Official Cricket thread (3 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
they have a technology called Snicko which picks up edges, and shows them on a graph, yet they don't use it in the Review system :sergio:

and another laughable thing about the system is that if technology can't prove conclusively if the batsman is our or not, then whatever decision made by the on-field umpire stands...this "umpire's benfit of the doubt" has already cost the West Indies a test match this year

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know. They used to use that on the cricket coverage on Channel 4, but I don't think SKY uses it.

What is the justification for using the heat-spot thing instead of Snicko? Snicko always seemed the best way of seeing if there had been an edge.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I know. They used to use that on the cricket coverage on Channel 4, but I don't think SKY uses it.

What is the justification for using the heat-spot thing instead of Snicko? Snicko always seemed the best way of seeing if there had been an edge.
apparently it's more conclusive, but in reality even the Hotspot does not pick up the feather edges

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #827
    60 something players were up for the auction today,to be selected in the IPL teams.11 were Pakistanis.That included players like Afridi,Umar Gul,Sohail Tanvir,Umar Akmal,Mohammad Amer etc.

These players had been put up for auction after months of stalling,and not even a single Pakistani player was selected.

I mean,seriously.Wtf?Afridi should have been the first one to find a IPL team.Umar Gul is arguably the most dangerous T20 bowler in the world,and then you get this,with some guy,the IPL commissioner or something going "Pakistan are not the only country that didnt get in.It's not a big deal"

No you asshole.We're the world champions,and have some of the best T20 players in the world.To have not even a SINGLE Pakistani player is shameful.So it IS a big deal.Not only is it shameful,but it's insulting to the players who were put up in the auction after months of not being considered.Everyone was sure that that Afridi would be the first that teams would come after.And i'm not just talking about Pakistanis.

Purely political decision.Morons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)