Official AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football) (3 Viewers)

OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #103
    Yea But in reality Adelaide has no pull for players who weren't from here originally. Melbourne and Sydney are both big and exciting cities that can attract players on their own. Adelaide can't. Therefore the only way to get player via free agency is if they are South Australians already and want to come home. A lot of South Australians don't want to come home, they prefer Melbourne. Take your boy Gibbs, Streven Trigg would give his left nut to get him back to Adelaide, he won't come for anything.

We have to realise that the AFL is becoming like all the other elite sports around the world, the big teams win and the rest fight over the scraps

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Yeah Gibbs wont leave now, I was thinking that Goddard might want the blues given he supported us as a kid. If you don't lose any players your team will be pretty good, you can't lose Dangerfield or Tippet..You might make finals this year which will be a boost. Jacobs was a good pick up for you.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #105
    Jacobs is the perfect example. He's from a town of about 2000 that all have lead poisoning. Melbourne was like New York to him. Shit even sleepy Adelaide is too big for him. I know i wouldn't come back if I was playing professional sport here in Adelaide.

Tippet is interesting, I would have traded him at the end of last season if the right deal came along. There's no doubt he ants to go back to QLD but we don't want him to go after all the other teams realise that he's peeked already and never getting any better.

Carlton are set to explode I reckon. Another decent Key forward and a defender to replace Scotland and theres a good 5 years of dominance. A goddard would just seal the deal

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
    Yeah Gibbs wont leave now, I was thinking that Goddard might want the blues given he supported us as a kid. If you don't lose any players your team will be pretty good, you can't lose Dangerfield or Tippet..You might make finals this year which will be a boost. Jacobs was a good pick up for you.

Your a blues supporter? CARN THE DONS!!!!!!!*

*Secretly scared essendon will be raped by the blues on saturday.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #109
    :tup: +rep

how I miss the days when lloydy, hird, lucas, peverill, rioli, long, misiti, heffernan, rama etc were playing
    What happened to Peverill? He had that awesome first season when he was still rookie listed, followed up with an alright season then it was all downhill from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)