Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Looking at what's currently happening in the La Liga and how PL teams can spend milions on transfer I can see big Spanish and Italian clubs creating their own domestic league, maybe with inclusion of the teams like Ajax, Porto, Benfica.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Looking at what's currently happening in the La Liga and how PL teams can spend milions on transfer I can see big Spanish and Italian clubs creating their own domestic league, maybe with inclusion of the teams like Ajax, Porto, Benfica.
La Liga and Serie A both have deals with ESPN. Merger of the leagues or some cross league competition could be financially huge.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
CVC deal complicates it, but I could imagine league of Juve, Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Real, Barca, Atleti, Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal, Porto, Benfica. It's probably the only way to fight with the PL and state clubs like PSG.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Seriously, they should just drop this FFP BS. When you look at PSG's numbers especially, its clear the whole thing is a sham. I mean from what i understand the legal basis of FFP in Europe is shaky anyway. After PSG and City managed to overturn the sanctions against them in the CAS, I think they understand that they can just get away with it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Seriously, they should just drop this FFP BS. When you look at PSG's numbers especially, its clear the whole thing is a sham. I mean from what i understand the legal basis of FFP in Europe is shaky anyway. After PSG and City managed to overturn the sanctions against them in the CAS, I think they understand that they can just get away with it.
If anything they should find a different solution. Or a wage cap. But seriously, I think everything can be dodged. They can even wage cap, give players x amount of wages, and then pour millions into them from different sources to compensate.

The state of football seems horrible and I don't know what needs to happen in order to see it balanced. I don't think we'll ever see that. There's way too much cash in the game right now which creates huge gaps. Even if they disable FFP I don't think much would change because oil clubs would continue pouring billions into their teams. It's like a mirror of a real life. A couple of trillionairs and hundreds of nobodies.

Looking at PSG right now I can only expect to see WC players warm their bench in the future while starting XI to be made out of super stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)