Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (12 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And ignores the woke movements and cancel culture in the west.
That argument is disingenuous.

Cancel culture has nothing to do with human rights. What you describe as 'woke' is awareness of racism and discrimination, part of which revolves around LGBTQ rights. This is only a small fraction of human rights. You latch on to these themes, because you know they are contested almost everywhere in the world.

The violations that take place in Saudi Arabia revolve around the freedom of speech, the right to a fair trial and the right to free choice of religion. There is no debate about these rights. In fact, they are so commonly accepted, that even Saudi Arabia would publicly claim to honor them.

Last edited:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
That argument is disingenuous.

Cancel culture has nothing to do with human rights. What you describe as 'woke' is awareness of racism and discrimination, part of which revolves around LGBTQ rights. This is only a small fraction of human rights. You latch on to these themes, because you know they are contested almost everywhere in the world.

The violations that take place in Saudi Arabia revolve around the freedom of speech, the right to a fair trial and the right to free choice of religion. There is no debate about these rights. in fact, they are so commonly accepted, that even Saudi Arabia would publicly claim to honor them.
Woke/cancel culture 'limits' freedom of speech. People can lose their jobs, or students can be expelled from schools, simply for expressing an opinion. This should also be considered a violation of human rights.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There's nothing ghey or hypocritical about it. Maximize your earnings is one thing, we all get that, but the one contention he has with that choice is the insanely heinous human rights violations in your new place of work. Who you are hired for mainly to normalise and cover up the headlines of sentencing people to death for anything.

Everyone makes their own choice, and what matters to them (and agree with Seven that shouldn't speak on his colleagues like that) , but who can truly blame Kroos if that's a deal breaker for him?

It's nothing like going from Bayern to Real at all. Unless Perez had a gulag or firing squad executions we didn't know about.
It's gay as fuck because it's holier than thou german bullshit, of course they move for money just like he moved for money to the team nicknamed the galacticos. They are professionals. Real Madrid players don't get to lecture anybody about love of the game when their whole existence has been state sponsored from the days of Franco.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's gay as fuck because it's holier than thou german bullshit, of course they move for money just like he moved for money to the team nicknamed the galacticos. They are professionals. Real Madrid players don't get to lecture anybody about love of the game when their whole existence has been state sponsored from the days of Franco.
Kroos could go to Saudi Arabia this very second and earn at least 10M more than he is making now.

So there goes your argument.

Hazard doesn't even care enough to play for any team. Dude'd rather retire. Same goes for Bale.

Again, the money is not everything for everyone.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Kroos could go to Saudi Arabia this very second and earn at least 10M more than he is making now.

So there goes your argument.

Hazard doesn't even care enough to play for any team. Dude'd rather retire. Same goes for Bale.

Again, the money is not everything for everyone.

My argument goes nowhere, who is he or you to say what's enough? Playing for the love of the game means being a fan of a team you have a connection with and staying there, regardless of money or trophies. It's surely not playing for real madrid as an east german.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My argument goes nowhere, who is he or you to say what's enough? Playing for the love of the game means being a fan of a team you have a connection with and staying there, regardless of money or trophies. It's surely not playing for real madrid as an east german.
Real Madrid is arguably the only team in the world anyone would be proud to play for. It's Real Madrid FFS.

Who are we to say what's enough? That's an argument that doesn't really mean anything. Everything is opinion here. I think it's a cunt move to play for a country with mass human rights violations just to earn an extra dollar, when you already have tens of millions in the bank.

I'm allowed to have that opinion.

Of course, I wouldn't be allowed that opinion in.. you know, Saudi Arabia.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Real Madrid is arguably the only team in the world anyone would be proud to play for. It's Real Madrid FFS.

Who are we to say what's enough? That's an argument that doesn't really mean anything. Everything is opinion here. I think it's a cunt move to play for a country with mass human rights violations just to earn an extra dollar, when you already have tens of millions in the bank.

I'm allowed to have that opinion.

Of course, I wouldn't be allowed that opinion in.. you know, Saudi Arabia.
It's not opinion when you use it as a logical contradiction to upend the argument that he moved for big money himself. So saying my(kroos) big is much lower than your big is not opinion, in this case it's the definition of being an entitled fag. We have discussed this before, growing up in poverty and need gives you a very different perception of money when you get rich.

Dont make me defend saudi ffs, but if your concern is that of human rights then no real madrid would not be on the top of the list of clubs you would want to join, beyond the name it was the pride and joy of someone who trampled human rights even worse than the saudis, and still represents that to this day hence the animosity with barcelona. So is he just a ditzy brainless ignorant karen who gets swayed by social media or a bona fide hypocrite?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's not opinion when you use it as a logical contradiction to upend the argument that he moved for big money himself. So saying my(kroos) big is much lower than your big is not opinion, in this case it's the definition of being an entitled fag. We have discussed this before, growing up in poverty and need gives you a very different perception of money when you get rich.

Dont make me defend saudi ffs, but if your concern is that of human rights then no real madrid would not be on the top of the list of clubs you would want to join, beyond the name it was the pride and joy of someone who trampled human rights even worse than the saudis, and still represents that to this day hence the animosity with barcelona. So is he just a ditzy brainless ignorant karen who gets swayed by social media or a bona fide hypocrite?
Franco died before Kroos was born.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Franco died before Kroos was born.
And khashoogi died before Saudis started this and kroos played israel with 100s of UN human rights violations on record.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, i like Franco, i think israel is justified in majority of their actions and dont support saudi regime in the least. But you get judged on the metric you pick.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And khashoogi died before Saudis started this and kroos played israel with 100s of UN human rights violations on record.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, i like Franco, i think israel is justified in majority of their actions and dont support saudi regime in the least. But you get judged on the metric you pick.
Everything is the scale though. You can't live an entire life without any wrongdoing. I'm sure the Coca Cola Company have done something bad at some point. But sometimes I just want to drink a Coke.

With Saudi Arabia you're talking about glaring human rights violations and the money you're getting is coming directly from the people responsible for those violations. In most cases we're talking about established players with a lot of money in the bank, who are nonetheless willing to aid a horrific regime. And yes, I get that no one is without sin. We should remember that. But to me that doesn't mean we can't condemn certain actions. Otherwise we could throw out the entire criminal justice system as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)