Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This Neymar transfer is going to lead to a vicious cycle.

Neymar goes for 220m, so sets a precedent - then for example, Barca pays 120m+ for Coutinho + 100m on other player(s);
Then Liverpool spends 80m+ on an average striker from club X
Club X spends 50m on a replacement who a few years back would have been sold for less than 15m.

Mourinho's comment is right. Its going to drive the transfer fees of very average players up a lot too. Smart Juve did most of their buys early in the market then
Yea and clubs like us with ambition but not the financial muscle to compete with Madrid, PSG and the EPL clubs will be kinda fucked

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
DI Maria for 40m? How much did we pay for Bernadeschi again??
Di Maria turns 30 next February. Bernardeschi turns 24 next February.

Di Maria is not that reliable really. Moody player with ups and downs. Risky signing imo even if you have CL ambitions. And Bernardeschi can grow and improve still, 30 years old Di Maria wont grow anymore. Might get worse even in terms of speed and fitness. Also wtf he cant stay in one club more than 2 years now? Manu and PSG and now here? Doesnt really show confidence or trust in that guy delivering us CLs.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Didn't we concede 2 throughout the whole campaign, only to concede 4 in a $#@!ing final, including 3 in a single half? :boh:
And RM didn't even play in a great level, it was more about us losing our mind... Now he's gone, BonBon is the one to blame cuz I would like to do the same with Dani but he's the current player with most trophies so it's an yes for an asshole but a not for a choker

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Spot on!

Neymar is amazing. Now he is the leader, im sure he will some of his cirkus football aside and be more direct like Ronaldo and Messi.

Watch him for brazil! Amazing player! Who just need to be the go to guy. He Will be close to Ronaldo and Messi stats this season.
what good building their team around Neymar has done for Brazil though?

Copa America 2011 eliminated by Paraguay
WC2014 4th place
Copa America 2015 eliminated by Paraguay

his only true success with Brazil is mickey mouse tournaments like Confederations Cup and Olympic games, they're the ManUtd of NT's. if I were trying to talk Neymar up, I'd avoid Brazil NT, it's not Neymar's fault that they're a mediocre side, but being the leader of a failing side is nothing to be proud of.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Spot on!

Neymar is amazing. Now he is the leader, im sure he will some of his cirkus football aside and be more direct like Ronaldo and Messi.

Watch him for brazil! Amazing player! Who just need to be the go to guy. He Will be close to Ronaldo and Messi stats this season.
Unless PSG is banned from CL. I don't see how UEFA could let it slide.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really hope barca will go back to their suck level of buying chokers with lots of money wasting all the money from Neymar and going back to their world known status pre 2006

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Neymar having his conference today and Khelaifi is marketing him very well.

Neymar: "I feel like any other Brazilian citizen, I have a lot of happiness in me.

PSG chairman Nasser Al Khelaifi: "He's already handsome but with the jersey on he looks very handsome."

Nasser Al-Khelaifi: "Before Neymar the value of the club was $1bn, now it is $1.5bn."

PSG chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi: "You are trying to put pressure on us and Neymar, we love it.

"Our ambition is to win the Champions League, that is always there. We want to win the maximum trophies we can. It is our dream and we will fight for it. The players need to enjoy it.

"We paid the buyout clause, not Neymar."

PSG chairman Nasser Al Khelaifi: "We have the biggest firework here and the media want more and more.

"But let's focus - the world's best player is here and let's enjoy this transfer first."

:seven: what an arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)