OFFICIAL: Christian Poulsen to Juve (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
I doubt there is a Juve fan who wants us to buy Poulsen at this moment (or at any moment) but you guys have to admit that Poulsen-Sissoko will be frustrating duo for the opponents.
They cover so much space and they're both great tacklers. Very aggressive and great marking. There will be times when our opponents won't be able to pass the midfield unless they use long balls all the time.

But it will be much more frustrating for us the Juve fans when we'll watch our team suffer, trying to create anything.
so true. our biggest problem was the lack of creativity in centre of the midfield, our wise directors recognized this and they are signing ......... POULSEN, unbelievable!!!

our most important "signings" will be Marchisio, De Ceglie and Seba. We are no stronger than a year ago.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
sorry guys didnt know you's felt this way about goal.com i posted it just to show an example of the type of shitty players Juve are being linked to. Goal.com isnt always wrong maybe 90percent of the time they are wrong but then there is still the chance this could be true and its pissing me off.
And its not just goal saying that...But then again, goal poaches other peeps news

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
I doubt there is a Juve fan who wants us to buy Poulsen at this moment (or at any moment) but you guys have to admit that Poulsen-Sissoko will be frustrating duo for the opponents.

You're wrong, I would like to see Poulsen at Juve.:cool:

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
They cover so much space and they're both great tacklers. Very aggressive and great marking. There will be times when our opponents won't be able to pass the midfield unless they use long balls all the time.

But it will be much more frustrating for us the Juve fans when we'll watch our team suffer, trying to create anything.
I think this duo would miss a lot of games. One of the two will be suspended every 3 games or so :D.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I don't mind that scenario unless we have top notch creative players in front of them

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
yeah, midfield destroyers are really useful esspecaily in the C.L where the passing in triangles game is mostly used. The only thing is which alen correctly pointed out is that we would be counter productive.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't mind that scenario unless we have top notch creative players in front of them
I doubt anyone would mind Poulsen if we buy Xabi Alonso, left back and a good MR for the bench or ,as you said, if we have players in front of them who can rape the defenses (players like Kaka, Diego).

The problem is we don't and we'll have the good old 4-4-2 where stopping Camoranesi will mean that we're fucked and we'll have to hope Mellberg is as good as Robert Kovac in sending long balls to Trezeguet. :)

And Marko, you seriously want Poulsen to be the new midfielder ?
I think he's among the best in the world in his job (DMC with stricktly defensive job) and he's underrated by many, but we don't need him and we do need a creative CM.
It's similar to buying Frey (one of the better goalkeepers in Europe) and not buying a LB because we splashed our money on a good player we don't need at all.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
The headlines:
Juve on Verge of Signing Poulsen
Quaresma to Inter by Friday

How the mighty have fallen. Why oh why are we targeting a defensive midfielder.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
If Juve can't secure a real upgrade... don't bother wasting the money on a guy like Poulsen, who is at best, a Zanetti-type and typically, another Blasi. That's not what the team needs. The team needs a complete CM capable of offense, defense and possession football.

I'd rather go forward with Sissoko, Marchisio, Zanetti and Tiago than those three and Poulsen.

Use some of that money for a top echelon wingback and try again for real alternatives when they come up.

Personally, I think Alonso is still going to happen, just not for another week or two, until the Barry transfer is tied down.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
I doubt anyone would mind Poulsen if we buy Xabi Alonso, left back and a good MR for the bench or ,as you said, if we have players in front of them who can rape the defenses (players like Kaka, Diego).

The problem is we don't and we'll have the good old 4-4-2 where stopping Camoranesi will mean that we're fucked and we'll have to hope Mellberg is as good as Robert Kovac in sending long balls to Trezeguet. :)

And Marko, you seriously want Poulsen to be the new midfielder ?
I think he's among the best in the world in his job (DMC with stricktly defensive job) and he's underrated by many, but we don't need him and we do need a creative CM.
It's similar to buying Frey (one of the better goalkeepers in Europe) and not buying a LB because we splashed our money on a good player we don't need at all.
Not as a 2nd defensive midfielder in 4-4-2, that's for sure. We saw in the past that Nedved & Camoranesi wasn't enough. But as substitute for Sissoko he would be great. Although Sissoko is very strong there's no player that can stand playing whole 90 minutes two times a week. Also, depending on the opponent or situation on the pitch he could play alongside Sissoko to strenghten our defense even more.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
so you think only a playmaker gives a team creativity
I hope we get Xabi as he would give us creativity plus he helps out defensively as well so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)