Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Who would you guys pick for your squad of 23?
I would go with:
GK:Buffon, Marchetti, Sirigu
Defenders: Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Astori, Abate, Balzaretti
Midfielders: Pirlo, Marchisio, Verratti, Montolivo, De Rossi, Candreva, Giaccherini
Forwards: Balotelli, Rossi, Cerci, Insigne, Cassano, Destro
Pretty similar to yours except I don't think they need to take six forwards. And De Sciglio should be included.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Who would you guys pick for your squad of 23?
I would go with:
GK:Buffon, Marchetti, Sirigu
Defenders: Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Astori, Abate, Balzaretti
Midfielders: Pirlo, Marchisio, Verratti, Montolivo, De Rossi, Candreva, Giaccherini
Forwards: Balotelli, Rossi, Cerci, Insigne, Cassano, Destro
Abbiati, Consigli, Leali
Astori, Santacroce, Pisano, Basta, Yepes, Mesto, Acerbi, Ariaudo
Marrone, Miggliaccio, Lodi, Biondini, Poli, Obiang, Agyemang-Badu
Matri, Quagliarella, Giovinco, Osvaldo, Miccoli, Gomez, Klose, Sau

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Actually think that's a pretty good set of players. A much better team than the 2010 version that's for sure. Defence is clearly the weakest part though, which is still unusual given everyone's stereotypes about Italians being masters of defence etc. Midfield easily the most stacked/highest quality part of the team.

Of the 30 players, I expect Mirante, Pasqual, Ranocchia, Romulo, Verratti, Destro and Parolo to not be selected for the final 23.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
If I was Prandelli, I'd definitely take him. But it won't be a "huge" mistake. A huge mistake, would be not taking Pirlo or Buffon. The only two truly WC players Italy currently has.
I feel Rossi is on the border of being WC when he can stay healthy. He single handedly destroyed us.

He still has had a poor season, couple goals in coppa final and a recent league game doesnt change much.
Hopefully a sign of things to come.

@Ragazza
:tuttosport:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Immobile/Balotelli
Rossi - Cerci
Marchisio/Motta - Pirlo - De Rossi
Pasqual - Chiellini - Barzagli - De Sciglio
Buffon​

Thoughts? I figured that front line had a lot of flexibility and unpredictability with a decently strong midfield and defense, though I wasn't entirely sure of who should be played at the fullback positions.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Immobile/Balotelli
Rossi - Cerci
Marchisio/Motta - Pirlo - De Rossi
Pasqual - Chiellini - Barzagli - De Sciglio
Buffon​

Thoughts? I figured that front line had a lot of flexibility and unpredictability with a decently strong midfield and defense, though I wasn't entirely sure of who should be played at the fullback positions.
Ya we pretty much screwed at the fullback position. Wonder if Romulo is any good there.
I think Motta will start over Marchisio partnering Pirlo and De Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)