OFFICIAL: Christian Poulsen to Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It makes zero sense that Zanetti is on his way out because him and Poulsen are exactly the same type of quality, and Poulsen would cost around 10m euro, so we cant make profit on selling Zanetti because we wont get more then that.

Even weirder of Marchisio is on his way out because Gigli has said every single week out vital the youngsters coming back are, usually it can be bullshit, but he has empasized clearly so often that all 3 will be there next season.

Lets just hope this rumour is totally fabricated. Because I cant stand the third option of being instead of Xabi. I very much doubt it to be so too.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
SKY gave Vieri to Juve as OFFICIAL 2 years ago.

If he does really come here it's not to be a starter like SKY said but to be Momo's sub and Zanetti or Marchisio would leave. No reason to do that unless we get a good winger and we'd lose a player in Juve's youth system for the CL if it was Claudio leaving.

Poulsen's contract ends next summer so he won't go for 10m €. If he was linked to Inter or Milan the media would say he'll join on a free with the last year of contract rule.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
What if Poulsen is an indirect replacement for say, Marchionni or Iaquinta? Ranieri might just be scared that what happened to us in midfield the past season happens again. In case Marchisio doesn't cut it, Xabi doesn't settle or if he wants to play another formation and wants alternatives.

The other option could be that instead of getting a creative central midfielder, we're getting someone in the vdV mould that would require extra protection in midfield.

I might be optimistic, but I just can't see our board considering Poulsen and alternative to Xabi. They've made some bad signings in the past, but they were all player types that we needed.

We wanted creative midfielders and we got Almirón and Tiago, who didn't have the quality but were the player types we needed.

We needed another destructive midfielder as a Zanetti alternative and we got Nocerino. Showed a lot of promise, didn't work out.

We needed a loyal 3rd choice striker, we bought Iaquinta.

We needed an experienced centre back and got Andrade.

We needed left back cover and got Molinaro, but he became first choice thanks to Andrade's injury.

As you can see, we got the right type of player, but not always the right player.

If our management is consistent, we won't be getting Poulsen instead of Alonso. We might get an inferior deep lying playmaker such as Cigarini if the Alonso deal fails, though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It doesnt make sense they would have that fear you describe of our 4 CMs/DMs not being enough, and a 5th DM being backup for wingers or strikers.

Actually, under no circusmtances (other then a midfielder leaving) does signing Poulsen make sense. As you already explained in a way. Its a bogus rumour.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Tbh, the guy is a brilliant destroyer.
I don't want him in Juve, though. I don't want him at all :(
Plus, we really don't need a destroyer.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I'd even prefer Stankovic over Poulsen. I wouldn't put Poulsen ahead of Sissoko or Zanetti in midfield. Stankovic wouldn't be a starter either, but atleast he can cover more positions in midfield and is a more needed back-up then someone who's a pure DM.

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
I prefer Alonso but it seems that the board is gonna give tiago another chance. The reason for this is because if they sell him now they are gonna lose alot of money. I think the last ofer for him was around 7m... Ranieri on juve channel he said he liked stankovic very much but i don't see him coming because of alot of reasons. Fans don't want him and it would take him alot of time to settle since he would be coming from Inter. I mean the fans will give him alot of shit so i don't think the board want this. Well i see Poulsen an option because Ranieri said that this year he will play more with a 4-3-3 formation. He is a beast in midfield but i still want Alonso because i see Tiago will flop again this year and we need more creativity in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)