Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Are you telling me in the event Nesta offered his services, Gamberini should be taken......no way
Whoever fills in better pull of what Toldo did in 2000 after stepping in as back-up for arm broken Gigi and turning out to be the keeper of the tourney

Buy on AliExpress.com

S.Giovinco

May 26, 2008
the cannavaro of 08 wouldnt be the cannavaro of 06, forget it.
so does matrix, whos 06 campaign was the best time of his life.

i rly think that chiellini should be our cm, he was GREAT this year, and u know giorgio when it comes to "F*CKING PROVE URSELF!" - he go nuts and plays like a combine nesta-cannavaro.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't give a toss about any Azzurri player that doesn't play with Juve.
Oh, but Jack, he asked you about Dellafiore.
You know, that Argentinian who plays for the Italian olympic team.
Don't say you don't give a toss about the inferior blooded players in Italian NT. I know you love them as much as i do.

As for Cannavaro, i really don't care at all for Italy losing their captain, but i'm still kinda sad for him.
I don't love him anymore, i would never accept him back in Juve again and i certainly wouldn't have been as excited if he played great, as i was back in 2006, but still.........it's sad that it happened to someone who was so great and passionate when he played for my team.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
damn it... u can say about canna what u want but he is still italy's best defender... and he's the leader.... this is a really hard blow... i doubt that we r going to see a chillini gamberini partnership...
the worst thing is that donadoni will play somethink like pannuci matrix barzagli zambrotta.....
oh man vdv mutu and co will run circles around matrix and co

Sarah

s-doLLa
Sep 26, 2007
No that would be the biggest mistake. Legro is too much of a liability.

With our available options, Gamberini is good. If anyone here has seen him regularly, you know that he is full of a talent but no one can ever replace Canna. I'm not even sure how to feel about this whole situation. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow and it turns out to all have been overly exaggerated.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Unfortunatly he has officially said that hes going home, so we have to start facing it.

I really hope the guys dont get demotivated and lose focus. I believe that we can do good without him.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Obviously the guys morale and such will be quite hurt by losing the captain. Hopefully by the time the tournament starts they will use his loss as a motivational factor, and come together and be like "Let's win this thing for Cannavaro" kinda, as some of the juve guys did with Pessotto in the World Cup. That would be pretty good imo.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Obviously the guys morale and such will be quite hurt by losing the captain. Hopefully by the time the tournament starts they will use his loss as a motivational factor, and come together and be like "Let's win this thing for Cannavaro" kinda, as some of the juve guys did with Pessotto in the World Cup. That would be pretty good imo.
Good point. But losing your captain affects much more than 4-5 players, as Pessotto's situation did. Anyway, let's just hope for the best.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Thats what Im hoping for, we cant afford to lose our morale 4 days before the tournament.

I think the guys know this, and theyll handle it well.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
im with you on this one??how many games.if any has he played??
i think donandoni should go with chiellini-barzagli materazzi has the experience but he has been poor this year
chiellini showed he can handle top players,i.e zlatan!
:confused2

plz nuttin more than a over rated choke artist

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Good point. But losing your captain affects much more than 4-5 players, as Pessotto's situation did. Anyway, let's just hope for the best.
Yep, i know i just was comparing it to how the juve guys did it with Pesotto. In this case though i hope the whole team comes together as a unit and gets super hype and wins it for the capitano.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
giorgio might have played himself in the team by injuring cannavaro

i'm sorry for cannavaro and the azzurri but somewhere deep down i'm smiling.

"i'm going home" canna says. ok man, back to madrid

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Fuck that is awful news. The only players which would be worse to lose are Buffon, Pirlo and Toni. Although i will miss him alot I'm not all that worried Barzagli was impressive against belgium i admit and Chiellini and Matrix should do well also. I am not worried about our defense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)