Official Cricket thread (31 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why do you need to debate up coming talent?

Just agree to meet back here in 2020 and you will be able to see who has the better talent coming through just now. :D

I wish I lived in a country that really cared about cricket.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Because Ahmed reminds me of Alfio87 smack talk deluxe & yet South Africa has had a 21 yr handicap & is still miles ahead in game play,player development & overall depth.

You can always pretend to be english Andrew.:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Or Scotland could become a Test playing nation.

Both are similarly unlikely.

Also, England doesn't really care about cricket in the way the Pakistan, India, Australia, Windies, SA care about cricket.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Sure but they enjoy reminding everybody that they invented the game & brought it to our shores.The only reason they dont care much for it is becuase they cant stand the fact the the adoptive nations are miles ahead of them & better than them in every single aspect of the game.

Why would they need to pinch a dutchman like kevin pieterson?:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So why haven't the English given up on football? :D

Pieterson is overrated.

Take today: he makes 30 off about 15 balls easy as you like, but that isn't enough to satisfy his ego so he tries a ridiculous hook shot a gets himself out.

Idiot.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Its easier to fall asleep during a test match than during a football match.Why else do they sing all the time? Not only to take a shot at the opponent team but to stay awake.:D

Indeed he is & thats why he choose england because HE'S NOT SOUTH AFRICAN MATERIAL!:D Anyway he's like a normal kid laying cricket with a bunch of kids with down syndrome,he's bound to be the best!

Actually Herschelle Gibbs is guilty of that quite often but the again he's the big hitter & its usually either Smith or Kallis that would be expected to bat through the entire innings.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
SA also have other big hitters.

England's batting line up is weak. One big hitter and no-one they can rely on to bat for most of an innings.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
So why haven't the English given up on football? :D

Pieterson is overrated.

Take today: he makes 30 off about 15 balls easy as you like, but that isn't enough to satisfy his ego so he tries a ridiculous hook shot a gets himself out.

Idiot.
:agree: that shot really pissed me off...him and Bopara were picking off the Windies bowlers for 4s, yet he had to play an absolutely retarded shot to lose the momentum...and that too to a part-time bowler

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Stupidity annoys me in most sports, most of the time.

I make an exception when it fucks over certain teams, though.

For instance, I was practically rolling around the floor laughing at the last over of England v Holland.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #613
    You know I just love how everyone give South Africa this choker title considering this team was banned from international cricket from the 1970's & only reinstated in 1991.Now considering the calibre of our players & the constant talent we produce not much should be expected from the team but they are just that damn good.

Now for any other team not to produce more is plain bs because you guys have had plenty international exposure.So carry on with the choker title,records are meant to be broken.:D
    Ofcourse South Africa are a brilliant team.Easily the best team to have not won the worldcup,and a team that is up there as the favourites virtually everytime.

But they choke.I really cant see how you can defend the team here.Yes,they've won some great matches over the year,produced brilliant players,been the only team that could look Australia in the eye..but World Cups..and South Africa just done cut it.Sometimes its bad luck,sometimes its choking..but it's there.You cant deny it.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Ofcourse South Africa are a brilliant team.Easily the best team to have not won the worldcup,and a team that is up there as the favourites virtually everytime.

But they choke.I really cant see how you can defend the team here.Yes,they've won some great matches over the year,produced brilliant players,been the only team that could look Australia in the eye..but World Cups..and South Africa just done cut it.Sometimes its bad luck,sometimes its choking..but it's there.You cant deny it.
    No im not deny it but honestly i think its harsh.As ive pointed out to Ahmed,this team is still growing,considering the boys have only been back in the international fold for 18 yrs i would say they have exceeded expectations by light years.Back in 1991 i would never have thought our boys could be at this level,so with exceeding expectations domestically its expected internationally.

Things will change & very soon i suspect.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    We've gotten enough wins now, it'd be too good to be true if we won again especially against an unbeaten South Africa who somehow managed to defend a very meager total today.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    We've gotten enough wins now, it'd be too good to be true if we won again especially against an unbeaten South Africa who somehow managed to defend a very meager total today.
    Well anything is possible,honestly if Pakistan can rip through our top order than they can defintely do it considering the rest of our batsmen havent had to bat that much & are quite rusty.

On a bowling & fielding point of view they are absolutely sublime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)