Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Pazzini deserves his call up but his sudden burts of goals surely has to do with his understanding with cassano so why not call up both.

Pepe must always choose when I am not watching for him to play well as I have never seen him do so and seriously whats Dossena doing there?

I do not trust any of the strikers to deliver at this level consistently but only time will tell.

Brighi has done the most amazing trasnformation I have seen in a long time cos before this season, I felt he was possibly the worst Italian player but he has been brilliant this season so congrats to him.

I really have to laugh at De Sanctis and I thought it was just England with goalkeeping problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lol:
I don't say otherwise. I'm just shocked how weak this team is at the moment. It might and it will change probably if these youngsters (+Giovinco, Marchisio) develop as expected and gain more experience, but at the moment this team is far far behind the best teams in Europe.
Yes,they're far behind the best teams in Europe because Lippi and Donadoni were not brave enough to introduce the next generation aka the past U21.The likes of Portugal,France and the Netherlands already introduced most part of the new generation.

Marchisio,Giovinco,Criscito etc will most probably get a call up after they took part at the U21 EC.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Marceℓℓo;1937820 said:
Cannavaro is past it IMO.
and Gamberini is shit, IMO

Pazzini deserves his call up but his sudden burts of goals surely has to do with his understanding with cassano so why not call up both.

Pepe must always choose when I am not watching for him to play well as I have never seen him do so and seriously whats Dossena doing there?

I do not trust any of the strikers to deliver at this level consistently but only time will tell.

Brighi has done the most amazing trasnformation I have seen in a long time cos before this season, I felt he was possibly the worst Italian player but he has been brilliant this season so congrats to him.

I really have to laugh at De Sanctis and I thought it was just England with goalkeeping problems.
agree....Pepe is another player who I don't think is good enough, and Dossena is still a bit of a question mark to me (havent watched too many 'Pool games this season, aside from the CL)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Players to face Montenegro and Rep.of Ireland

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo), De Sanctis (Galatasaray);

Defenders: Bocchetti (Genoa), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lyon), Motta (Roma), Zambrotta (Milan);

Midfielders: Brighi (Roma), De Rossi (Roma), Foggia (Lazio), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan);

Forwards: Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal).

Del Piero, expectedly, isn't called again.
I really dislike how stubborn Lippi is not to call Cassano. If there were some misunderstandings in the past, Lippi should put them behind him because Del Piero aside, Cassano is head and shoulders above all the other attackers Italy has at the moment.

P.S: Looking at the called players, this must be the weakest Italian team in decades.
Somewhat strange list, certain players who are in good form not getting chance (Cassano over Pepe, Di Vaio over Quagliarella, Santon&Criscito over Dossena)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Montolivo and Dossena :howler:

Pepe isn't a world beater, but with Camo out. Who else is capable of playing as a winger in a 4-3-3? He already plays that role with Udinese and its not like Italy have wingers in abundance now, is it?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Pepe isn't a world beater, but with Camo out. Who else is capable of playing as a winger in a 4-3-3? He already plays that role with Udinese and its not like Italy have wingers in abundance now, is it?
whats the point of playing 4-3-3 for the sake of it then? :shifty:

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007

imo IQ or Quagliarella could adapt an AMR role apart from Pepe...even Di Natale is a right footed left winger and why not try him as AMR..?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Quagliarella can barely play as a striker let alone a winger. Pepe is a much better winger what are you talking about? As for Di Natale, his strength is in cutting in from the left, i doubt he'd do well on the right with that taken from him.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Quagliarella can barely play as a striker let alone a winger. Pepe is a much better winger what are you talking about? As for Di Natale, his strength is in cutting in from the left, i doubt he'd do well on the right with that taken from him.
:) cant say that i disagree with you
Hate to say this being Italian but we suck!!!! In all areas.
Buffon
Is criscito coming back to us in the summer???
99,99998%
That's it, he chose Brazil.
but Brazil didnt choose him.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)