Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (123 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
We came back in a year and invested like imbeciles. Should have took the youth approach and built up the talent for the base instead of wasting it on useless backups from Udinese.
That's true and we then changed the management and won two consecutive league titles in three seasons and reach the quarter finals in the CL. Dortmund was knocked out of the group stages their first year back.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's true and we then changed the management and won two consecutive league titles in three seasons and reach the quarter finals in the CL. Dortmund was knocked out of the group stages their first year back.
I just don't think we have been impressive apart from the unbeaten run in a weaker league. This is nothing like the Serie A I grew up on every Saturday and Sunday. Huge shame.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just don't think we have been impressive apart from the unbeaten run in a weaker league. This is nothing like the Serie A I grew up on every Saturday and Sunday. Huge shame.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
But we're much weaker too. The last part I agree with and we will never see that again in any league. I watched a lot of Spanish football once, but they've even become worse. Never liked English, but when they peaked, I enjoyed it. Maybe the English are on their way back - we'll see.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I miss the days of the badass midfield. Physically bossing the other team all around the stadium, dominating the match. Culminating in that sweet 2-0 victory. :fap:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You must have jacked off to that Emerson and Blasi/Vieira midfield then.

If somebody would create the ultimate GIF of that midfield, it would be when Emerson stumbled over the ball at kickoff at Anfield.

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
No matter how much money the Italian teams spend the last years, it's nowhere near the English top flight and Real and Barca. I really don't know about Bayern.
Bayern have spent their faces off, but it's sustainable spending built over a couple seasons of cutting back.
Bayern have spent £372m in the past ten seasons in transfer fees alone, Juve £465m, Barca at £547m, Chelsea and Man C close to £800m, and RM at £926m. Remember this is just transfer fees without taking into account wages and etc....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/t...ers_2013_2004_default_default_alle_a_a_a.html

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It's becoming more offensive, which is great in my view. But this goes back to the mentality discussion. Either way, time to change or die.
Nah, I actually enjoy great defenders more than attackers, probably because they're more rare.

But yeah, Seria A has got to change. We need more people like Agnelli, especially in the FIGC.

Mar 16, 2013
Schalke got an easy group while Dortmund qualified on goal difference due to an own goal they scored at the 88th minute against Marseilles, otherwise Napoli were through.

Except Bayern, Italy's and Germany's top 6 clubs are pretty comparable.
They topped the group with their entire defense and best midfielder (Guendogan) injured playing some players completely inexperienced at that level. (Durm? Hofmann?)

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, look at them play and look at their players. If Napoli play like they did in this CL against Schalke or Leverkusen, they would win 9 out of 10 times.
Against Chokerkusen, probably. Schalke is a different story. They also dealt with quite a few injuries to important players (Kolasinac, Papadopoulus, Huntelaar, Dennis Aogo, and also Farfan a few games in the CL, if I remember right) but still managed to qualify. IMO, the scoreline against Chelsea was completely out of proportion with how the game went. They also beat Fc Basel twice while Chelsea lost to Fc Basel twice. Despite Schalke's and Leverkusen's embarrassing scorelines against Man Utd and Chelsea, you just have to look at the whole picture, and not just haha they lost against EPL teams (considering also some of the age of some of the players, I'm sure some of them shat their pants against Chelsea, for example) that being all Bundesliga teams qualifying for the knockouts this season just like last season. I actually think that if Schalke gets a competent manager, maybe Thomas Tuchel, they could potentially pull a Dortmund in the next few years if they keep their players.

Max Meyer, Julian Draxler, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Leon Goretzka, that's some ridiculous talent they have coming through.

The Bundesliga as a whole just keeps popping out more and more talented players and is going to continue to get stronger. We just have a ridiculously good youth system right now.

Italy will bounce back again one day, I'm sure of it.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It's weaker than it was, yes, but so are other leagues and football in general.
:lol:

Yeah,yeah,football is weak in general because Italian teams arent dominating,i get it. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Schalke got an easy group while Dortmund qualified on goal difference due to an own goal they scored at the 88th minute against Marseilles, otherwise Napoli were through.

Except Bayern, Italy's and Germany's top 6 clubs are pretty comparable.
Thats a pretty poor excuse.We had an easy group too.Leverkusen qualified too,thats the bottomline at the end of the day.

And Dortmund dint just qualify ,they topped the group as well.But go on and gloat about how strong Serie A teams are.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
8 mil salary?? ridic

- - - Updated - - -

no it's after tax
Nope.

"Ribery's gross annual income of 11.4 million euros."

Another source when he signed the contract.

The German press estimated a gross salary of€10 million, which is the highest salary in the club’s history. That’s equivalent to £8.5 million a year or £164,000 a week.

I don't know how much the tax is in Germany but they don't earn much more than Tevez, if not less.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I'm with Bjerkens on this one tbh. Serie A might be competitive (in some way) but quality of the league has decreased a lot. There should be no excuses. Italian teams suck in European competitions due to lack of quality and wrong mentality. You're as good as your last match and it doesn't speak good of Juve.

I don't like EPL because I don't find it interesting to watch but Italian teams lack mentality they have over there. They play a lot of matches, no winter break, many injuries and they're still there to compete. Italian teams instead look for excuses all the time.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
In my opinion italian teams really need to try and fix the problem from the ground up. The big italian teams buying good players and winning a few games in Europe is just like trying to fix a shark bite with a bandaid. Italian teams across the board will never have the money of the English or big euro (oil money run) teams. They need to get back to what they have always done best and develop smart tactical players, not try and make the next attacking sensation. Italian football at its strongest had great players, great international players but above all great balance. Any team on their day was able to at least be competitive and if a team took another team lightly they were punished. Italians don't even develop the brilliant defenders they once did.

the best players in the world want to play for the best teams, in the best leagues and want to win. If italian football was stronger from the bottom up , it would force the big teams to get even better and they would in turn be able to attract better players. The italian league problem needs a whole different approach to the one being taken now. Also the other big clubs need to grow some balls, build their own stadiums and start generating their own money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)