Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Interesting. I assume Chiellini and Cuntavarro will be the centerbacks when they face us on the first matchday. Wonder if Iaquinta and Camo will also play.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Has the US squad been announced?
I don't think they have been because our coach is waiting to see how some players perform during these two qualifiers this week. But I assume the squad will be pretty much the same. He better not choose a second team and if he does, he deserves to be fired once again.

Problem is we also have to play in the Gold Cup.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I believe the Essien to Milan was just a rumor Jack. Denied ever since by everyone in Milan.
Actually, they denied that Pirlo and Seedorf will leave. Berlusconi said that Pirlo, Pato and Seedorf are untouchable, Pirlo said that he's certainly staying in Milan, Galliani said that no more stars will be sold if Kaka leaves.

Maybe Milan will try to buy Essien (although absolutely no indications exist for that, except for that newspaper rumor about a swap Essien-Pirlo+Seedorf) but i doubt that they will buy players for the midfield (apart from an AMC maybe). They have Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Flamini and Beckham will be back in September.
At least i hope so.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
So what are you doing in Sydney? Another fucking reject?

I don't care whether the Drughi waive rainbow flags back there. It's not any of my concern.
LOL @ reject. Have you been to Calabria mate? Fucking glad I live in this country FYI. And yeah, I've read a few of your posts on this board and you come across as an A-Class fuckwit, so I'm proud to be called a "reject" by the likes of you.
Let's settle down fellas :lol: .. and Bianconero_aus stop saying 'Lol@' things as if you would say 'lol' out loud because then I'll poop in your letter box.

I'm curious. Why were we playing so many middle table teamed players (e.g Pellisier). Is this going to be the new direction for the Azzurri or something? Play the youth until 2010? Because I still want to see Iaquinta and DP in there. And if that's the position taken by Lippi why not play Marchisio.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Let's settle down fellas :lol: .. and Bianconero_aus stop saying 'Lol@' things as if you would say 'lol' out loud because then I'll poop in your letter box.

I'm curious. Why were we playing so many middle table teamed players (e.g Pellisier). Is this going to be the new direction for the Azzurri or something? Play the youth until 2010? Because I still want to see Iaquinta and DP in there. And if that's the position taken by Lippi why not play Marchisio.
The u21 euro championship will start in 7 days. Some guys, who would have normally been called for yesterday's friendly, are preparing for the u21 championship and that's why they weren't called yesterday (Balotelli, Giovinco, Motta, Criscito, Marchisio, Bochetti, De Ceglie, Cigarini, Acquafresca....they are all with the u21's)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The u21 euro championship will start in 7 days. Some guys, who would have normally been called for yesterday's friendly, are preparing for the u21 championship and that's why they weren't called yesterday (Balotelli, Giovinco, Motta, Criscito, Marchisio, Bochetti, De Ceglie, Cigarini, Acquafresca....they are all with the u21's)
Why thank you, Alen.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i dont think gio has played for senior side?
He didn't.
I was just telling Nenna why there weren't many youngsters called for yesterday's friendly. If not for the u21 EURO i'm sure some of them (Motta in particular and maybe some others) would've played yesterday.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He didn't.
I was just telling Nenna why there weren't many youngsters called for yesterday's friendly. If not for the u21 EURO i'm sure some of them (Motta in particular and maybe some others) would've played yesterday.
Yeah it didn't feel quite right with a lot of those players out. In fact, I was convinced Pellisier was French :lol:

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
These new players played a nice game yesterday, Rossi looked great and so did Foggia. Hopefully Lippi will come to his senses and leave Pepe at home bring Foggia into the team.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
These new players played a nice game yesterday, Rossi looked great and so did Foggia. Hopefully Lippi will come to his senses and leave Pepe at home bring Foggia into the team.
I don't get it myself. Pepe must be engaged to Lippi's daughter.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Th U21's play a friendly tomorrow!

:agree: Pazzini, Rossi, Foggia, D'agostino, Brighi & Pelissier.

:disagree: Dossena

Galloppa seemed to play well for the time he was on, but wasn't on long enough to seriously judge him.

I felt Grosso didn't play that well. Santon was ok (not bad, but not brilliant). Unfortunately for him, the English commentators were praising him and comparing him to Beckham. :cronios: :burke: (That's a kiss of death - when they do that, the player either flops or his career slides down the slippery slope.)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Dopo la prima partita con la Danimarca, che ero in panchina, il giorno dopo mi sono tolto…mi so’ preparato la valigia, volevo andarmene a casa. E Gigi Buffon mi ha bloccato. Le cose che si sanno sì, ma le cose che non si sanno…non è che sono stato tanto bravo. Poi ci sono cose che si fanno uscire e cose no.
Antonio Cassano – I Signori del Calcio

If anyone still wonders why Cassano's never called..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He was ready to walk out of the Italy squad after being left on the bench against Denmark (Euro 2004, I guess), but Buffon stopped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)