Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (210 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
If only we were not in that imploded ship.

I dont know how you guys, but to me seria lost so much creditability after calciopoli. Corruption, mentality, not wanting to change, I hope azzurri doesn't do all that well, at least then some of our players will get some rest before our early season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And look where the league is now.

Imploded enough for you?
Like I said, this is to do with other matters, matters that have been spoken about in length on this forum. The Azzurri winning the World Cup again would be like fixing a leak with tissue paper as far as Serie A is concerned, but for Italian football it would be another great achievement and honour.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If only we were not in that imploded ship.

I dont know how you guys, but to me seria lost so much creditability after calciopoli. Corruption, mentality, not wanting to change, I hope azzurri doesn't do all that well, at least then some of our players will get some rest before our early season.
True, it is a disgusting environment that doesn't fill you with any hope for sporting equality, but then the same could be said, to a lesser extent, elsewhere. I guess Italy going out early would help Juve, yes. But fucking hell, we shouldn't be in that position.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Agreed, I don't fallow other leagues like italian so i don't know, guess you could find leaks in EPL, bundes or spanish too, just that it frustrates to see this situation we are in.

Add to that that the azzurri will certainly be a bad thing for our players since we have a lot of them there and we will have an early preparation before our EL season.

That being said I think anyone is free to choose who they support and shouldn't get any stick for it. Although I will be glad to see Marchisio, Chiellini and Buffon play this summer :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I said, this is to do with other matters, matters that have been spoken about in length on this forum. The Azzurri winning the World Cup again would be like fixing a leak with tissue paper as far as Serie A is concerned, but for Italian football it would be another great achievement and honour.
I don't think you're getting the point.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Even if he doesn't get called up tomorrow, there is always the hope that one or two of Di Natale and Quagliarella will break a leg on Sunday so Lippi will have to call a replacement :D

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Provisional Squad:

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Marchetti, De Sanctis, Sirigu.

Defenders: Bocchetti, Bonucci, F. Cannavaro, Cassani, Chiellini, Criscito,
Grosso, Maggio, Zambrotta.

Midfielders: Camoranesi, Candreva, Cossu, De Rossi, Gattuso, Marchisio, Montolivo, Palombo, Pepe, Pirlo.

Forwards: Borriello, Di Natale, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Pazzini, G. Rossi, Fabio Quagliarella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 210)