Official Cricket thread (4 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
That's just not true. I think limiting to 220-230 was very possible had the fielding been sharper and had Gul performed. I have no doubt of this. That would have been a lot easier to chase for us given the lack of pure batsmen in our team.
Too much hypothesing Ze. Coz in the same vein, had a couple of Indian bats come good at the death that score would've rocketed to 340 given the start they got. The point is, any team brings it's own temperament on the day, and I don't think it has anything to do with pak's quality in the batting department. It was just that the pressure got to them on the occasion as it does to other teams. Point being, they had enough quality to get what was posted but they folded. It wouldn't have been any easier chasing twenty runs less.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
OmG. WHAT A FUCKING GAME. WORLD CHAMPIONS BABY. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS. WHAT A RECOVERY FROM THE POOR START. WHAT AN INNINGS BY GAMBHIR AND DHONI. WHAT A WAY TO FINISH A MATCH WITH A SIX. WHAT SCENES ON THE STREETS. WHAT A VISUAL TO SEE SACHIN BEING LIFTED BEFORE THE CUP, AND THEN SEEING HIM LIFT THE CUP. FUCKING AMAZING.

FORZA INDIA. WORLD CHAMPIONSSSSS BABY. FUCKKKKKK YEAH!!

PS: Gary Kirsten deserves an Indian passport. Coz he certainly ain't no choker :p Sorry in advance, Byro :D:p

Apr 15, 2006
╗╗╗╔╗╔╗░╦░╦╗░╔╗╗╔╔╗╔╦╗╦╗╦╔╗╦╗╔╔╗
║║║║║╠╩╗║░║║░║░╠╣╠╣║║║╠╝║║║║║║╚╗
╚╩╝╚╝╝░╚╚╝╩╝░╚╝╝╝╝╩╝╝╝╩░╩╚╝╝╚╩╚╝

Dec 31, 2008
I have never seen the people here going crazy like this. Yesterday midnight we were drinking with the police and dancing in the middle of the city. Today i saw atleast 25 bike rally's with flags and music. This place has gone mad.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What a feeling. Thanks for all the wishes guys. Honestly, the best team won. We had our task cut out, and really rose to the occasion when it mattered. Respect to Dhoni and Gary.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
First off, congrats to the Indians. Well done :tup:

Too much hypothesing Ze. Coz in the same vein, had a couple of Indian bats come good at the death that score would've rocketed to 340 given the start they got. The point is, any team brings it's own temperament on the day, and I don't think it has anything to do with pak's quality in the batting department. It was just that the pressure got to them on the occasion as it does to other teams. Point being, they had enough quality to get what was posted but they folded. It wouldn't have been any easier chasing twenty runs less.
That pitch favored batsmen; a department in which you were clearly the better side as shown. On the other hand you underestimated the Pakistani bowling. You actually went contrary to what all the experts including the commentators (ex cricketers mind you) were saying which is that with India's quality of batsmen and the condition of the pitch that they should have put up a higher total. When the run rate started dropping and it was obvious that unless there were a really high scoring in the last 5 overs that the score would be around 250-260. You then claimed that that in fact is what the pitch is good for. Which is not true at all. Give credit where credit's due.

We gave you a match, in the end it was our batsmen who failed to deliver but not due to pressure as that is something that both sides get in Pak v India games but because our batsmen were no match to the experienced batsmen India possesses and everyone knows Pakistan is a very very unpredictable side. Obviously I'm not saying no one bucked under the pressure but I don't believe the entire team buckled due to it.

Oh yeah... who's your daddy, Pakistan?!
You defeated Sri Lanka in the final and I believe you played 6 other nations before that. What's with the unnecessary taunt?

But since you asked: Pak has defeated India 81 times /181 total (all forms of the game) & India's won 58x ;)

1.2 billion Indians couldn't produce 11 players to defeat Pakistan on 81 occasions. That says something :excited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)