Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know what you meant, Buck. Germany and Italy are the masters of winning games at major tournaments, regardless of whether they have a good team at the time.

I don't necessarily think Germany will win, but there isn't any value in backing Brazil or Spain because the odds are so short.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why do you say 'choke'?

Choking suggests that they will underperform considering the talent in the team.

I would suggest that Italy will only have underperformed if they fail to get out of the Group Stage. Last 16 or QF would be as much as could be expected from the current team, because they aren't a good side.
Yeah good post, it's a shame people can't make sense with their insults. You seem to be one of the few who realise the Italy teams strength is not in the sum of their parts. I'd also add that tournaments are not about who is the best team on paper, it's about the team who takes their chances, has the most luck, and gets it right on a match by match basis. That applies to every single tournament winner for many years. I'll throw in Greece for good measure. When it's all said and done, a European team has never won the World Cup outside of the continent, so someone will have to make a big step to change that. With the injuries to the Spanish side, I guess that makes Brazil favourites once again.

I knew exactly what team Lippi would pick, he hasn't indicated he would take any of the players people might have been hoping for, and as the winning coach of the last World Cup he deserves more leeway than people are willing to give him. In the end the results and performances will speak more than less informed people making lots of statements before the tournament. If Italy go out to a strong Netherlands (a team I admire offensively but not at the back) or a strong Germany (another classic tournament team, always disciplined) then there is nothing to be ashamed of there. The shame would be not getting out of a weak group. Don't expect fireworks in the group stage though, it has never happened, not even in 2006 or particularly in 1982.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Lippi is a retard. He should just let the hatred go and let the best players play. And by that I mean Cassano, Miccoli and Balotelli. This is football, not Lippi's birthday.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I know some Arab men both at work and university and I'm telling you, I haven't seen men as respectful to women as they are. The only problem with them is that they see us, girls, in tetrad groups :D

Common misconception :agree:

5 teams I don't want winning the World Cup:

1) England :yuck: :inter:
2) Germany (never really liked them)
3) France (cheating faggots; most of them aren't French anyway)
4) USA (I support the US in other sports, but their whole we are superior mentality, although not particularly prevalent in soccer/football, pisses me off)
5) Algeria (disgusting cunts)
:tdown:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So you support USA in sports where they're (often justifiably) arrogant, but in the one major sport where they're reasonably humble, you refuse to support them because they're arrogant in the sports where you do support them and you don't like that. Riiiight. :crazy:
Just shows he's a gloryhunter.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Marchetti (Cagliari), Sirigu (Palermo);

Difensori: Bocchetti (Genoa), Bonucci (Bari), Cannavaro (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa), Grosso (Juventus), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Zambrotta (Milan);

Centrocampisti:Camoranesi (Juventus), Candreva (Juventus), Cossu (Cagliari), Gattuso (Milan), Marchisio (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli) Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan);

Attaccanti: Borriello (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Napoli).

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Marchetti (Cagliari), Sirigu (Palermo);

Difensori: Bocchetti (Genoa), Bonucci (Bari), Cannavaro (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa), Grosso (Juventus), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Zambrotta (Milan);

Centrocampisti:Camoranesi (Juventus), Candreva (Juventus), Cossu (Cagliari), Gattuso (Milan), Marchisio (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli) Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan);

Attaccanti: Borriello (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Napoli).
Thank you

The players in bold shouldn't be even passing by the training session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)