Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Probably... though I kind of think Materazzi would be a better partner for Chiellini than Barzagli. Either way, you can bet both will be getting earfuls from Buffon.
From what i heard Matrix is just not 100% fit...if so let Barzagli play.

i don't know,but i have a feeling that he will play good.
and now when Canna is not there everyone will step up.

Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!!!!
:juventus:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
It is great, it will be even greater when Materazzi tackles Pirlo and sends him to the sidelines for four months as well. Also Chiellini tackling Luca Toni and forcing him out is not that bad.
what will be better is seeing Sweden go out in the first round

So the defence line will Probably look like:

--Zambro--Barzagli--Chiellini--Grosso--

(it's been along time since i wrote Zambro's name in formation....)

I'd prefer this to putting Zambro on the left and Panucci right.
so would I

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If I was Crapadoni this would be my formation
-------------------------Buffon

Zambrotta------Chiellini--Barzagli-----Grosso

---------Camoranesi---Pirlo----De rossi

----------------Cassano-----Del Piero

--------------------------Toni

I don't care what anybody says but I think that formation is dominant. It's an aggressive team and it could make up for not having Cannavaro, but I think Chiellini can rise to the challenge. I am still not so sure about Barzagli and Grosso tho...

TBH I think I am still in disbelief that we won't have Cannavaro. It's just so awful I don't wanna believe it.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006

I don't care what anybody says but I think that formation is dominant. It's an aggressive team and it could make up for not having Cannavaro, but I think Chiellini can rise to the challenge. I am still not so sure about Barzagli and Grosso tho...
sorry but im no fan of that formation. Camo needs to play in a more advanced position, and Di Natale must start he is in the form of his life.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Oh yea, I would love to see that too! Losing the opener against Greece by only 1-0. DRAWING with Spain 2-2 and losing to Russia 3-0.
hmmm .. now question rises up .. wouldn't you want to see Spain to crash out again like always? And what about Russians? isn't the EUROs better off without them?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
hmmm .. now question rises up .. wouldn't you want to see Spain to crash out again like always? And what about Russians? isn't the EUROs better off without them?
When I said that I want Sweden to draw with Spain it was to make sure both teams crash out.

Aug 1, 2003

TBH I think I am still in disbelief that we won't have Cannavaro. It's just so awful I don't wanna believe it.
this formation leaves too many loopholes but each to his/her own. I would prefer it if Camo goes further up front. everyone has their own fantasies though :D

I too think Chiellini can rise to the challenge, I would opt for Chiellini-Barzagli as well, Barzagli on his own may not be the brightest but partnered w Chiellini, I think it could work out.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
So the defence line will Probably look like:

--Zambro--Barzagli--Chiellini--Grosso--

(it's been along time since i wrote Zambro's name in formation....)

I'd prefer this to putting Zambro on the left and Panucci right.
Agree about the Panucci part. Its the only way the Azzuri can put anything close to decent expercince to the back 4 if there's Zambro and Panucci rather than Zambro only. Still sux though that its the actuall centre of defence, where experience is most vital, where there is no cover ,from an experience perspective at least

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
When I said that I want Sweden to draw with Spain it was to make sure both teams crash out.
Ok now Sweden, Spain and Italy .. who else? Obviously Portugal since you hate Ronaldo .. I don't know if you have anything against the Czechs and the Germans ..

Ok .. the French, the Dutch or the Romanians?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Pirlo...brilliant pass to Cassano..20 seconds remain.its 1-1...Cassano does a one two with Del Piero..Del Piero passes to Toni..Toni passes back to Cassano..Cassano moves in..dribbles past the Vanaderassholesar..and passes to Del Piero..and GOAL!!!

Copy and paste this.This is what'll actually happen.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The goal is then disallowed causing Cassano to strart crying.

He then throws his shirt at the referee and challenges him to a fight outside the stadium...

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
In almost every programme Ive watched reviewing the Euros (including the clowns on ESPN PressPass) they have been saying Spain and Germany are the favourites to win and I just dont understand the frequency with which I'm hearing this. This is even before Canna was out for Italy.

This brings me to the question of which group is paired with Group C for the quarters coz maybe these "analysts" are taking it from a path perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)