Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lippi's choices/decisions are very weird and I don't know the reason behind his selection of this squad.

Didn't he say that he wanted to try new faces?

If you want to try new faces why not take Giovinco with you and try him? Gila,Iaquitna,Rossi,Toni combined can't dribble to save their lives.

Why take Gattuso who has been sidelined since months?
Why keep Toni, we already know what he can offer and what he's capable of doing. Plus, he's very predictable.

I see plenty of contradictions TBH. I love Lippi but things don't look good to me. Had the States remained with 11men on the pitch, I would have expected a tough 90min for Italy. A real tough.

nasser

Dec 12, 2005
Lippi's choices/decisions are very weird and I don't know the reason behind his selection of this squad.

If you want to try new faces why not take Giovinco with you and try him? Gila,Iaquitna,Rossi,Toni combined can't dribble to save their lives.

Why keep Toni, we already know what he can offer and what he's capable of doing. Plus, he's very predictable.

I see plenty of contradictions TBH. I love Lippi but things don't look good to me. Had the States remained with 11men on the pitch, I would have expected a tough 90min for Italy. A real tough.
I think rossi can dribble and hold the ball.

I agree about gattuso and toni

Jul 10, 2006

He's not going to take Giovinco because he didn't play enough first team football. That was Ranieri's fault of course, but I can't really blame Lippi's way of thinking there.

I'm sure Giovinco will get the call soon enough.

Gattuso was a complete headscratcher though, and I will be stunned if he plays against Brazil.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
But Gattuso didn't play Football at all this season. Pirlo was injured as-well and was horrible when playing no? Toni plays in Bundesliga for two years and there's nothing we don't know about him. He's very predictable like I said.

If he really wanted to try new faces, then Gila, Toni aren't the answers.

Jul 10, 2006
But Gattuso didn't play Football at all this season. Pirlo was injured as-well and was horrible when playing no? Toni plays in Bundesliga for two years and there's nothing we don't know about him. He's very predictable like I said.

If he really wanted to try new faces, then Gila, Toni aren't the answers.
All good points, for sure. But Pirlo, Gattu and Toni are all Lippi staples. He probably just feels comfortable having them around. I guess he expects that 06 magic.

Anyways, I think Gio showed today that he's not quite ready for the show. He's getting there, though.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I'm sure Lippi won't use the stupid 4-3-3 anymore.I sure hope so.

Edit:the 4-3-3 is actually ok with the right players...
Buffon
Motta Bocchetti Chiellini Criscito/Santon
D'Agostino Marchisio De Rossi
G.Rossi Gilardino Cassano​

Sep 14, 2003
Marceℓℓo;2045458 said:
I'm sure Lippi won't use the stupid 4-3-3 anymore.I sure hope so.

Edit:the 4-3-3 is actually ok with the right players...
Buffon
Motta Bocchetti Chiellini Criscito/Santon
D'Agostino Marchisio De Rossi
G.Rossi Gilardino Cassano​
Better, but still no pace or width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)