Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
And the Vermaelen soap goes on, now he would be close to signing for ManU again. They apparently raised their offer to 19MEuro (rumors guys) and he would have agreed to sign a contract for 120.000 euro/week.

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
And the Vermaelen soap goes on, now he would be close to signing for ManU again. They apparently raised their offer to 19MEuro (rumors guys) and he would have agreed to sign a contract for 120.000 euro/week.
When Vermaelen is valued at 19m or over 15m generally, our Bonucci should cost twice.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
When Vermaelen is valued at 19m or over 15m generally, our Bonucci should cost twice.
:) nah, the difference is that Vermaelen can't do that much harm to your team since he is always injured ;)
For that kind of money, I dont have a problem selling to our rival. Especially because I don't rate the Verminator tbh.
You should wait a bit longer, in a week he is worth the same as D. Luiz if the rise continues at this rate :)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
All you need now is for Pool to join in since they'd want him as a replacement for Agger and you are there.
Apparently we're interested in Agger, which is pointless, he's the Danish Vermaelen. More interested in attacking than defending, makes silly positional mistakes, plays with his left foot, and is quite injury prone. The similarities are dashing :p

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Apparently we're interested in Agger, which is pointless, he's the Danish Vermaelen. More interested in attacking than defending, makes silly positional mistakes, plays with his left foot, and is quite injury prone. The similarities are dashing :p
I actually rate Vermaelen higher, when fit an on his game (I know, been a while) he is a good CB, especially considering Mertesacker is one of your starting CB's.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I actually rate Vermaelen higher, when fit an on his game (I know, been a while) he is a good CB, especially considering Mertesacker is one of your starting CB's.
I don't agree, even in his only good season for Arsenal, he was always suspect positionally as a defender. I think Mertesacker while being very slow and not completely suited to our high defensive line, is still a very good defender. He's smart, he leads the defensive line well, he's an excellent reader of the game, and he's made us a lot less vulnerable to long balls and set pieces; not only because of his height, but also because he's a very good organizer in defense. I think Mertesacker is definitely a much better defender than Vermaelen. There is a reason he has more than 100 caps for Germany, and why for the most part he's been a starter for the German NT.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Mertesacker is really good actually.
I don't blame him at all for Arsenals defensive woes. The real blame goes on Wengers tactics, and our midfielders for not pressing opposition enough, if you play a high line, and your midfield do not press the opposition, that spells suicide. Your defenders will have to endure ball after ball being put behind them, with 40 yards between them and their keeper, and several pacy forwards making run after run behind them. Thats how we got slaughtered at Stamford, Ittihad and Anfield last season.

Sir Miss-A-Lot

May 22, 2013
So Di Maria won't be going to PSG after all. What will happen in Madrid then? They are stacked for the three positions behind the striker. Modric, James, Bale, Ronaldo, Jese, Di Maria, Isco. One of them must go, and if it's not going to be Di Maria, i bet Isco could be on the way out...

GrecoJuve

May 19, 2014
Gaitan will follow the example of Garay,Cardozo,Markovic,Enzo Perez,Rodrigo,Andre Gomes, Oblak and Djuricic.
He is on selling list, Monaco is really interested in him.

RIP Benfica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)