Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I don't think Italy's formation is a mystery anymore. It's pretty obvious this is how Donadoni will be playing.

--------------Buffon----------------------------

----Zambrotta----------Barzagli-------Matrix----------Grosso----

--------------De Rossi----------Pirlo----------Gatusso-------------

---------Camoranesi---------------------------------Di Natale--------------

----------------------------Toni---------------------------------

I think this formation is probably the best one possible except I think Chiellini should start as he could offer a lot more than Barzagli.

Del piero will only start if Ranieri decides to play a 4-4-2. I think he and Cassano will mostly come in as subs for Camo and Di Natale at some point in the game.

Cannavaro's injury is a huge blow, no one can lead the team the way he does.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't think Italy's formation is a mystery anymore. It's pretty obvious this is how Donadoni will be playing.

I think this formation is probably the best one possible except I think Chiellini should start as he could offer a lot more than Barzagli.

Del piero will only start if Ranieri decides to play a 4-4-2. I think he and Cassano will mostly come in as subs for Camo and Di Natale at some point in the game.

Aquilani will start against Holland.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006

Are you that obsessed with him? :D

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006

Ranieri? you mean Donadoni ;)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Rino admits Euro anxiety

Gennaro Gattuso has given the latest on the mood in the Italy camp and admits that he is starting to feel the Euro 2008 nerves.

The world champions start their European Championship campaign on Monday when they take on Holland.

Roberto Donadoni’s squad have already lost captain Fabio Cannavaro to injury and have to come through a gruelling Group without him.

“How is the atmosphere? We are disappointed to have lost our captain,” Gattuso admitted.

“Cannavaro is important on and off the pitch, but unfortunately we have to look ahead. Now there is Gigi Buffon – he is our security.

“The spirit is still the same, just like it was before the World Cup. The will to do well is there and we just need a little bit of fortune.

“Did you say that the group is too calm? I have already got butterflies in my stomach and adrenaline is flowing,” Rino continued.

“We have to try and stay clam just as we were in Germany, even if Marcello Lippi isn’t here.

“We will work in the same way and the Coach knows how to make us work.

“Entering this European Championship as world champions isn’t a test of maturity.

“In 2006 we played at our very best. Now we will need to battle and fight in the same way.

“We will take on everyone with fierce determination. But we aren’t presumptuous and we are taking nothing for granted.”

Italy’s main goal threat is Luca Toni, who topped the Bundesliga scoring chart last season in his maiden campaign for Bayern Munich.

“Even if Luca doesn’t play aesthetically beautiful football, he plays for the team and he can make the difference,” Gattuso said.

“He is a player who can transform any ball, however scrappy, into a goal.”

Gattuso concluded by giving his views on Inter’s decision to appoint Jose Mourinho.

“I’m pleased,” the pugnacious midfielder claimed. “He has his ideas and I respect them. Furthermore he speaks better Italian than me!

“He is an important arrival for Italian football, it’s just a shame that he has come to Inter.

“But Carlo Ancelotti is also a 'Special One’ in his own way and we have won so much thanks to him.”

channel4

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Who Will Win Euro 2008? La Liga Says Italy

Italy are the favourites to win Euro 2008, according to the 20 coaches of La Liga.

Spanish sports daily El Mundo has today branded Italy as the favourites to win Euro 2008 in its supplementary section dedicated to the competition.

El Mundo launched a survey among the 20 coaches of La Liga. Twelve indicated Italy as the likely winner of Euro 2008, either alone or jointly with one or two other favourites.

Spain only received the second most amount of votes, followed then by France and Germany.

The favourites with most bookmakers to win Euro 2008 are Germany, while Italy’s odds have generally lengthened following the injury to inspirational captain Fabio Cannavaro, who has been ruled out of the tournament.

The Azzurri play their first match of Group C on Monday against Holland in Berne. Also playing earlier that evening are Italy’s other group opponents France and Romania.

goal.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok now Sweden, Spain and Italy .. who else? Obviously Portugal since you hate Ronaldo .. I don't know if you have anything against the Czechs and the Germans ..

Ok .. the French, the Dutch or the Romanians?
I don't hate Ronaldo but him winning everything in one season is really annoying, so I pass on the Portuguese, they should not win.

The Frenchies are cool but they have a dumb coach, the Germans are a nice team.

I'd pay to see that happen.
Save your money, I can guarantee it that they won't make it past the group stage. Neither will Italy.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
I don't hate Ronaldo but him winning everything in one season is really annoying, so I pass on the Portuguese, they should not win.

The Frenchies are cool but they have a dumb coach, the Germans are a nice team.
Haven't thought of it this way .. :scared:

shit .. He needs to choke like he never choked before ..

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
I'm off to Switzerland in a few hours to go see the Azzurri for the Euro's. I'm so excited. See ya guys in two months since I'll be enjoying the rest of Europe after the Euro's :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)