Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (393 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Nowhere near that level.Not even close.

Indian Super League is just a 3 month tournament where retired/semi-retired footballers can make some good money in a short space of time.Its still in its infancy and remains to be seen if they will collaborate this tournament into the regular club season.If they do that,then i doubt big names will agree to play in India.
Your analysis of the ISL and the teething problems is all accurate. But I didn't quite understand why you assumed or doubt that big names would agree to play in India. Why not?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Your analysis of the ISL and the teething problems is all accurate. But I didn't quite understand why you assumed or doubt that big names would agree to play in India. Why not?
Because players prefer eating worms and shit rather than getting raped. :p

Jul 20, 2012
Official official? :lol:
@Osman
Besides that article from tuttojuve, im having a hard time finding something concrete

WHAT THE FLYING $#@!
meanwhile we have to break our legs over being smart in the mercato, pinching here pinching there. Scouting here scouting there. What do we get from FIAT? 15mil pa?
if the figures are true, he is not worth it at all.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
A.I doubt the current owners would shell out the money required to lure big stars which will be 2-3 Times more than what they are doing on a 3 month basis right now.
B.Shitty stadiums and terrible infrastructure.Not a direct reason ofcourse but more of an indirect one.

Add to that, the culture and surroundings are very different for these foreign players.
Earning quick money in 3 months is one thing and it's a much easier decision than playing for the longer haul in a country like India thus being away from home for a longer period.

Tl; dr
We just don't have ideal conditions to lure foreign players on a longer basis like say MLS or even China.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Because players prefer eating worms and shit rather than getting raped. :p
Lol, dayem there's more to this beautiful country than that stereotype. :(

- - - Updated - - -

A.I doubt the current owners would shell out the money required to lure big stars which will be 2-3 Times more than what they are doing on a 3 month basis right now.
B.Shitty stadiums and terrible infrastructure.Not a direct reason ofcourse but more of an indirect one.

Add to that, the culture and surroundings are very different for these foreign players.
Earning quick money in 3 months is one thing and it's a much easier decision than playing for the longer haul in a country like India thus being away from home for a longer period.

Tl; dr
We just don't have ideal conditions to lure foreign players on a longer basis like say MLS or even China.

In my personal opinion I would imagine that point B is actually a more pertinent point than the one above it. India, believe it or not is an unbelievably crazy untapped market for the European game/player. The IPL cricket league, albeit on a 3 month schedule has pretty much dented the iteneraries of most international cricket boards to accommodate it. There is a huge amount of money in circulation, but the question is, would all the bureaucracy and red tape allow for it to be harnessed in a transparent, constructive manner? That is something which will define sport and infrastructure in the long run.

Currently speaking, the point you make about stadiums and infrastructure is really where the issues lie. On the grassroots level, India is a cricket obsessed nation, and you'll see that in our successes on a globally visible scale. Unfortunately, sports like Football, Hockey, and the like have recieved step motherly treatment across states and regions and that's why the brand properties for these sports need to be uplifted in a manner that deserve global recognition, simply because of the enormous potential that lies across its enormous geography that quite like China will produce results on the strength of population alone.

I would tend to disagree with the culture and surroundings being a deterrent for these players. Yes, 3 months and 9 months are two very different type of seasons, but the argument there lies in the food and dietary regulations on a daily basis that would affect them, but the bustle and diverse vein of the Indian subcontinent is something that has seemingly enriched most of those that have experienced it. And I'd like to think it would give them enough to enjoy from a personal point of view. Of course, this discussion is purely hypothetical, because there's a long way to go before the ISL or similar property can create any value on a continental level. But the point I was trying to make is, purely from a player's personal perspective, I don't think one would outright reject the possibility of playing India (from a country standpoint).

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Love it, fuck EPL. Hope they lose all players to China. If you're willing to move to a shit hole like Manchester to play football you might as well move to China.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Besides that article from tuttojuve, im having a hard time finding something concrete

if the figures are true, he is not worth it at all.
Yeah, he's good but not worth 50m. He isn't the type of AM we need either.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a different matter. The sole fact that noname chinks can $#@!ing spam 40-50mil on 1 player and Juventus FC can't or won't (thanks Obeppe) is frustrating
I'm not sure what you mean, but Chinese clubs DO have more $ than us. And we obviously didn't have (or the need this season) 50m to spend in winter mercato.

Not sure how reliable they are, but there are rumors of Jiangsu Suning offering 75m pounds for Oscar and Shanghai offering 91m euros for Hulk. Getting crazier.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Lol, dayem there's more to this beautiful country than that stereotype. :(

- - - Updated - - -

In my personal opinion I would imagine that point B is actually a more pertinent point than the one above it. India, believe it or not is an unbelievably crazy untapped market for the European game/player. The IPL cricket league, albeit on a 3 month schedule has pretty much dented the iteneraries of most international cricket boards to accommodate it. There is a huge amount of money in circulation, but the question is, would all the bureaucracy and red tape allow for it to be harnessed in a transparent, constructive manner? That is something which will define sport and infrastructure in the long run.

Currently speaking, the point you make about stadiums and infrastructure is really where the issues lie. On the grassroots level, India is a cricket obsessed nation, and you'll see that in our successes on a globally visible scale. Unfortunately, sports like Football, Hockey, and the like have recieved step motherly treatment across states and regions and that's why the brand properties for these sports need to be uplifted in a manner that deserve global recognition, simply because of the enormous potential that lies across its enormous geography that quite like China will produce results on the strength of population alone.

I would tend to disagree with the culture and surroundings being a deterrent for these players. Yes, 3 months and 9 months are two very different type of seasons, but the argument there lies in the food and dietary regulations on a daily basis that would affect them, but the bustle and diverse vein of the Indian subcontinent is something that has seemingly enriched most of those that have experienced it. And I'd like to think it would give them enough to enjoy from a personal point of view. Of course, this discussion is purely hypothetical, because there's a long way to go before the ISL or similar property can create any value on a continental level. But the point I was trying to make is, purely from a player's personal perspective, I don't think one would outright reject the possibility of playing India (from a country standpoint).
Forget the ISL. If you want to see how running football in India has to change, you have to look at Bengaluru FC. Apart from the stadium (owned by the city), the club is run excellently. Engaging fans, running soccer schools, having youth tournaments, the lot. They also pay top money as salary (compared to Indian standards of course). Merging ISL with the I-League and having clubs follow the model that Bengaluru follows would go a long way in making the scene better. The only slight issue is that not all clubs have money that the Jindals have :D

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Love it, fuck EPL. Hope they lose all players to China. If you're willing to move to a shit hole like Manchester to play football you might as well move to China.
Great, you don't liek the Premier League. But why do you have a need to portray yourself as ignorant?

Who do you think will have he hardest tiem keeping their best players away from China?

Premier League? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-clubs-to-share-8.3-billion-TV-windfall.html

Or any other European league?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Those teams are owned by billionaires with very close ties with the Chinese government. Of course they have a shit load of money.
The thing is that it's only a few teams who actually have that kind of money, and Chinese teams can only field a few foreign players at a time, it's either 3 or 4. So there won't be a mass movement of players. You'll end up getting some back for cheaper than what they paid.

Jun 6, 2015
WHAT THE FLYING $#@!
meanwhile we have to break our legs over being smart in the mercato, pinching here pinching there. Scouting here scouting there. What do we get from FIAT? 15mil pa?
If we decided to blow our whole budget on two or three players we'd have Neymar, Oscar and David Luiz playing with bunch of mediocre chinese. I prefer our current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 390)