Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (31 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You mist be kidding if you think EU money running through football ain't dirty.

Also, who are you kidding? What you say is what Jesus would do. You make it sound like world works like that. The US should be helping SA then. Europe would have their hands full too.

Stop dreaming. We're not living in such world. It's about profit. Why would countires help those next to them? When has that happened?
The EU does grant asylum to refugees. And we send billions of aid all over the world.

Saudi Arabia does nothing.

It's such a lame argument. The kind a 14 year old makes towards a teacher in high school. The EU isn't perfect, therefore you can't criticise the horrible things that happen in other countries.

The EU isn't perfect, no. But it sure as fuck beats Saudi Arabia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The EU does grant asylum to refugees. And we send billions of aid all over the world.

It's such a lame argument. The kind a 14 year old makes towards a teacher in high school. The EU isn't perfect, therefore you can't criticise the horrible things that happen in other countries.

It does. I never said otherwise. But you make it sound like EU cares and like there's no dirty money and blood on hands too. Same fucking shit. Aid is sent but so are IMF debts. There are tons of bad shit across both Eu and the US. Of course countries don't give charities for others, just like businesses only fight for themselves. I have no idea how you came up with that BS. It's oil money, they should be helping those next to them because they have it tough. Where the fuck you have seen that? It might have existed. You studied history so feel free to share that.

[)el Piero

Oct 27, 2004
@Seven in this forum few talks about football and alot of trolling and meme about others culture or religions ,, you must be 10- IQ if you think you live in fairy tale and defender of freedom or human rights since EVERY country have been fucked up in some point and they still doing it but you choice to be blind and i dont know where are from and to be honest i dont care that much since im sure it`s another western shit whole where a man dont know if he`s a woman , a dog , or frog at 30years old and women earn millions selling their self in onlyfan and abused by online pimp,, anyway American + Russian + Arab all of them been Ruining the football market but you are picky about arab and saudi`s ,, i mean if you want talk about this you should be fair ,,, or you must be ignorant about the american and russian and what they did / do still ,,

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

That’s fucking preposterous. That fund all sort of terrorist organizations.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
It’s actually getting boring.

Every country has its own strengths and problems. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

And if we start playing the history card, it will only get worse for all sides.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I agree.

Lots of stuff can happen in life. If you don't have a lot of money yet and they offer you a couple of million, most people will take it. I can understand that much.

When you already have tens of millions in the bank, why bother? If I had 15 million, I wouldn't spend a single second doing something I don't like. I'd just go on holiday. Why live in fucking Saudi Arabia for an extra dollar?
Just come to the US and do corporate law for a while, nbd

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It’s actually getting boring.

Every country has its own strengths and problems. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

And if we start playing the history card, it will only get worse for all sides.
It actually might get worse for the western civilization, since they actually have a history.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Of course countries don't give charities for others, just like businesses only fight for themselves. I have no idea how you came up with that BS.
the most basic economics - you'll produce more value and live better if your neighbor is capable, competent and you trade and cooperate with him. plenty of examples in the history for that. that's also the whole idea behind EU - support the developing countries and develop the region, because a strong EU is in the interests of every single separate country.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It does. I never said otherwise. But you make it sound like EU cares and like there's no dirty money and blood on hands too. Same fucking shit. Aid is sent but so are IMF debts. There are tons of bad shit across both Eu and the US. Of course countries don't give charities for others, just like businesses only fight for themselves. I have no idea how you came up with that BS. It's oil money, they should be helping those next to them because they have it tough. Where the fuck you have seen that? It might have existed. You studied history so feel free to share that.
Again.

Your argument is that Saudi Arabia is fine, because not everything the EU does is awesome. That is just so weak. You're not even trying to put together an argument to defend Saudi Arabia's own actions. No, you're pointing the finger at others for much smaller transgressions.

Countries send aid to other countries all the time. The latest example would perhaps be the 7 billion in aid the EU sent to Turkey. As I have said before, Saudi Arabia's neighbour Yemen has 20 million people in distress. Over two million children malnourished. If Belgium, the US or even fucking Mexico were in that situation, they'd help. You know that just as well as I do.

You think you're intelligent, because you're cynical. But it's the kind of cynicism you see in a pubescent angry boy.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I just wonder, because there is not much talk of it, how is agent commission handled and how much those agents get from this Arabia thing. Because I could imagine agents playing biggest role in all of this convicing the players. If there is a contract of 200m I could easily see agent getting at least 50m from a deal like that.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Again.

Your argument is that Saudi Arabia is fine, because not everything the EU does is awesome. That is just so weak. You're not even trying to put together an argument to defend Saudi Arabia's own actions. No, you're pointing the finger at others for much smaller transgressions.

Countries send aid to other countries all the time. The latest example would perhaps be the 7 billion in aid the EU sent to Turkey. As I have said before, Saudi Arabia's neighbour Yemen has 20 million people in distress. Over two million children malnourished. If Belgium, the US or even fucking Mexico were in that situation, they'd help. You know that just as well as I do.

You think you're intelligent, because you're cynical. But it's the kind of cynicism you see in a pubescent angry boy.
Dude. I'm not presenting myself as intelligent, it's you offering some sort of new age solution to cure poverty. And it's full of bullshit. I'm not even tryong to defend Saudi Arabi but rather pointing out how silly is what you're sayong here.

If that were true, there would be no shit countries with horrible standard and tons of problema. Instead of investing in the military many countries could have invested that money in a noble way. But they don't and never will.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I’m not trying to argue that Saudi Arabia is better or make them look better (see 2nd paragraph in my last post). You are correct to criticize the Saudi regime and their actions.

You said in response to nations trading weapons to SA:

You keep bringing up the humanitarian crisis in Yemen and how its bad SA isn't helping them, without looking at what led to that crisis and who was involved. My argument was that the states that supplied the Saudis with weapons and military support throughout such conflicts and while fully aware of their usage and consequences (there’s no “maybe”, it happened), cannot claim to be and should not be viewed as better themselves. Alongside Saudis they are directly complicit in creating the crisis, especially given how reliant the Saudis are on foreign weaponry and military support to be able to wage such wars.

That to me is much more damning than looking at the amount of aid or number of refugees taken in afterwards (and just for reference, since 2015 UK has sent £1bn in aid to Yemen vs £10-27bn in weapons sales to Saudis, US: $6bn in aid to Yemen vs $65bn in weapons sales to SA). Same thing with Iraq, Syria, etc. If you only look at refugees taken in or aid sent after then US/Europe looks good and wholesome, but it's a different story when you acknowledge why those refugees exist in the first place.

The bolded part really ends all debate, because that is what this is about. The Saudi league is state sponsored, that's not the case for European leagues.

And as for supplying weapons: that still wouldn't be as bad as using them. If I give you a gun, knowing you're going to use it to kill your neighbour, that's pretty bad. But I'm still not the guy actually shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. I'm not presenting myself as intelligent, it's you offering some sort of new age solution to cure poverty. And it's full of bullshit. I'm not even tryong to defend Saudi Arabi but rather pointing out how silly is what you're sayong here.

If that were true, there would be no shit countries with horrible standard and tons of problema. Instead of investing in the military many countries could have invested that money in a noble way. But they don't and never will.
I didn't offer a solution. I said there are reasons why you cannot support Saudi Arabia's football competition.

But I understand how you see the world. Everyone is evil and we're all alone. Boohoo.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wouldn't that make you equally guilty as an accomplice/criminal? You're into law right
It makes you guilty, but not equally guilty.

And that's my point. There are levels. The EU and the US are not perfect countries. The companies in those countries aren't perfect. Not all the money that goes through Juventus comes from the perfect sources.

But Saudi Arabia is just a bridge too far for me. Everything about that country is fucked up. And even apart from guilt, you now have Neymar earning over 100M a year in a part of the world where people struggle to eat. I just cannot understand how there are people who are okay with this.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Without US's help after the second world war most of Europe would have been in the dark ages for the next couple of years .
So other countries do help others. You just have to share there values.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Without US's help after the second world war most of Europe would have been in the dark ages for the next couple of years .
So other countries do help others. You just have to share there values.
The US themselves did profit massively from this. They didn't just help cause they are the nice guys.

But yeah, they helped and in the end that's what matters.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The US themselves did profit massively from this. They didn't just help cause they are the nice guys.

But yeah, they helped and in the end that's what matters.
They didn't profit massively.
I said in another thread. The UK finished repaying a loan back in 2006 , taken during ww2 of some 6 billion dollars.
After finishing repaying the loan the US actually lost somewhere between 6 to 8 billion from that loan thx to inflation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)