Official AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football) (1 Viewer)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just a lack of respect to the opposition, and why flirt with form. If Gold Coast had of won Hawthorn would have looked like a laughing stock. I don't like that crap. I'm not against resting players but they could manage that a little better and not rest them all in the same game. And the season is only 22 games long pee team, they are paid to be professional sportsmen, barring injury all of them should be able to get through 22 games
Who really cares about lack of respect. Teams do this in every sport. You have to manage your players and if you don't you're risking injuries ahead of finals. Its not the same as fielding a crap team when you're at the bottom of the ladder (like those cheaters Carlton), because the incentive to lose is much greater when you're in the bottom four as opposed to the top. The season is longer, the playing time during games is greater and the pace of the game is increasing.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Maxwell is overrated, you boys will win the final again.
He is the best at what he does though. Plays the loose backman role to perfection and always works his arse off to help his team mates.

You going to the game tomorrow night?

OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #44
    Harvey sacked, Lyon quits St Kilda and will replace Harvey in Fremantle. Melbourne now are too far behind Adelaide and the Bulldogs because they missed out on their man, a big day in AFL!

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    He is the best at what he does though. Plays the loose backman role to perfection and always works his arse off to help his team mates.

You going to the game tomorrow night?
    Just saw this now, nah didn't go. I can't see us beating the Eagles, too tall.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #48
    You guys played awesome after quarter time last week. If you bring that form you guys have every chance. Have they confirmed Gibbs is out? His flexibility and cool head in defense will be missed if he doesn't play

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Suck the largest of dicks Carlton :lol: Throwing games and breaching salary caps gets you nowhere. No chance of a Grand final without some key players in your side.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    They got a few decisions, one ball that wasn't, they got away with a ball, a goal scored from each. Thats home ground advantage for you. Boys were really brave, a bit more luck with injuries and we would have won. We need a big power forward.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Carlton have won grandfinals off 'advantages' before. You really need someone like Fev back. I used to fear you guys when you had Fev. This season has been all about your midfield. Relying on Chris Judd way too much to win you games and to be honest maybe this will shut up you guys for a while. Each season you talk yourselves up more than any other club in the AFL.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    I think the whole Judd carrying Carlton has been put to bed. Murphy was fantastic this year.
    I just don't see who we can get as a big forward...As much as I hate him, Hawkins?

I don't see why we didn't bring in Hampson for this game by the way.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    The more and more I watch real football over the past few years, the more I think AFL is an average sport. Definitely a lot less skill compared to football. I don't really get 1/10 as passionate watching Essendon compared to Juventus or Azzuri games.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
    Carlton don't really need to go all out for a big forward. You need one more class midfielder and you will run over the top of anyone. Trade Gibbs for someone that can ball it in the engine room.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #59
    Carlton don't really need to go all out for a big forward. You need one more class midfielder and you will run over the top of anyone. Trade Gibbs for someone that can ball it in the engine room.
    Good idea! we'll take him at the crows!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)