Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It is and I'm well aware that they're not an Italian club.

Not saying they won't spend that kind of money but it's certainly a stretch as they haven't spent such amounts for quite a few years now.
And I am saying it certainly is not a stretch for them. Them not spending big in the last few years hasn't got anything to do with it. Heck, we dint spend €150M until last summer.
They have massive sponsorship deals kicking in. Both Yokohoma and Nike pay them €150M a year combined and the TV revenue has only gotten bigger for them since they're the Champions. Not to mention their rivals are spending big as well.
Chelsea can spend €200M without breaking a sweat. Danilo signing doesn't exclude a potential Sandro deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Chelsea have already made £123M(€140M) from player sales in 2017

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.go...ave-made-an-incredible-123m-from-player-sales

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
And I am saying it certainly is not a stretch for them. Them not spending big in the last few years hasn't got anything to do with it. Heck, we dint spend €150M until last summer.
They have massive sponsorship deals kicking in. Both Yokohoma and Nike pay them €150M a year combined and the TV revenue has only gotten bigger for them since they're the Champions. Not to mention their rivals are spending big as well.
Chelsea can spend €200M without breaking a sweat. Danilo signing doesn't exclude a potential Sandro deal.
I do know that Chelsea has got a lot of money. What I'm saying is that they haven't been run like a big spending club for a while (compared to the other big PL teams). Maybe the new sponsorship deals will change that and they'll match the Manchester clubs spending this year but who knows.

Would be a bit ironic if they do spend a huge amount of money this summer after Conte moaned last season about the other teams spendings.

Also i think it's unlikely we would have spent 150M last year without the Pogba sale (not sure how our spending is relevant here anyways).

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I do know that Chelsea has got a lot of money. What I'm saying is that they haven't been run like a big spending club for a while (compared to the other big PL teams). Maybe the new sponsorship deals will change that and they'll match the Manchester clubs spending this year but who knows.

Would be a bit ironic if they do spend a huge amount of money this summer after Conte moaned last season about the other teams spendings.

Also i think it's unlikely we would have spent 150M last year without the Pogba sale (not sure how our spending is relevant here anyways).
I brought up our spending because we dint do anything crazy in the mercato until last year when we had the money to do it with revenue from sales, CL etc. Spending €90M for Higuaín even with a big sale was high by our standards considering how tight we have been in the past years.

In the same way, Chelsea have sponsorships kicking in and as I've posted they've made a fair bit of money from sales. I just don't think Conte would sit idle and watch his rivals buy their way out of trouble. I think they're in for a massive summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)