Official Cricket thread (38 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Common Byrrrrrrrrrrrroooo! For old times sake. For all the bhenchod madarchods of the world. We'll take all the support we can get. :D
You guys have more than enough support, i need to back up the Sri Lanka homies.:p

we were better, made Tendulkar looked like a clown.

the pressure got to us, Indians were only better in fielding.
Sour grapes kaffir?

I like India, but forza Sri Lanka!
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Its just they are one of the teams that you cannot like...plus the last time i took cricket seriously was when i was 11 and SL beat india in a world cup semifinal

The kid inside me wants revenge :D

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I am proud of this Pakistan team. With all the turmoil in Pakistan, the problems with terrorism etc, and the team having to play all their matches away and the suspension of arguably the best pace bowling pair in the world it is amazing we still had a cohesive unit out there that made it so far in the competition. No one had us getting far in this tournament. I remember one expert saying we wouldn't a whiff of the final in Mumbai.

In the end the India game was ours to lose. We limited their mighty batting line up despite our main pace bowler not showing up when it mattered the most. Gul must be pissed at himself and hopefully will remember that day the next time we meet. In the end it was thanks to an inexperienced young Riaz that we managed to limit the Indian innings. It was always going to be our bowling that gave India a competition as our batting line up just isn't the same with the retirement of former greats. While the Indians still have a lot of the same faces from 10 years ago, except they're now very experienced and considered among the best in the world.

Had Gul performed and our fielding been as sharp as seen when we played Australia and the West Indies we could have limited the score even more and I'm confident we could have won this game. In the end it wasn't an easy game for India as their pundits and media experts had predicted.

All in all I'm very proud of my team. Despite all the hardships we're among the top 4 teams in the world. The best thing is we seem to produce an endless amount of cricketing talent, it's like an endless pit. If we can find a couple of more Muhammad Hafiz's our team will complete and capable of both setting and chasing.

PS: On a side note. Next time the Indians visit Pakistan I hope we show them better hospitality than the one we received from their media. The amount of mind games they played was abhorring. Some coined this game as Kasab v India & others saying it wasn't much of a heated contest anymore because India is such a superior country, etc. That's just low.

Mind you the Indian people showed plenty of hospitality. In fact when an uncle of mine wanted go to Mohali and there were no places to stay it was an old Sikh friend of his that arranged a place for him and his friend to stay at.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
PS: On a side note. Next time the Indians visit Pakistan I hope we show them better hospitality than the one we received from their media. The amount of mind games they played was abhorring. Some coined this game as Kasab v India & others saying it wasn't much of a heated contest anymore because India is such a superior country, etc. That's just low.

Mind you the Indian people showed plenty of hospitality. In fact when an uncle of mine wanted go to Mohali and there were no places to stay it was an old Sikh friend of his that arranged a place for him and his friend to stay at.
Lol, really? never read anything here. Have any links or specifics? Pretty sad, if true.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I am proud of this Pakistan team. With all the turmoil in Pakistan, the problems with terrorism etc, and the team having to play all their matches away and the suspension of arguably the best pace bowling pair in the world it is amazing we still had a cohesive unit out there that made it so far in the competition. No one had us getting far in this tournament. I remember one expert saying we wouldn't a whiff of the final in Mumbai.

In the end the India game was ours to lose. We limited their mighty batting line up despite our main pace bowler not showing up when it mattered the most. Gul must be pissed at himself and hopefully will remember that day the next time we meet. In the end it was thanks to an inexperienced young Riaz that we managed to limit the Indian innings. It was always going to be our bowling that gave India a competition as our batting line up just isn't the same with the retirement of former greats. While the Indians still have a lot of the same faces from 10 years ago, except they're now very experienced and considered among the best in the world.

Had Gul performed and our fielding been as sharp as seen when we played Australia and the West Indies we could have limited the score even more and I'm confident we could have won this game. In the end it wasn't an easy game for India as their pundits and media experts had predicted.

All in all I'm very proud of my team. Despite all the hardships we're among the top 4 teams in the world. The best thing is we seem to produce an endless amount of cricketing talent, it's like an endless pit. If we can find a couple of more Muhammad Hafiz's our team will complete and capable of both setting and chasing.

Very well said Tahir, hats off for the pakistani team and afridi for finally getting the team together. I am always a fan of the pakistani team.

I dont really watch local media channels which make raki sawant's next husband story sound like china invading india....so i really havent come across the kind of hate you pointed out....but i do follow all of the leading newspapers {i have a lot of time to sit at work} and i dont think they were bitter towards the match....
But if that is true, its really sad.

All things aside,let go india and beat the shit outta SL

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Sour grapes kaffir?
no sour grapes.

we fucked up a lot in the field, but 260 was a gettable target.

disgraceful batting from the 2 most experienced players Younis and Misbah.

India were lucky they won the toss, would have folded under the same pressure and our much better bowlers.

Nehra, Bhajji, yuvi to match those three. And I haven't even gotten to Zaheer and Munaf.
do you only watch cricket when its a WC year?

pls don't compare Indian bowlers to Pakistan's.

ever.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
no sour grapes.

India were lucky they won the toss, would have folded under the same pressure and our much better bowlers.
Lucky? It's a one in two shot.:D I certainly do agree that your bowlers are by far superior to theirs thats for sure. Kinda weird that a choke expert has improved India's fielding & batting performances which has brought them to the final.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
no sour grapes.

ever.
That's the whole point,who was better in the match and not who is better on overall carrer performances.

India's bowlers have never ever been as good as pakistan,but in the semifinals indian bowlers were better than pakistan's bowlers...the better side always wins.

And ahmed man,stop with "pakistan were a better side" comments every time india beats pakistan :D .....it makes the pakistani team look like bunch or talented cricketers who always choke in big matches against india

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
WΏΏdy;2962797 said:
That's the whole point,who was better in the match and not who is better on overall carrer performances.

India's bowlers have never ever been as good as pakistan,but in the semifinals indian bowlers were better than pakistan's bowlers...the better side always wins.

And ahmed man,stop with "pakistan were a better side" comments every time india beats pakistan :D .....it makes the pakistani team look like bunch or talented cricketers who always choke in big matches against india
I beg your pardon but you mean the better performing side always wins, how many times has an inferior team beaten a superior team because they played as a cohesive unit?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I beg your pardon but you mean the better performing side always wins, how many times has an inferior team beaten a superior team because they played as a cohesive unit?
TBH, this indian team would beat this pakistani team at least 7 outta 10 times. I would be surprised if anyone denies that. How can u even compare these two teams? india is light years ahead right now....the only reason why there are comparisons is because indian batsmen choked.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
WΏΏdy;2962818 said:
TBH, this indian team would beat this pakistani team at least 7 outta 10 times. I would be surprised if anyone denies that. How can u even compare these two teams? india is light years ahead right now....the only reason why there are comparisons is because indian batsmen choked.
No, that's blatant rubbish Woody. Batting wise India is superior, bowling wise India doesn't even come close to Pakistan. That being said, the major difference was the fielding, Gary Kirsten has made huge improvements in the Indian team in regards to that. Pakistan were guilty of callous fielding during the WC & THAT proved to be their downfall IMO.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

ever.
You were talking about being the 'better team'. I'm assuming that was a reference to that particular match, which incase you didn't notice was a World Cup match. So before taking umbrage to the fact that your team was outplayed in at least two out of the three departments, look at those bowling stats. Might prevent you from sounding dazed, confused and intellectually innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)