Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
i could never find a game involving the azzurri or juve boring
So you're an Azzurri fan? I'm not really, I only have a certain sympathy for the country and the playing style. I liked the way they played during the WC where their success was deserved IMO, although I would have prefered a German win due to my nationality. But Wednesday's game was pretty lame, Lithuania did not seem too ambitious and Italy had an almost constant lack creativity and needed two wonder-goals to win, which would not have been necessary if they created more chances.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #583
    it was a weakened squad and despite winning italy really could have done better yet i still found it entertaining

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    *Laughs* Actually I get pretty worked up for all the games win or lose. It's amazing how hyper you can get just by looking at a game. :p
    Yeah! It's a good job they are a thousand miles away from me otherwise I'd be running onto the field and punching anyone who dares to foul a Juve player! My mum tells me she doesn't understand me getting so worked up over "a game" (then she shouts "GOAL" before I do! :p ).

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
    Azzurri: Inzaghi picked for Budapest Saturday 18 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Donadoni has called Pippo Inzaghi and Angelo Palombo for Italy’s friendly test against Hungary next Wednesday.

The Azzurri boss was in the stands for last night’s Trofeo Berlusconi match, in which Inzaghi bagged both of Milan’s goals in the 2-0 victory over Juventus.

Sampdoria midfielder Palombo made his senior international debut in Donadoni’s first match in charge, a 2-0 defeat to Croatia on August 16, 2006, and has two caps to his name.

However, the 25-year-old had not been called up since the 1-1 draw with Turkey on November 15, 2006.

There are precious few new faces in the squad for next Wednesday’s match in Budapest, although Roma’s Alberto Aquilani and Gianluca Curci graduate from the Under-21 side.

Aquilani had made his senior debut in the 1-1 draw with Turkey in November 2006, but returned to the Azzurrini for the European Under-21 Championships.

This is goalkeeper Curci’s first ever senior call-up for the Nazionale and he turned 22 last month.

It is a warm-up for the crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers against France and Ukraine in September and Donadoni had warned this was no time for surprises.

The team must meet in Milan on Monday morning for their first training session.

Italy squad
    Goalkeepers: Amelia, Buffon, Curci
    Defenders: Barzagli, Cannavaro, Grosso, Materazzi, Oddo, Zaccardo, Zambrotta
    Midfielders: Ambrosini, Aquilani, Diana, Gattuso, Palombo, Pirlo
    Forwards: Del Piero, Di Natale, Inzaghi, Quagliarella, Toni

Still no Rosina. :cry:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Azzurri: Inzaghi picked for Budapest Saturday 18 August, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Donadoni has called Pippo Inzaghi and Angelo Palombo for Italy’s friendly test against Hungary next Wednesday.

The Azzurri boss was in the stands for last night’s Trofeo Berlusconi match, in which Inzaghi bagged both of Milan’s goals in the 2-0 victory over Juventus.

Sampdoria midfielder Palombo made his senior international debut in Donadoni’s first match in charge, a 2-0 defeat to Croatia on August 16, 2006, and has two caps to his name.

However, the 25-year-old had not been called up since the 1-1 draw with Turkey on November 15, 2006.

There are precious few new faces in the squad for next Wednesday’s match in Budapest, although Roma’s Alberto Aquilani and Gianluca Curci graduate from the Under-21 side.

Aquilani had made his senior debut in the 1-1 draw with Turkey in November 2006, but returned to the Azzurrini for the European Under-21 Championships.

This is goalkeeper Curci’s first ever senior call-up for the Nazionale and he turned 22 last month.

It is a warm-up for the crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers against France and Ukraine in September and Donadoni had warned this was no time for surprises.

The team must meet in Milan on Monday morning for their first training session.

Italy squad
    Goalkeepers: Amelia, Buffon, Curci
    Defenders: Barzagli, Cannavaro, Grosso, Materazzi, Oddo, Zaccardo, Zambrotta
    Midfielders: Ambrosini, Aquilani, Diana, Gattuso, Palombo, Pirlo
    Forwards: Del Piero, Di Natale, Inzaghi, Quagliarella, Toni

Still no Rosina. :cry:
    and WHY Diana ???:disagree:

Jul 10, 2007
    Donadoni has already announced the players who will play in the National Team against Hungry on wednesday (22nd of august 2007): Marco Amelia(Livorno), Gianluigi Buffon(Juventus), Gianluca Curci(Roma)...Andrea Barzaglie(Palermo), Fabio Cannavaro(Real Madrid), Fabio Grosso(Lyon), Marco Materazzi(Inter), Massimo Oddo(Milan), Christian Zaccardo(Palermo), Gianluca Zambrotta(Barcelona)... Massimo Ambrosini( Milan),Alberto Aquillani (Roma), Emo Diana(Palermo), Gennaro Gattuso(Milan), Angelo Palombo(Sampdoria), Andrea Pirlo(Milan)....Alessandro DelPiero(Juventus), Antonio De Natale( Udenizi), Filippo Inzaghi(Milan), Fabio Quagliarella (Udenizi), Luca Toni ( Bayern Munchen).

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    The Azzurri coach decided not to respond to French coach Domenech's recent controversial declarations and focuses his attention on Wednesday night's friendly.

Italy-France is a game that began quite a while ago for both countries - for the French, who are still bitter about the defeat in the World Cup final of last year despite the partial revenge they obtained in Paris back in September (when they beat the Italians 3-1 in a Euro 2008 qualifier); and for the Italians because of the unpleasantness generated by French coach Raymond Domenech's repeated bashing of the Italian football system.

In this heated atmosphere, coach Roberto Donadoni opted to keep it cool, by not responding to any of the provocations launched by Domenech and keeping his focus solely on the upcoming friendly against Hungary (at least for now).

It it a match that had almost been forgotten, but which might prove important to test the Azzurri's condition ahead of the crucial upcoming qualifiers against the French and Ukraine.

"Italy-France has already begun? I don't think so, maybe the French feel that way but not me," Donadoni declared.

"I have other worries. The game I care about now is Hungary-Italy. I don't need to respond to any of Domenech's declarations. My only thoughts are on the pitch, where the football is played, the rest is all choreography and business."

goal.com

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
    My formation vs Hungary

-----------------Toni
    --Del Piero--------------Quagliarella

------Diana-----Pirlo-----Gattuso

-Zambrotta-Canna-Matrix----Oddo

-----------------Buffon

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    and WHY Diana ???:disagree:
    Anybody know why the likes of Palomba, Diana and Ambrosini were picked ahead of the incredible De Rossi and Perrota? Every national manager seems to have 1 or 2 players they keep picking that makes me very suspicious as regards the true motive. Lippi kept on picking Diana and Iaquinta for reasons that have always eluded me. England managers with Downing and Phil Neville and now you have donadoni first picking Mauri and now Diana

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)