Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Its bad news to be sure... but I don't think its as big of a deal as everyone seems to think.

This isn't Cannavaro circa 2006 when he was the CB on the planet... this is two years later, and he is not exactly the player he was.

If I'm Donadoni, I'm on the phone with Nesta. If he refuses, Gamberini.

I would arrange my defense like this:

Grosso-Chiellini-Nesta/Gamberini/Materazzi-Zambrotta

That's one mean, mean defense. If Chiellini did that to his own teammate, imagine what he'd do to France, Romania and Holland!

Lets face it... Italy wasn't going to depend on Cannavaro, Nesta, Materazzi, Grosso and Zambrotta come 2010... they may as well get the next group some valued experience.

Jul 20, 2002
why is everyone hangign chiellini this is the reason why he shoudl be starting! he palys hard he provedhim self at juve now that eh hurt canna let him prove himself at the euro.. comon canna is great but with out a great goalkeeper behind him he isnt as good. as good as he was in wc i remebr him makin a few mistakes and buffon to the rescue and buffon should of been player of the tourney.. so lets give chiellini a chance he proved he deserved oen at juve ask ibra lol

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Its bad news to be sure... but I don't think its as big of a deal as everyone seems to think.

This isn't Cannavaro circa 2006 when he was the CB on the planet... this is two years later, and he is not exactly the player he was.

That's one mean, mean defense. If Chiellini did that to his own teammate, imagine what he'd do to France, Romania and Holland!

Lets face it... Italy wasn't going to depend on Cannavaro, Nesta, Materazzi, Grosso and Zambrotta come 2010... they may as well get the next group some valued experience.

Agreed, i think this was a blessing in disguise. At any rate better now then after the tourny starts

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

He's still way better than the other centre backs in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)