Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
are they going to let Pirlo's last game on the Azzurri be a loss?????? They better wake the hell up and win Tuesday!

- - - Updated - - -

forget this loss... what really bugs me about this Italy team and Juventus is our CBs. Both Barza and Chiellini are big physical players, they lack speed. To really become a top world class team, both Italy and Juve need a fast athletic CB like a Cannavaro. We were lucky not to concede a 2nd on the counter today.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
are they going to let Pirlo's last game on the Azzurri be a loss?????? They better wake the hell up and win Tuesday!

- - - Updated - - -

forget this loss... what really bugs me about this Italy team and Juventus is our CBs. Both Barza and Chiellini are big physical players, they lack speed. To really become a top world class team, both Italy and Juve need a fast athletic CB like a Cannavaro. We were lucky not to concede a 2nd on the counter today.
You could say they were lucky but Barza and Chiellini closed down players and blocked shots, so not sure how lucky they were.

Italy's CBs are literally the last thing Italy should be worried about IMO.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Buffon 6.5 - Prevented CRC from adding another one after good reading of the game in the 2nd half

Abate 4 - brainless hack
Barza 6.5 - pillar
Chiello 4 - horror showing
Darmian 5.5 - tried all game, but lacking end product. Not a LB.

Pirlo 6.5 - let down by his mates
DDR 5.5 - poor
Marchisio sv
Candreva 5 - waste of space
Tiago M - see Candreva

Balotelli 5 - doesn't give a fuck, spent more time quarelling with CRC players than participating in the game

Insigne 4 - awful
Cerci 5.5 - talentless
Cassano 4.5 - mediocre
Spot on.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Thats got to be THE WORST game I've ever watched. So many offsides its unbelievable. Not because it was against Costa Rica but the manner of the defeat. Totally poor from everyone.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Thats got to be THE WORST game I've ever watched. So many offsides its unbelievable. Not because it was against Costa Rica but the manner of the defeat. Totally poor from everyone.
It really was. None of the subs were ready to play today. No one on the team could run. Even Abate who is a brainless runner couldn't even brainlessly run. It's like they were poisoned or something. So awful.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It was nothing like Juve-Bayern games, wtf :lol:

And no it really had little in common with typical Juve game. Juve would typicaly win 1-0 games like this one.

@AlexJuventino maybe NFL is better match for your vast expertise, I'm sure you'd make more sense there. :p

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It was nothing like Juve-Bayern games, wtf :lol:

And no it really had little in common with typical Juve game. Juve would typicaly win 1-0 games like this one.

@AlexJuventino maybe NFL is better match for your vast expertise, I'm sure you'd make more sense there. :p
Lol yeah, I don't get the Juve example.

Italy looked like a fucking relegated Serie A team out there. Especially the last 20 mins. Players walking around without a care in the world. Long balls to no one, offsides, unable to trap or pass a ball. Just insanely shit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Lol yeah, I don't get the Juve example.

Italy looked like a fucking relegated Serie A team out there. Especially the last 20 mins. Players walking around without a care in the world. Long balls to no one, offsides, unable to trap or pass a ball. Just insanely shit.
Once Prandelli started to panic and cluelessly throw in forwards for mids, 4 of them lol, it was over. I couldn't believe at one point and wondered what a hell was he doing there. No sense whatsoever.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
It's just an idiotic early formation. They allowed the Costa Rica s domination in the mid all the while stranding Balo alone. Once the goal was allowed the team couldn't hold composure. Even though the players were off Prandelli is at fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)