Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (167 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Julian Draxler explains he joined Wolfsburg 'to better develop’ rather than switching to Serie A and Juventus.

The attacking midfielder was part of a protracted transfer saga with his club Schalke and the Bianconeri, and a deal appeared to be very close on Saturday afternoon.

However, by Monday the 21-year-old had joined fellow Bundesliga side Wolfsburg, and the player admits that staying in Germany was a factor.

“I think I can develop my attitude better in Germany compared to Italy,” Draxler explained as he was presented to the media.

“The Bundesliga is an environment I already know. Schalke will always be my home, but something has changed, they’re in a phase of stagnation, and a change of scenery can only be good for me.

"I chose Wolfsburg because I think I can grow more in Germany, rather than in Italy in an environment I don't know.

“My only regret is not joining Kevin De Bruyne here [the Belgian moved to Manchester City], it would have been nice to play with him.”

- - - Updated - - -

Bundesliga brushes aside Serie A .

Buy on AliExpress.com

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Julian Draxler explains he joined Wolfsburg 'to better develop’ rather than switching to Serie A and Juventus.

The attacking midfielder was part of a protracted transfer saga with his club Schalke and the Bianconeri, and a deal appeared to be very close on Saturday afternoon.

However, by Monday the 21-year-old had joined fellow Bundesliga side Wolfsburg, and the player admits that staying in Germany was a factor.

“I think I can develop my attitude better in Germany compared to Italy,” Draxler explained as he was presented to the media.

“The Bundesliga is an environment I already know. Schalke will always be my home, but something has changed, they’re in a phase of stagnation, and a change of scenery can only be good for me.

"I chose Wolfsburg because I think I can grow more in Germany, rather than in Italy in an environment I don't know.

“My only regret is not joining Kevin De Bruyne here [the Belgian moved to Manchester City], it would have been nice to play with him.”

- - - Updated - - -

yea, blame marotta

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
:lol: :lol: 80M for Martial.

Football officially went full retard

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hernanes the poor´s man Draxler :heart:

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
So United risk losing the player very likely for free next year? I know they can lose out on the transfer fee and still not feel the hit in account of their massive turnover, but €40 million is still €40 million. Way to make a point.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
So United risk losing the player very likely for free next year? I know they can lose out on the transfer fee and still not feel the hit in account of their massive turnover, but €40 million is still €40 million. Way to make a point.
They could sell him off for reduces price in January, or the player could decide to stay if he renews his contract with United, but I think United made a genuine mistake here when they took too long to convice Navas to come over causing the delay in paper work.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds very German.
I don't think we would have seen something like this during the glory days of Serie A 80's and 90's.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
BERLIN, Sept 2 — Schalke coach Andre Breitenreiter has bitterly lamented the sale of Germany international Julian Draxler to rivals Wolfsburg, while sports director Horst Heldt has defended the club’s record transfer.

The Royal Blues sold their star midfielder to Wolfsburg on Monday for a reported €35 million euros , plus five million in bonuses, as the 21-year-old left the club he joined in 2001 as a child.

He played 170 matches for Schalke and scored 30 goals.

“Jule arrived with us for nothing, we educated him and now we’ve sold him for 40 million,” Heldt told SID, an AFP subsidiary.

“We have secured the most expensive transfer in the club’s history.”

But Heldt admits that while Schalke are now flushed with cash, they will be poorer on the pitch.

“There is a loss of quality, as we know,” Heldt added.

The Draxler transfer will help reduce Schalke’s debt of €163.9 million up until the end of 2014.

Wolfsburg bought Draxler to replace Belgian attacking midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, who left for Manchester City, but Breitenreiter regrets selling their best player—who played against Wolfsburg in Schalke’s 3-0 away defeat last Friday.

“In Julian, we have lost our best player, the quality in the squad has dropped,” fumed Breitenreiter.

“Until last weekend, I thought he was staying.

“If I had known on Thursday that he’s going, he wouldn’t have played against Wolfsburg on Friday.

“The club and the fans need to ask themselves why Julian left.

“We still have a number of talented players, but we have to be careful.”

Breitenreiter, who took charge at the start of the season, also rued the club’s decision to drive advertising lorries through Gelsenkirchen and neighbouring Dortmund when Draxler signed a five-year extension in 2013.

Alongside the caption “Julian Draxler: With pride and passion until 2018” was a giant image of the player in a Schalke strip.

“The club itself raised the hype around him and built him up,” added Breitenreiter.

“I wouldn’t have allowed the lorries to drive around back then.” — AFP

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the coach is very bitter about it , and yeah it doesn't make sense to play him against the club he was going to join.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

- - - Updated - - -

He's right. It's hard to break through as a young talent in Italy because Italian managers are too conservative, plus they also copy their formations off of each other all the time. Who the fuck would want to come to Serie A to be deployed in a decrepit 3-5-2 or lethargic Italian 4-4-2 anyway.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's right. It's hard to break through as a young talent in Italy because Italian managers are too conservative, plus they also copy their formations off of each other all the time. Who the fuck would want to come to Serie A to be deployed in a decrepit 3-5-2 or lethargic Italian 4-4-2 anyway.
Americano :touched:

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
Sportbild linking Xhaka with Bayern again.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2...-xhaka-klopp-will-hummels-43717502.sport.html

They showed interest last summer, but Xhaka had just extended his contract, so there was zero chance for Eberl to consider selling him. He has a buyout clause and can leave in summer 2017 for 30m€. I think he ll become the Alonso successor and coming to Bayern in 2017 latest. If Bayern wont extend Alonso's contract for another year, then I think Xhaka ll join them next summer for around 40m€.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Sportbild linking Xhaka with Bayern again.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2...-xhaka-klopp-will-hummels-43717502.sport.html

They showed interest last summer, but Xhaka had just extended his contract, so there was zero chance for Eberl to consider selling him. He has a buyout clause and can leave in summer 2017 for 30m€. I think he ll become the Alonso successor and coming to Bayern in 2017 latest. If Bayern wont extend Alonso's contract for another year, then I think Xhaka ll join them next summer for around 40m€.
Yeah just like you claimed De Bruyne was going to join Bayern in 2016.

Just stop.He'll go to the highest bidder and it'll likely be a top 4 EPL team.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they'll get that clause removed in the end.
Just like Dortmund are doing lately.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
No way he ll get that clause removed..Gladbach r no Dortmund.

But u may be right with a move to EPL of course. If a club goes nuts again and offering ridiculous sums like 60m€ for example, then Bayern is out of the race, thats for sure. If the player wants Bayern only, then no bidding war is going to happen. Under normal circumstances I see him moving to Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 166)