Nooooooooooo!!!!! (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
I think Gila would do great in roma. he seems to already have that cockiness and arrogance inside himself when I saw matches of italia u-21. Bah. One good season and you get so cocky. go to hell.
He has done more you ever have.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Lampard is good, why do you want to axe him?
No, he means axe erikson and becks. And saying that Lampard gerrard and cole are good.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

He has done more you ever have.
Sorry? I have no problem with 'arrogant' or difficult players who actually are proven, talented players and have put their clubs or teams ahead, but gilardino had just ONE good season and isn't fully proven yet and already he's getting all cocky is just irritating. Heck, De Rossi has more right to be arrogant than him

Sep 28, 2002
fli tell me you're joking. you're not starting to support england, are you?
what, i always did. since i started following football. i always liked italy and england, but now that italy is revolving around my most hated player its rather difficult to cheer for them. will be back to normal when totti will retire though.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #109
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    Totti probably would be a model, but like I said, Cassano is far better looking then Totti is!
    That's not really saying much though, Totti is an ugly mug.

++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Love your thread title Marts :D
    I live to serve ;)

++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
    Totti's attitude is something that can be changed.
    Well you're optimistic :D

And to the homophobes: Totti's gay, Cassano's gay, I'm gay, Sergio is gay, everyone is gay but you. Deal with it. :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    not really imo. they just need to axe beckham and eriksson. lampard, gerrard, cole. not bad at all if you ask me. besides, they have rooooooooney.
    Thats not very convincing to me Fli.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    I don't think it should matter a great deal if Totti retires or not. A team shouldn't be so dependant on a player especially when there are many other, just as sucessfull alternatives available.

I never said though, that Totti should retire. Just saying, it shouldn't be such a big deal.

Dec 27, 2003
    I'd like to go further with my comparison beteween Mancini and Totti. Besides having both had a promising international career start that was never (or not yet, in Totti's case) confirmed, both of them play(ed) in a team other than one of the traditional big three (Milan, Juve, Inter). Both were, in different ways, "prophets in their country". With Vialli and Lombardo, Mancio formed that historic trio of jolly pals (completed with Cerezo, Pagliuca, Katanec, Vierchowod etc) who gained the affection of many non-Samp fans across Italy in the late 80's/early 90's. (Sampdoria was re-named the "squadra simpatia", the sympathy team, as a result). The happy-go-lucky attitude that reigned in Genoa in those years was one fundamental key to their successes. This was in sheer contrast with the austerity and seriousness characterized by the National Team's preparation to games and tournaments, and it's obvious that Mancio has been affected by it (as has Vialli btw), much more so than, say, Roby Baggio, who was used to the cold and permanently tense Turinese climate. Similarly, Totti is the "enfant du pays" in Rome. He is treated like a little emperor who has the power to influence his president in the transfer campaign and to send dissidents (read Emerson) into exile. Most importantly, he is rarely asked to take responsibility for his actions, as he would promptly be in a Northern team. Another player that found himself in that situation was Signori : the most deadly and voracious scoring machine around with Lazio, he looked like a Zalayeta with the azzurri. So being treated like an equal by his teammates while at the same time having to cope with a much larger and much more critical fan base might be a major reason for Totti's underperforming and outbursts under the NT shirt. Now, I don't know if a move to a Northern team could help (I certainly wouldn't hate the idea of having him at Milan), but, again, I think it'd be a great pity if a player that has illuminated the serie A so consistently (he may not be the best Italian player ever yet, but he's up there with the very best IMO, and has achieved a lot more at club level than Baggio for instance) didn't leave a tangible mark with the Squadra too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    wow fli. im shocked. you never strike me as an england fan. anyhow, i only like lampard :D rooney has massive talent, but not really fond of him
    How can Fliakis not be an England fan? I always thought he would cheer for England... isn't it obvious?

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    England is just in the same sorry position as Italy IMO.
    IMO we're in a much worse position than Italy. Italy have the players but lacked the right mentality and coach. We just have a bunch of wank players and a coach who doesn't have the balls to pick players on their merits

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

IMO we're in a much worse position than Italy. Italy have the players but lacked the right mentality and coach. We just have a bunch of wank players and a coach who doesn't have the balls to pick players on their merits
    Well I can't disagree with that. And if I was English, I would be pissed that our Captain is Mr. Beckham. Surely there must be a better choice than that. But maybe skill-wise, no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)