Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Had Del Piero not been selected for the NT, I wasn't going to watch their matches. But now If Donadoni remains even If he'll field 10 Del Piero's on the field I'm not watching them no more.
If there were 10 Del Pieros on the pitch id bet a million pound you would want to see it! :D think about it, it would be like the best thing ever :lol:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
One of my friends was comparing toni to ruud van nistelroy, i wish he was half the player that ruud is. I cant believe del piero didnt get playing time because of toni its unbelievable.

juventus1897

Sep 19, 2006
One of my friends was comparing toni to ruud van nistelroy, i wish he was half the player that ruud is. I cant believe del piero didnt get playing time because of toni its unbelievable.
Toni is a good player, I mean 90 goals in his last 120 games don't happen by accident, but the team has to play for him, which is what Don wasn't doing in this tournament. In addition, Toni had a bad tournament, but Del Piero is definitely not a sub for Toni, we only had one which was Borriello (don't know why he even came).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I disagree. I think Italy has superb quality in every single department, it was the Donadoni's ingenuic tactics that really fucked it up for the players. Anyone who watches Italian football would recognize how good Italy's players are. If ypu're going to play with 3, almost 4 dfeensive midfielders, you aren't exactly going to see the most free-flowing attacking football from Italy. I think Donadoni took Italy right back to the dreadful Trapatoni days.

What's funny is, at the end of the day, the one or two chances Italy got during the whole game actually posed more of a threat than any Spanish chances. I think it's about time Italy injects it's squad with youth talent.

I think Luca Toni was fucking horrible all tournament. I don't know what's happened to him, the Bundesliga must have fucked him up badly.

On a good note, Chiellini has more or less confirmed himself as the best Italian CB after Cannavaro. No one in this tournament, possibly the world, was able to neutralize Villa and Torres the way Chiellini did. I never thought defending would be fun to watch before I saw him play. I hope he continues this way, we might just be witnessing a legend in the making.

Anyway, with Italy out I hope Russia win the tournment. After that colossal performance against the Dutch, they surely deserve it.
I'm sorry, but here's the list of the players that were overrated by Italians:

Barzagli
Materazzi
Grosso
Ambrosini
Aquilani
Di Natale
Toni
De Rossi

All those players were vastly overrated by Italians and Donadoni. Those players played horribly, didn't even do anything while having high price tags (Aquilani), and they're not anything near "World Class" by any stretch of the imagination. No friggin' way. Without Cannavaro, you're left with no world class defenders. Zambrotta sucked, Panucci is Panucci, and Chiellini isn't world class yet.

Midfield. Not world class. Perrotta and Ambrosini playing against Spain Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, etc? Spain has a world class midfield, not Italy.

Strikers, well I won't get into that because it's obvious with Di Natale you'll suffer.

This isn't the team of two years ago, and just with a couple absences can cause you problems. Yes, it's partly Donadoni's fault, but all these players I've mentioned didn't step up and have been vastly overrated.

That shitty league dulled his striking senses :frown: Most disappointing considering his abilities and what he showed at the EURO.

Russia to play Turkey for the cup now :disagree:
:rolleyes:

And this kid says Americans don't know anything about football.

As long as Di Natale doesn't play for the Azzurri ever again I'm content.
Di Natale blows. Always an overrated player.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I agree with everyone in that list except de rossi, I really dont think he played bad some of his passing yesterday was great, considering he held together a pretty crappy midfield.
Aquilani next best Italian midfielder my ass :lol: what hope have Italy got there then.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Aquilani could potentially be the most overrated player in Serie A. Buffon stating that Aquilani will become the best player in the WORLD is setting him up for failure. Good job Buffon, thanks for screwing over Roma. :lol2:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Speaking of Ruud, the exclusion of Pippo Inzaghi for an unused Boriello or ineffective Di Natale is really looking like a glaring mistake.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
No it's not. It's debatable if Aquilani is world class ( which I don't think he is yet)

De Rossi is world class. He would start for about any big team in any big league in the world.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Bullshit. Would you like a list of the top teams he would play in?

Juve
Milan
Inter
Barca
Madrid
Arsenal
Valencia
Atletico Madrid
Man Utd
Chelsea
Bayern
Villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)