Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (201 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
4-3-3 wont work. Why try it again when Donadoni the prick has tried it one year ago and when Lippi tried it now as-well with no results...

4-3-1-2 or 4-2-3-1

The 4-3-1-2 should be

Buffon

Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Santon

D'Agostino - De Rossi - Marchisio

Cassano​

Pazzini - Del Piero​

The 4-2-3-1 should be this

Buffon

Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Santon

De Rossi - Marchisio​

Camoranesi - Cassano/Del Piero - Rossi

Pazzini/Iaquinta​

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Yes.There aren't many alternatives for that position.

Pazzini,Acquafresca,Balotelli...
Better, but still no pace or width.
What would you suggest?
Montolivo?He is just shit!!Marchisio would be much better.
Nobody mentioned Montolivo.He's not shit though,just didn't show his worth for the Azzurri yet.He's not that great for Fiorentina either,I'll give you that.
Pepe won't give the #7 back to Del Piero though.

:D

Sep 14, 2003
Marceℓℓo;2045532 said:
What would you suggest?
Ideally, a fast winger. Unfortunatley, there aren't too many that can be considered for the team. I like Foggia though.

The team moves at a slow pace generally, but our counters are painful to watch. It feels like the opposition can walk back into their defensive positions.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I think Italy is in more need of a creative player like Giovinco rather then anything else. I mean, Gio is the star of the U 21 team and if Criscito and Marchisio can make it then Gio should easily be in the team.

Buffon

Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito

De Rossi - Pirlo - D'Ago

Giovinco

Amauri/Iaqui - Del Piero/Cassano

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Ideally, a fast winger. Unfortunatley, there aren't too many that can be considered for the team. I like Foggia though.

The team moves at a slow pace generally, but our counters are painful to watch. It feels like the opposition can walk back into their defensive positions.
Agreed.
I think Italy is in more need of a creative player like Giovinco rather then anything else. I mean, Gio is the star of the U 21 team and if Criscito and Marchisio can make it then Gio should easily be in the team.

Buffon

Motta - Cannavaro - Chiellini - Criscito

De Rossi - Pirlo - D'Ago

Giovinco

Amauri/Iaqui - Del Piero/Cassano
Giovinco has to play regularly for Juve first.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Hopefully Cassano, Giovinco, Foggia, D'Agostino, Motta and Criscito have good seasons. It will be tough to Lippi to turn his back on them again considering the alternatives.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You dont need to be anything special, but a good player.

And this is quite possibly the best description for Toni (even if not for him alone) ever uttered:howler:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Pazzini is a decent striker and all, but guys like Iaquinta, Gilardino and even Toni are still lightyears ahead of him. Young does not equal quality..

Don't go from one extreme(old and finished) to another (young, unproven and average). Lippi, as well as Donadoni understood as much. Donadoni's problem was the pressure, low reputation and a missing generation. Lippi is too tied to the wc06 generation.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not Toni, he is DONE. but Pazzini is a good player, but calling for him to start (squad I understand), just reeks of the behaviour Alen talked about, that its just about hoping for the next player who isnt on the squad to be the solution, and after one average game, deem him useless. Pazzini is a good player, but Gilardino is better then him, and Yak is pretty good too, so he needs to contend in the NT and prove himself, to be mentionned as possible starter.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The only thought behind Pazzini starting is if Cassano starts as well. I would try them out on the NT to see if their chemistry carries over. Pazzini without Cassano is probably a lesser player.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Biggest problem is the defence though. The Italian sides were always too tough to beat. Italy's strength was being able to win even on an off-day, because they had good defence. Being able to defend was often misinterpreted as playing defensively. Also Italy's play was never based on possesion, always playing vertically. Which means the defence has to be able to soak up the pressure. They can no longer do this and so the play is being adapted.. unsuccesfully.

Vini.Alarm

Apr 15, 2009
Biggest problem is the defence though. The Italian sides were always too tough to beat. Italy's strength was being able to win even on an off-day, because they had good defence. Being able to defend was often misinterpreted as playing defensively. Also Italy's play was never based on possesion, always playing vertically. Which means the defence has to be able to soak up the pressure. They can no longer do this and so the play is being adapted.. unsuccesfully.
Good point.
The U21 defence looks pretty promising,though.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Foggia is nothing special.
Compared to Pepe, he is an improvement.

Scrap the 4-3-3. 2 of the midfield 3 need to be box to box players for it to work, and Italy has no1 that fills that role.

Buffon
Motta Canna Chiellini Grosso
Pirlo De Rossi
Camo Cassano Giovinco
Gila/IQ​

Of course this assumes Seba will have a great year and Lippi swallows his pride and gives Cassano a chance.

Also, another Grosso may emerge next season like it did in the 05/06 season. Maybe Aquilani will finally stay fit and prove his worth. Alot of stuff can happen between now and next summer. Italy are far from doomed, but Lippi needs to be more open minded.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Compared to Pepe, he is an improvement.

Scrap the 4-3-3. 2 of the midfield 3 need to be box to box players for it to work, and Italy has no1 that fills that role.

Buffon
Motta Canna Chiellini Grosso
Pirlo De Rossi
Camo Cassano Giovinco
Gila/IQ​

Of course this assumes Seba will have a great year and Lippi swallows his pride and gives Cassano a chance.

Also, another Grosso may emerge next season like it did in the 05/06 season. Maybe Aquilani will finally stay fit and prove his worth. Alot of stuff can happen between now and next summer. Italy are far from doomed, but Lippi needs to be more open minded.
Didn't Italy remind you of Sissoko-less Juve?
The defense was left exposed way too many times. I don't think the Spanish or the Brazilian defense would have done much better in the place of Italian defense.

The ITA defense was awful for sure, but the role of the midfielders in making the backline look so awful was huge.

Just like Juve, the Italian defense needs help from the midfield.
And with your formation the Italian defense will be killed. What Lippi desperately needs is Gattuso to be in top form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 201)