Nooooooooooo!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
(he may not be the best Italian player ever yet, but he's up there with the very best IMO, and has achieved a lot more at club level than Baggio for instance )
Whoa, whoa! I agreed with everthing you said except that last part.

Baggio's accomplishments:

1993 - World Footballer of the Year
1993 - European Footballer of the Year
1993 - UEFA Cup champion
1994 - World Cup U.S.A. second place
1995 - Serie A champion 1994/95
1995 - Coppa Italia champion 1994/95
1996 - Serie A champion 1995/96

Totti's Accomplishments:

2001 - Serie A Champion 2000/01

More than Baggio, not likely, he hasn't even won more than Del Piero yet, so he shouldn't brag nothin!

Hey guys, the whole gay Cassano thing was just to mess with Nicole! Besides, IMO he probably is gay. Good for the guys, bad for the ladies.

(pic added of Totti when he was a bit more mature!)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

did he send some food top africa or what? what are his 23 serie a goals worth when kids are starving?
I meant you can't really call a player cocky for being proud of the fact he scored 23 goals whilst you haven't even played in serie A yourself.

Dec 27, 2003
Seven,

If you re-read what I stated, you will note that I was referring to Baggio's achievements at club level only.

the only club competition in Baggio's list of awards in which he played an active and even decisive role was the 1993 UEFA Cup win, where he almost single-handedly won the semi against PSG and the final against Dortmund (and for which he was awarded the Golden Ball eventually). When Juve won the scudetto in 95, Baggio had already been exiled from the team by Lippi to the benefit of Del Piero, just as he played a marginal role in the scudetto he won with Milan the year after.

The truth is that Baggio has never steadily asserted himself with a big team at club level. He played his best seasons with small/medium clubs such as Fiorentina, Bologna and Brescia. He has never been THE decisive factor (except in 93), for better or for worse, of a big club's fate like Totti has been/is for Roma. Failing to be the "champion of a single club", Baggio has managed to be the "champion of all italians" with the NT.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

Whoa, whoa! I agreed with everthing you said except that last part.

Baggio's accomplishments:

1993 - World Footballer of the Year
1993 - European Footballer of the Year
1993 - UEFA Cup champion
1994 - World Cup U.S.A. second place
1995 - Serie A champion 1994/95
1995 - Coppa Italia champion 1994/95
1996 - Serie A champion 1995/96

Totti's Accomplishments:

2001 - Serie A Champion 2000/01

More than Baggio, not likely, he hasn't even won more than Del Piero yet, so he shouldn't brag nothin!

Hey guys, the whole gay Cassano thing was just to mess with Nicole! Besides, IMO he probably is gay. Good for the guys, bad for the ladies.

(pic added of Totti when he was a bit more mature!)
That picture reminds me of the good old days where I really liked Roma. Back in the day where Konsel was keeping and Paulo Sergio was there striker. What ever happened to him?

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Seven,

If you re-read what I stated, you will note that I was referring to Baggio's achievements at club level only.

the only club competition in Baggio's list of awards in which he played an active and even decisive role was the 1993 UEFA Cup win, where he almost single-handedly won the semi against PSG and the final against Dortmund (and for which he was awarded the Golden Ball eventually). When Juve won the scudetto in 95, Baggio had already been exiled from the team by Lippi to the benefit of Del Piero, just as he played a marginal role in the scudetto he won with Milan the year after.

The truth is that Baggio has never steadily asserted himself with a big team at club level. He played his best seasons with small/medium clubs such as Fiorentina, Bologna and Brescia. He has never been THE decisive factor (except in 93), for better or for worse, of a big club's fate like Totti has been/is for Roma. Failing to be the "champion of a single club", Baggio has managed to be the "champion of all italians" with the NT.
Good explanation, however, you wrote that he accomplishment more on a team level. untrue, but if you want to be technical, I could still argue that Baggio was greater than Totti. Francesco has the potential, but IMO it's being wasted. Maybe Lippi can straighten his ass out. If there is one coach who wouldn't let him play, Lippi would be that one. Trap is partially to blame for his over-inflated head. Centering the team around him in every match is too much of a risk for this hot headed diver.

IMO, MONTELLA should take his place on la Nazionale!!
There... I said... Give me a rebuttal...I dare you....

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
TOTTI COULD QUIT AFTER NEXT WORLD CUP

=============================================

Italy international Francesco Totti has claimed he may retire from international football after the 2006 World Cup.

The Roma captain has hinted that the finals in Germany could be his last tournament in Azzurri colours.

"After the World Cup I could leave the national team," said Totti in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport

He's lying, he just wants more people to support him in the next World Cup. What a doosh!:groan:

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
wht a joke,we cant compare achievemnts of totti to DP,DP won 6 Scudetto with us + a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,something roma will not ever dream off :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Last season, Totti was the best player in Serie A -- let alone the best in Italy. But his international appearances have been something of Waiting for Godot.

He's always found ways to disqualify and/or embarass himself without making a real impact on the Italy NT. I would argue that these days, De Rossi would be a stronger Roma midfielder for the NT than Totti would be. Totti just seems to find too many ways too often to fall on his face on the international stage. He's just not reliable, despite his many opportunities. I say Lippi continues to look elsewhere until Totti can prove himself.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++
TOTTI COULD QUIT AFTER NEXT WORLD CUP

Italy international Francesco Totti has claimed he may retire from international football after the 2006 World Cup.

The Roma captain has hinted that the finals in Germany could be his last tournament in Azzurri colours.

"After the World Cup I could leave the national team," said Totti in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport

He's lying, he just wants more people to support him in the next World Cup. What a doosh!:groan:
He never even state the reason for leaving the NT.
Another news by Totti to boost his fame?
Or is he too ashamed of himself?

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

I meant you can't really call a player cocky for being proud of the fact he scored 23 goals whilst you haven't even played in serie A yourself.
even if you scored 23 goals, you should still pass the ball to your teammates instead of trying to blindlessly score when a greater opportunity lies with your teammates. gilardino thinks about himself first, not for the benefit of the team. even greater players than him, who has scored more in europe level let alone serie a, are not that selfish.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
From what I see, England tends to take pride of themselves but forgetting that in the real world, they're not really "it". They brag, but don't improve.
Who doesnt take pride in their own country? Maybe because your supporting a nation thats not your own you dont understand that. Its more than football dumbass :rolleyes:

And why would we drop Becks? Sure he had a bad tournament, but hes sill easily our best right mid.

The Swede must and will go.

England in the same position as Italy? Hmm depends. England have alot of great young players coming through, and unlike Italy we will play them and not rely on half assed Del Pieros and Vieris. England have never picked their players on reputation, except Sven with Becks, but again why drop Becks when we have no one to replace him?

And yeah we do have Rooney, who you hate and can say whatever you want about right now, but sooner or later you'll release Rooney is a step above anything you have ;)

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Who doesnt take pride in their own country? Maybe because your supporting a nation thats not your own you dont understand that. Its more than football dumbass :rolleyes:

And why would we drop Becks? Sure he had a bad tournament, but hes sill easily our best right mid.

The Swede must and will go.

England in the same position as Italy? Hmm depends. England have alot of great young players coming through, and unlike Italy we will play them and not rely on half assed Del Pieros and Vieris. England have never picked their players on reputation, except Sven with Becks, but again why drop Becks when we have no one to replace him?

And yeah we do have Rooney, who you hate and can say whatever you want about right now, but sooner or later you'll release Rooney is a step above anything you have ;)
River, you got some good points there. But I feel that you don't understand why Becks is the Captain and always kept on the team. Marketing, simple marketing. For that same reason, Italy has been stuck with Vieri, Del Piero and Totti ALWAYS getting on the NT. If they can sell more tickets and shirts, then they will always get a spot. True, in Italy it's like this to a greater degree than in England. HOWEVER, with Lippi as coach, that won't happen until his replacement. Take a look at the call ups for Volpi and Toni. They never expected to get a shot. I see some serious NT ommisions and career ending blocks in the near future.

England has a multitude of players for every position and I believe you could easily find a replacement for Becks. Sven, he is simply a pawn for the FA, otherwise he would have been sacked a long time ago. Who do you think they could use as a replacement for him?

Rooney, he's special. He is definetely the future of England. Just make sure not to overwork him. You don't want him to end up being a vegetable of a footballer after 2 years of exhaustion.

Raise your hand if you think BECKHAM and TOTTI are overrated!!!
:rofl:

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Last season, Totti was the best player in Serie A -- let alone the best in Italy. But his international appearances have been something of Waiting for Godot.

He's always found ways to disqualify and/or embarass himself without making a real impact on the Italy NT. I would argue that these days, De Rossi would be a stronger Roma midfielder for the NT than Totti would be. Totti just seems to find too many ways too often to fall on his face on the international stage. He's just not reliable, despite his many opportunities. I say Lippi continues to look elsewhere until Totti can prove himself.
De Rossi is not quite the same kind of player. I can see him fit perfectly in a 4-3-1-2 formation, with him, Pirlo and Gattuso forming a strong and gifted defensive midline behind, of course, Totti.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Totti quitting Italy would be a disaster for the Azzuri IMO....that guy still has a lot to offer......although I hate him, he still remains the backbone of Italy's attack....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)