzaretti can play both wings, rigth and left, and I believe that IF he stays he will be use in the rigth.

Like I said, not big deal, good singing by Moggi.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    I really hope Chiellini doesn't leave. He's the youngest of all our left backs and has good experience in Serie A. Plus he's a good player for his age :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    I really hope Chiellini doesn't leave. He's the youngest of all our left backs and has good experience in Serie A. Plus he's a good player for his age :)
    Well said. I keep hearing the rumors, but hoping they're not true. :down:

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
    Chiellini is going to be wanting playing time this season - something which he will struggle with at Juve.Especially with the world cup next summer. I know the chances for a first team slot (at Juve + World Cup) are remote, but as long as Zamrotta sustains no injurys (this is all hypothetical-im not a psychic/clairevoiant :down:) i'd be quite happy to let him go on loan/co-ownership.Since we have Pessoto,Biri (back at New year) and Balzaretti as options for left back.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sumo_Basho ] ++
    Chiellini is going to be wanting playing time this season - something which he will struggle with at Juve.Especially with the world cup next summer. I know the chances for a first team slot (at Juve + World Cup) are remote, but as long as Zamrotta sustains no injurys (this is all hypothetical-im not a psychic/clairevoiant :down:) i'd be quite happy to let him go on loan/co-ownership.Since we have Pessoto,Biri (back at New year) and Balzaretti as options for left back.
    I do like the loan option here too. He will improve with experience too. I just hope that we don't squander a young talent like his that could soon be starter material for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)