Official: Almiron to Juve (8 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I think a central midfield of say, Zanetti, Frings, Almiron and Paro/Marchisio/Tacchinardi/Nocerino should suffice since we're not in the CL. Then we have a bunch of Primavera players who can fill in, and both Nedved and Camoranesi can do a job there.
i hear alot of Nocerino . is he playing now or is he ocming in the summer?

and i wonder what the club will do with Marchisio. I hear english teams such as tottenham are after him. I think he is important for the future and maby we should loan him to England for experience?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Almiron Feels "Ready For Juventus"

Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron spoke about an imminent transfer to a big club.

zoom - galleria At Empoli, over the past three years, he has come to be known known for the contrast between his professional and personal life: a leader and an enterprising figure on the pitch and in the dressing room, and surprisingly quiet away from football.

Empoli got used to him, but also knew they would have to part with him some time soon.

That is the destiny of players who, like him, are "bred" by their (usually small) clubs only to be sold to bigger ones. The player gets his shot at fame, and the club the financial rewards.

In Almiron's case, it was as much about a promise he made to his father when he first arrived in Italy, at Udinese during Roy Hodgson's reign.

"I promised my dad that I would work hard to join a big team as quickly as possible," he had revealed.

Inter Milan wanted him last summer, but Mr. Almiron advised him otherwise: "Wait, stay another year at Empoli to complete your maturing process, and you will get a chance to prove your worth again, and you will be even more ready by then."

He followed his father's advice, and has now reportedly told soem close friends: "I'm finally ready for a big team like Juventus.

"I always dreamed of joining a big club, but all the while I still gave my all for Empoli and its fans."

It is highly likely that his promise will be coloured in black and white... at Juventus!

Goal.com

it seems a DONE DEAL...Great

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004

Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron spoke about an imminent transfer to a big club.

zoom - galleria At Empoli, over the past three years, he has come to be known known for the contrast between his professional and personal life: a leader and an enterprising figure on the pitch and in the dressing room, and surprisingly quiet away from football.

Empoli got used to him, but also knew they would have to part with him some time soon.

That is the destiny of players who, like him, are "bred" by their (usually small) clubs only to be sold to bigger ones. The player gets his shot at fame, and the club the financial rewards.

In Almiron's case, it was as much about a promise he made to his father when he first arrived in Italy, at Udinese during Roy Hodgson's reign.

"I promised my dad that I would work hard to join a big team as quickly as possible," he had revealed.

Inter Milan wanted him last summer, but Mr. Almiron advised him otherwise: "Wait, stay another year at Empoli to complete your maturing process, and you will get a chance to prove your worth again, and you will be even more ready by then."

He followed his father's advice, and has now reportedly told soem close friends: "I'm finally ready for a big team like Juventus.

"I always dreamed of joining a big club, but all the while I still gave my all for Empoli and its fans."

It is highly likely that his promise will be coloured in black and white... at Juventus!

Goal.com

it seems a DONE DEAL...Great

hahaha...i love when a inter, milan, or roma fans read this one......:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he'll be a good buy for sure. whether he starts or is a squad player, who really knows. With Frings also certain to join, it does make a good central pairing where both players can defend well but also offer something moving forward.

It doesnt seem like DD will buy a playmaker to sit behind the strikers, he'll most likely look at wingers, especially if Camoranesi leaves.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Juventus close to Almiron Tuesday 24 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are in pole position to sign Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron, confirmed the player’s agent Claudio Vagheggi.

The Argentine, who has been a key figure in Tuscany over the last two years, is wanted by several major clubs as recently confirmed by club President Fabrizio Corsi.

“At this moment in time Almiron is closer to Juventus than to other clubs,” said Vagheggi this afternoon.

“The Turin outfit has expressed its interest and has been more convincing than others, keeping constant contact with Empoli.

“Sergio however is also liked by Inter, who we will speak with shortly. In any case I want one thing to be clear, dismissing what was written on Tuttosport that the lad prefers Juventus.

“This is not true, Almiron is a professional, who is proud of being courted by so many important clubs.”

Vagheggi believes his client’s future could be with Inter, but that will probably depend on their other market moves.

“The player is valued at something between £3.5 and £7m, Juve are ready but we are considering other interesting offers as well, like the one from Inter,” he added.

“Sergio’s future with them depends on David Pizarro’s co-ownership. I think the Chilean will stay at Roma, so…don’t make me add anything else.”

Channel 4

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
10m €??? Let him go to Inter...Are they still listening to our calls or what? Every player linked to Juve gets linked to Inter a couple of days later. Today I read that Inter are close to sign Pato to replace Recoba. :rolleyes:

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Juventus close to Almiron Tuesday 24 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are in pole position to sign Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron, confirmed the player’s agent Claudio Vagheggi.

The Argentine, who has been a key figure in Tuscany over the last two years, is wanted by several major clubs as recently confirmed by club President Fabrizio Corsi.

“At this moment in time Almiron is closer to Juventus than to other clubs,” said Vagheggi this afternoon.

“The Turin outfit has expressed its interest and has been more convincing than others, keeping constant contact with Empoli.

“Sergio however is also liked by Inter, who we will speak with shortly. In any case I want one thing to be clear, dismissing what was written on Tuttosport that the lad prefers Juventus.

“This is not true, Almiron is a professional, who is proud of being courted by so many important clubs.”

Vagheggi believes his client’s future could be with Inter, but that will probably depend on their other market moves.

“The player is valued at something between £3.5 and £7m, Juve are ready but we are considering other interesting offers as well, like the one from Inter,” he added.

“Sergio’s future with them depends on David Pizarro’s co-ownership. I think the Chilean will stay at Roma, so…don’t make me add anything else.”

Channel 4
This report says as if we are far from close, not in pole position !!!!
it seems that Inter loves to disturbe our market which already not normal ....hope we can snap great players ...:sigh: .... u know guys , the problem is that Moggi has a lot of powerfull relationship and influential sources and people around him ..which indeed, not a year or two experience , almost 20 years , compared to a new boy in the hood like Secco , bad but it's true ....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
10m €??? Let him go to Inter...Are they still listening to our calls or what? Every player linked to Juve gets linked to Inter a couple of days later. Today I read that Inter are close to sign Pato to replace Recoba. :rolleyes:
10m € could be a bargin for what Almiron would help us acheive in midfield. He's not worth such money right now but with his passing range and creativity in midfield, something we have missed for a long time, the investment will be worth it. Personally I've always thought Almiron was an underrated player.

Frings would provide the steel while Almiron would provide the passes. Sounds like a good combination to me.

Jul 5, 2005
Almiron Feels "Ready For Juventus" Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron spoke about an imminent transfer to a big club.

At Empoli, over the past three years, he has come to be known known for the contrast between his professional and personal life: a leader and an enterprising figure on the pitch and in the dressing room, and surprisingly quiet away from football.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=285142

Jul 5, 2005
I heard that he is playing style is like Veron's so i think that he is great solution in our midfield and if he can be ruler in this area and also have the abilities to make good passings and predict the moves of the opponent. I believe that in the future he will be better player than Vieira.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think the club shoudl go for him considering there are no other transfer rumours as concrete as this for the midfield position. We have Frings for sure, but we need a partner for him who can be creative..Almiron fits the bill.

The question is though, if not Almiron, then who?? Mavuba was rumoured a while ago, but since there has been nothing. Diego the same. Zanetti, Paro, Marchisio, Tacchinardi...doubt they'll start or be good enough. No real playmaker has been rumoured either.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
That´s like replacing a wall, Recoba doesn´t even play. :rolleyes:

Doesn't make it sound like the done deal that other places have suggested.
:agree:

If we can get somebody better then I'd drop Almiron in a second.
:agree:

This report says as if we are far from close, not in pole position! it seems that Inter loves to disturbe our market which already not normal ....hope we can snap great players ...:sigh:
Change your signature, there are no done deals, you see? We didn´t even sign Almiron.

Jul 5, 2005
Bad News...

Fiorentina step up plans for Juventus target Almiron
tribalfooball.com - April 24, 2007

The agent of Empoli midfielder Sergio Almiron says Fiorentina and Juventus are going head-to-head for the Argentine.

Juve were expected to have a clear run at Almiron, but Claudio Vagheggi revealed: "Fiorentina are definitely keen.

"There's many clubs involved, but it is Juventus and Fiorentina which are showing the most interest.

"I plan to speak with (Fiorentina sports director Pantaleo) Corvino over the next few days."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)