Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (7 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They didn't profit massively.
I said in another thread. The UK finished repaying a loan back in 2006 , taken during ww2 of some 6 billion dollars.
After finishing repaying the loan the US actually lost somewhere between 6 to 8 billion from that loan thx to inflation.
The geopolitical and economy benefits were the greatest gains. Loan repayments were chump change in comparison.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Geopolitical and economy gains as in what?
You make it sound as if the USA wouldn't give a f' about Europe after ww2 they would have starved to death.

They could have chosen the Saudi Arabia route . I doubt it they would have it worse.
And that's my point sometimes other countries do help other countries .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You make it sound as if the USA wouldn't give a f' about Europe after ww2 they would have starved to death.

They could have chosen the Saudi Arabia route . I doubt it they would have it worse.
It's even worse than 'not helping'.

I could understand it if Saudi Arabia decided to use their money to build infrastructure. To make the life of its citizens better. Maybe guarantee them financial security in an uncertain world. Make their own country better in some way. But no, they're just burning it. They're burning it, because they can. And they're burning it while people all around them are dying and they could easily do something about it. I cannot understand why so many people on this forum agree to this or even find it amusing.

It is, by an enormous distance, the worst thing I have ever seen in the world of sports.

Apr 12, 2004

Well, the UK tried that after WW1, and that caused a lot of issues in the Middle East.

Jun 16, 2020
It's even worse than 'not helping'.

I could understand it if Saudi Arabia decided to use their money to build infrastructure. To make the life of its citizens better. Maybe guarantee them financial security in an uncertain world. Make their own country better in some way. But no, they're just burning it. They're burning it, because they can. And they're burning it while people all around them are dying and they could easily do something about it. I cannot understand why so many people on this forum agree to this or even find it amusing.

It is, by an enormous distance, the worst thing I have ever seen in the world of sports.
Google building projects Saudi Arabia, they’re building a lot of infrastructure

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
building infrastructure takes time too. building roads and schools and companies take years and years and can still run into problems via poor planning, weather, unexpected evnets (covid, war, political instability) , human error, change in managment and so on in the years it takes to build the infrastructures.

buying footballers in comparison can be done in few days or months. just because you do one doesn't mean you can't do other.

also Saudis have used money to invest in thousands of around the world projects via their venture capitalist sectors, mutual fund sectors, banking, angel investing...etc.

doesn't matter though. saudis could be curing cancer and seven will still come out and say "ohh but they could have cured dementia instead of burning it"

and i don't even like saudi state lmao.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
building infrastructure takes time too. building roads and schools and companies take years and years and can still run into problems via poor planning, weather, unexpected evnets (covid, war, political instability) , human error, change in managment and so on in the years it takes to build the infrastructures.

buying footballers in comparison can be done in few days or months. just because you do one doesn't mean you can't do other.

also Saudis have used money to invest in thousands of around the world projects via their venture capitalist sectors, mutual fund sectors, banking, angel investing...etc.

doesn't matter though. saudis could be curing cancer and seven will still come out and say "ohh but they could have cured dementia instead of burning it"

and i don't even like saudi state lmao.
If the Saudis cured cancer I wouldn't call it burning money.

Your argument is disingenuous.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's not really the point of my post.

A lot of people in this thread act as if all countries in the world would rather spend billions on footballers than send humanitarian aid to a neighbours in dire distress.

That is simply 100% false.

How I know?

Because they do send aid and they don't buy footballers. Norway doesn't buy Cristiano Ronaldo. You lot act as if Saudi Arabia is the only wealthy country in the world. As if the US couldn't buy a football team if they wanted to.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)