Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Actually that wasn't as bad as being knocked out by Korea and waiting for the last match to qualify through the group stage. And certainly not as big as the disappointing 2004 campaign where they could only manage three draws from three matched and missing the knockout stages as a result.
Expectations were high in 2000....
They were? I don't recall that since I was a 9 year old kid at that time opting for watching Tom&Jerry than watching Italy playing that strange-too-many-players-played football matches :p

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Actually that wasn't as bad as being knocked out by Korea and waiting for the last match to qualify through the group stage. And certainly not as big as the disappointing 2004 campaign where they could only manage three draws from three matched and missing the knockout stages as a result.
Knocked out by korea, do you remember the game it was certainly not shamful to go out to korea that year it was more shamful for korea itself. That WC was a joke.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
True, but the result remains despite the undoubted cruel decisions by the ref to rule out a fair azzuri goal and send off Totti instead of a clear pk. Afterall, S.Korea is still hailed till this day for reaching the semi final 8 years ago.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
True, but the result remains despite the undoubted cruel decisions by the ref to rule out a fair azzuri goal and send off Totti instead of a clear pk. Afterall, S.Korea is still hailed till this day for reaching the semi final 8 years ago.
S.Korea didn't reach semi-finals. They were dragged by referees till the semis. No one should hail that.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, who is hailing them? :shocked:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
S.Korea didn't reach semi-finals. They were dragged by referees till the semis. No one should hail that.
Tell that to the press, just look what that made out of Hiddnik who surely is a great tactician but whenever his name is mentioned for example, Korea's "accomplishment" of reaching the semi final is a must note.
Yeah, who is hailing them? :shocked:
I'll write down their names next time.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think he was referring to this

Lippi trusts Juventus players Monday 10 May, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy boss Marcello Lippi has revealed that he already knows his squad for the World Cup and isn't worried about the form of players from Juventus.

Lippi has built his previous teams on Juventini, but their catastrophic season has led sections of the Italian media to ask whether some should be going to South Africa.

“I have already thrown off the last selection doubts, you will know everything tomorrow,” Lippi said.

When asked if he is worried about the form of some players from Juventus, he replied: “I would be more worried if the players were coming off fantastic years, if they had all been protagonists and if they had all realised their objectives.

“I am not worried, actually I prefer it this way.

“I feel the responsibility of being Coach of the Italian national team, around which there is always a lot of interest and expectation.

“If I didn't feel the responsibility, I would be sitting at home as a world champion, but I preferred to put myself back in discussion.

“I feel the desire and the enthusiasm that is born inside of me: I can't wait for this fantastic experience to start.”

FI

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I can't understand what's wrong with being an Azzurri fan in these forums. In fact, the Italian national team has been always more connected to Juve than any other club in football. Not mentioning all the hate-filled opinions of Lippi, one of only two coaches who won everything with Juve. Really confusing shit :shifty:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm going to be honest. Since Sweden aren't in this for the first time in 10 years I've never thought about Italy or another team. I'm going to be secretly rooting for Ivory Coast cause I want an African team to go far but I know that once I see Buffon, Marchisio, Chiellini and Camoranesi out there, I can't help but wanting them to do good.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can't understand what's wrong with being an Azzurri fan in these forums. In fact, the Italian national team has been always more connected to Juve than any other club in football. Not mentioning all the hate-filled opinions of Lippi, one of only two coaches who won everything with Juve. Really confusing shit :shifty:
:agree:

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I'm going to be honest. Since Sweden aren't in this for the first time in 10 years I've never thought about Italy or another team. I'm going to be secretly rooting for Ivory Coast cause I want an African team to go far but I know that once I see Buffon, Marchisio, Chiellini and Camoranesi out there, I can't help but wanting them to do good.
You forgot Canna and Grosso :snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)