Offensive problems (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic tends to hold on to the ball for too long, so we have to try and teach him when is the right time to let go.”

Capello after the Udinese match
Capello is so right. I have no problem whatsoever with players who like to hold the ball and run at defenders but Zlatan needs to learn when enough is enough. Ibrahimovic and Ronaldinho both have mad skills, but the difference between the two is that the latter knows when to release the ball. Hopefully Z learns like Cris Ronaldo did.

Buy on AliExpress.com

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
no worry. he is disappointed now and he will learn it sooner or later. i don't think he will as good as Ronaldinho, but i can see that he will be better than trez in the future.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Capello is so right. I have no problem whatsoever with players who like to hold the ball and run at defenders but Zlatan needs to learn when enough is enough. Ibrahimovic and Ronaldinho both have mad skills, but the difference between the two is that the latter knows when to release the ball. Hopefully Z learns like Cris Ronaldo did.
His touch can only improve as well. Once he does learn, we'll have an incredible weapon on our hands.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Zlatan is better than Christiano Ronaldo thats for sure:D.. boys like Chris Ronaldo we have a million in this world...Zlatan is special i hope he can adjust to the Juve system:cheesy:.. but really we don't have offensive problems.. that's the biggest non-sense i've heard since we've bought Zlatan and in the winter Cassano..and don't forget we can bring Maresca home whenever we want:angel: we already have Zalayeta,Kapo,Ale and Trez...:boxing:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
But then you consider some of the top CL competition:

Arsenal: Wiltord
Chelsea: Crespo (way too much money here!)
ManU: Diego Forlan (accounting for injuries)
Valencia: Ricardo Olivera
Barca: Quaresma
Real Madrid: would you believe Morientes at 5 minutes in all of 2003-4?
FYI,wiltord,crespo,quaresma and forlan have all left their clubs:)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

FYI,wiltord,crespo,quaresma and forlan have all left their clubs:)
So has Ricardo Oliveira if I'm not mistaken.

@Maurizio: Nah, Ronaldo is going to be a world-class winger, mark my words.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maurizio ] ++

Zlatan is better than Christiano Ronaldo thats for sure:D.. boys like Chris Ronaldo we have a million in this world...Zlatan is special i hope he can adjust to the Juve system:cheesy:.. but really we don't have offensive problems.. that's the biggest non-sense i've heard since we've bought Zlatan and in the winter Cassano..and don't forget we can bring Maresca home whenever we want:angel: we already have Zalayeta,Kapo,Ale and Trez...:boxing:
Well, I don't quite see Zlatan being better than C.Ronaldo, he looks more flashier. But may be coz he's in the premier league where the defense is not as tight as in Italy. But I do see Zlatan becoming great by mid this season.

Juve is in need of strikers! Even from the start of the season since we let miccoli out. Face it, DP's days are numbered! Trez too prone to injuries. So for me, we only have 1 striker which is Zlatan! and 1 sub which is Zalayeta.

We need more, say Bojinov (if he's not too expensive), or recall Sculli, or buy back miccoli. But whatever we do we need strikers with pace! To complement Zlatan. Its time to forget Dp-Trez duo and start building another partnership, IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A loan bid for Morientes or Mutu sounds good but I'm still not convinced that we need to purchase a striker in January.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
Well, I don't quite see Zlatan being better than C.Ronaldo, he looks more flashier. But may be coz he's in the premier league where the defense is not as tight as in Italy. But I do see Zlatan becoming great by mid this season.
To compare Zlatan and C. Ronaldo is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Zlatan is more of a creative forward, and Ronaldo is more of an attacking wing ... known more for his ball control skills, crosses, and headers than for any striking abilities.

Everyone seems on the Zlatan-bashing bandwagon these days. Yeah, he's got quite a few nasty habits he needs to work out on the pitch. But sheesh -- the guy has three goals in 5 Serie A matches thus far. That's as many as Adriano ... and three times as many as Gilardino, Miccoli, or Cassano.

We can't fall into the Inter mentality of "keep changing things until they fix themselves" here -- that Canna so well pointed out this week. You have to give him some time with the proper coaching (and that we have) to work out the kinks.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Here is what we can expect to happen this year-

DP and Trez will no doubt get injured, and most likely, it will be at around the same time (with our luck!!)

This will leave Zlatan and Zalayeta to be our starters. I have little faith in Zalayeta, and could see our offense produce few goals.

We have no 5th striker, so getting rid of Miccoli really makes no sense to me......................
reading the future
what a predictions

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Being Drogba injured, i dont think Mourinho will get rid of Mutu. Morientes could be another good option.....
but Mutu said that they have "openly bad relations" and that he wants to leave...

And Dr.Juve, it wasn't that hard to guess, was it?! No offense to Vinman though...

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
certainly when look look at how many games we have won 1-0, it suggests that we need more attacking options. Especially since those scores were not aginst the Milans and the Inter's of the world, so who knows if we'll be able to score enough against a top team. and while our defence looks good on paper, who knows how it will fare against, Totti, Cassano, Adriano, etc

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
certainly when look look at how many games we have won 1-0, it suggests that we need more attacking options. Especially since those scores were not aginst the Milans and the Inter's of the world, so who knows if we'll be able to score enough against a top team. and while our defence looks good on paper, who knows how it will fare against, Totti, Cassano, Adriano, etc
this is exactly what im afraid off im very confident of our defence but still what about that offence and now that trzegol is gone hows this going to work..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)