Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He will do great in Italy despite his age. I think it's a good move eventhough wages are heavy.
his first year might be fine, despite mancini. i expect a freefall from him after that. he's not motivated, already 33 and slow af, always been some kind of primadonna, will win shit at inter, no way he's gonna fight for a ball in 2 years time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He gets criticised for not defending in the Premier League :)lol:), Mancini needs to give him a free role, because he isn't going to stick to some restrictive CM position. They should just stick someone like Medel behind him and let him do what he wants. But yeah, his legs are not the same now.

Typical Serie A signing, I heard them say.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
his first year might be fine, despite mancini. i expect a freefall from him after that. he's not motivated, already 33 and slow af, always been some kind of primadonna, will win shit at inter, no way he's gonna fight for a ball in 2 years time.
He's not going to win anything at Inter but that doesn't mean it's not a good move.

Like JJ said, this guy needs a free role and he shines at it. He might not be the old player but he's still very good and slower pace in this league will benefit his style imo.

A new club will motivate him. There were/are many old players in Serie A. Great players, like Yaya once was, can easily find a spot and shine more than others.

It's not like I'm defending Inter. Maybe there were better options but I doubt it. Considering the wages they'll pay, what, 15mln for him? For 15mln nowadays you can't get anyone. And unlike some 'talented kid' I believe Yaya will an instant impact in their team.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
A new club will motivate him.
that's the main reason i think he'll do fine in his first year. i highly doubt mancini will give him a free role, though. he sold kovacic, hernanes, dropped jovetic for the 2nd half of the season, it seems to me he just can't handle creative players.

btw 15m net means ~30m of wage costs. 10m (5 net) a year for a single player is just enormously high for any club that produces around 150-160m of income. it's like we payed 11-12m net to one of our players. inter has no other choice to attract class, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)