Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Cassano should get the call up, hes amazing he toyed with our defence yesterday...I think he should be called up instead of di natale.

and I support maggio aswell he has had a very good season.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I think our current italian squad really lacks flair, you can argue that pirlo and camoranesi are enough creativity in our midfield, but pirlo stays back and camo needs help there isnt any other option available right now.

He should take cassano, i dont see him beeing an assole in the euros... he just cant be that stupid.

Quagliarella definatly doesnt deserve to go hes overated.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In the following order these should be the strikers: Luca Toni, Alessandro Del Piero, Antonio Cassano, Filippo Inzaghi, Antonio Di Natale.

Donadoni of course is a big Di Natale fan so he'll pick him over the lot. That doesn't mean he's right however. When you want to win the Euros it's not always necessary to pick those who were on fire for most of the season. It's important to select those who are going to win you the trophy. Di Natale is quite simply not good enough. Even if he's having the season of his life, he's simply not good enough. Italy's only four quality strikers who might pull it off, if they can coexist are those first listed.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
In the following order these should be the strikers: Luca Toni, Alessandro Del Piero, Antonio Cassano, Filippo Inzaghi, Antonio Di Natale.

Donadoni of course is a big Di Natale fan so he'll pick him over the lot. That doesn't mean he's right however. When you want to win the Euros it's not always necessary to pick those who were on fire for most of the season. It's important to select those who are going to win you the trophy. Di Natale is quite simply not good enough. Even if he's having the season of his life, he's simply not good enough. Italy's only four quality strikers who might pull it off, if they can coexist are those first listed.
I totally agree, now immagine he doesnt take dp for cassano, what would be youre take?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If he leaves DP at home for Cassano, which is what he'll do according to me, he'll justify it by saying he had to choose. Which is not true.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Thank you

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nice to see that many of us think the same way and we pick the same 4 players for Italy's attack.

As for the attack, i wonder who's gonna be picked as Toni's sub.
Donadoni is using the Christmas three.
It means that he plays with one target man in the formation, supported by two attacking players, one on the left and one on the right.
Luca Toni is an obvious choice for #9, but who's gonna be his replacement ?

Btw, Di Natale is not the rival to Del Piero and Cassano, it's Quagliarella.
Since Donadoni plays 4-3-2-1 (4-3-3) , he'll need 6 attacking players.
Toni, Di Natale and Camoranesi, who plays more forward for the Azzuri, are a sure bet while, after Iaquinta is no longer available, Inzaghi and Borriello will fight for one place and DP, Cassano and Quagliarella will fight for the other 2 spots.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yea ther is no real reaplacement for Luca Toni...the only player who is kind of similar to Toni I see is Aquafresca, but he isn't near that level yet...so if something happens to Luca, Donadoni will have some serious problems

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Guys guys guys... you're forgetting about Amauri and Altidore.

Del Piero, Cassano, Toni, Amauri, Altidore.

Golden!

I said in my post above that I was angry at Donadoni and Amauri. Once again you are trying to put words in my mouth and use it against my argument. He wants to play for Italy because Brazil won't choose him not because he gives a crap about the Azzurri.
The same could have been said about Camoranesi. It's hypocritical.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yea ther is no real reaplacement for Luca Toni...the only player who is kind of similar to Toni I see is Aquafresca, but he isn't near that level yet...so if something happens to Luca, Donadoni will have some serious problems
Pippo Inzaghi ?
The scum is the only one who can replace Toni.

P.S: Apart from Amauri, of course :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ummmm Amauuuuuriiiiiii! *said in a really gay tone with emphasis on the riiiii*
:rofl2: the English comm. on Serie A games...that guy has the weirdest accent ever...it isn't Irish Scottish English Welsh nothing...must be some sort of fake, hybrid accent he dreamt up

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Pippo Inzaghi ?
The scum is the only one who can replace Toni.

P.S: Apart from Amauri, of course :D
Pippo is still great. but he is not the powerful FW that Italy needs...we have the speed and creativity of Ale Di Natale Quag and Camo but none of them can really fight off an imposing CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)