Official AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football) (2 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Rank
1 Collingwood 76
2 Geelong Cats 72
3 Hawthorn 64
4 West Coast Eagles 60
5 Carlton 58
6 St Kilda 42
7 Sydney Swans 42
8 Essendon 42

9 North Melbourne 36
10 Fremantle 36
11 Western Bulldogs 32
12 Richmond 30
13 Melbourne 30
14 Adelaide Crows 28
15 Brisbane Lions 16
16 Gold Coast Suns 12
17 Port Adelaide 8

OP
Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #23
    I'm so happy to see Port on the bottom of the ladder. And knowing that there has never been this many teams in the AFL before and knowing that they will be the first team to finish 17th making them the worst team in AFL history is really quite pleasing

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    At the same time I feel a bit sorry for them considering how the AFL has stitched these kinds of clubs in terms of draft picks and recruiting. These Grand finals that the Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney will probably win in a matter of years are going to mean nothing in my eyes.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #26
    At the same time I feel a bit sorry for them considering how the AFL has stitched these kinds of clubs in terms of draft picks and recruiting. These Grand finals that the Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney will probably win in a matter of years are going to mean nothing in my eyes.
    these teams have 2 things going against them.
    1 - They have the best of the best youth going round. Normally these players turn out to be stars and stars demand big money, even with their extended salary cap they won't be able to keep them all.
    2 - Like all non-victorian teams they are going to struggle to keep victorian players from getting home-sick and wanting to go home

Does Port have any money left?
    They have as much money that the AFL is willing to dish out. If the AFL has kept, the bulldogs, North Melbourne and Melbourne afloat for so many years then Port or any other team that needs financial support deserves it. All teams must be equal to the AFL, and if they let Port die then they must let all struggling clubs die also. You never know, one day they may even have a fair draw and force all teams to get rotating Friday night home games and maybe one year schedule Collingwood to play every interstate team away one year, they may even give struggling teams time slots that force their games to be played on free to air TV and not the exclusive Foxtel games. But then the fat greek wouldn't be artificially meeting his targets would he?? :boh:

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    :agree:

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #31
    Question for all you AFL lovers, what are your thoughts and opinions of Andrew Demetriou? Personally I think he comes across as a smug, arrogant fucking arsehole.
    He's a cunt that only looks after his own backyard. He sacrifices the integrity and equality of the game for $$.

Anyway did anyone watch the footy show (afl) tonight? One of the worst. We all know everything is set up but it's so obvious now. I still love Sam though

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Question for all you AFL lovers, what are your thoughts and opinions of Andrew Demetriou? Personally I think he comes across as a smug, arrogant fucking arsehole.
    :lol: Yeah Andrew Demetriou is a massive dick head but a great businessman. You can tell he's heartless especially because of how he wanted to merge North Melbourne (his former club) but that's why he makes the AFL so much money. Attendance in Queensland has already doubled and ratings are also quite good for the first time since Brisbane one a flag. He's doing a hell of a job at expanding the game but he's also changing the game quite a bit for the worse in the name of profits.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    My cousins in WA all support Freo.

Dale Thomas just extended his contract yeahh buddehhh. Good to see GWS didn't snap him up. I already hate them for their unscrupulous 'under the table' dealings with players during non transfer periods.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #36
    What about what Hawthorn have done for this weekend. Don't like that show of arrogance

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I don't see why they wouldn't do it. The season is way longer and the new interchange rule has taken its toll.

OP
    Cirillo

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #38
    Just a lack of respect to the opposition, and why flirt with form. If Gold Coast had of won Hawthorn would have looked like a laughing stock. I don't like that crap. I'm not against resting players but they could manage that a little better and not rest them all in the same game. And the season is only 22 games long pee team, they are paid to be professional sportsmen, barring injury all of them should be able to get through 22 games

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Hey Nenna what happened to Collingwood. I know it was a nothing game and they prob wernt trying that hard but it was still a big margin :p
    I don't know man. We also played poorly last round of last season against Hawthorn and lost that game after a long winning streak. It seemed like we were doing everything wrong. Our main problem was poor disposal and that can be put down mainly to Geelongs great pressure. I don't know what our game 'structure' is, but I'm sure as hell that we weren't following it. For the first time in over a season and a half I saw free men in our defensive 50. To be honest we were never going to win that game, but the reason we lost so badly is because of our defense. We were missing Shaw, Davis and Maxwell - three All Australian candidates. Toovey, Leighroy Brown, Goldsack and even Reid who will certainly be this years All Australian full back had terrible games. I personally hoped we would drop Goldsack considering he had the worst game I've seen from a Collingwood player in years.

FINALS BITCHES! Who's ready to lose to Collingwood? Yeah fuck ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)